Educational

Author Topic: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring  (Read 6602 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2011, 11:13:51 PM »
Why not just delete her immediately if she's desperate for it to happen?

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2011, 11:18:30 PM »
There's no reason to hack the delete button.  We can delete your account for you in a week if that's what you want.

To be honest with you Callaway, I want it deleted and over with now, not in a week's time...and hacking a delete button so I can do it myself is absolutely harmless, and otherwise, often, very easy...so that's what I will do if I can and bring the feeding frenzy to a halt right way.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2011, 11:19:36 PM »
Whyyyyyy? Can people here honestly hurt you that badly?

Now there is a trick question that was not intended to be if ever I saw one :)

:heart: :ner:

But it's a well-meaning one. I actually agree with a lot of your POV. But I think you're being a selfish ass about deleting the advocacy stuff. Some things are more important than personal hurt, and giving people a voice is one of them.

I am right now attempting to get Socrates back on the forum, because that bitchqueen Palmatier is STILL throwing legal bullshit at him, for no reason other than personal vindication, because he sure doesn't have the money to pay her off. Sites like this may leave open the risk of harm, but they do a lot of good too. We here are not the enemy.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2011, 11:21:49 PM »

The reason for the waiting period is that in the past there have been people who deleted their accounts in a fit of anger, then came back in the next day or two regretting the deletion and looking for us to fix it for them.  We can make a new account in the old name for them, but their PMs disappear and their old posts revert to guest posts, which makes using the search feature more difficult and they can't edit their old posts anymore.   

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2011, 11:22:37 PM »

Thank you, that seems pretty obvious to me....

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2011, 11:31:36 PM »

:heart: :ner:

But it's a well-meaning one. I actually agree with a lot of your POV. But I think you're being a selfish ass about deleting the advocacy stuff. Some things are more important than personal hurt, and giving people a voice is one of them.

I know it was well meaning :) But deleting the advocacy posts was not about personal hurt, none of it was, except to prevent personal detail being studied and abused to hurt me in the here and now...the advocacy stuff (which is duplicated all over the place) because otherwise I would lose control of the context and that has always been a disaster in the past...besides, Odeon and his friends went to so much trouble to discredit my integrity as a human being and an activist that I was a bit horrified there were so many here at all where they could easily have the opposite effect through being villified and mocked. Best to just take them down while I could.

I am right now attempting to get Socrates back on the forum, because that bitchqueen Palmatier is STILL throwing legal bullshit at him, for no reason other than personal vindication, because he sure doesn't have the money to pay her off. Sites like this may leave open the risk of harm, but they do a lot of good too. We here are not the enemy.

It is on a far deeper, more personal level that this site is *my* adversary.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:50:48 PM by Mechanima »

P7PSP

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2011, 11:36:27 PM »

The one week wait is how it is done here. You have stated that you have no intention of changing anything to fit in here. If you won't bend for this site, why should this site deviate from its standards for you?

If pettiness, i.e. deleting posts, is how we relate than what is good for the goose is good for the gander. All you need to do is delete the remaining posts from your account and leave. I can't think of any reason odeon should take extraordinary measures to make you happy. Shake the dirt off your shoes and go elsewhere to pat yourself on the back.

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2011, 11:47:32 PM »
aiting period is that in the past there have been people who deleted their accounts in a fit of anger, then came back in the next day or two regretting the deletion and looking for us to fix it for them.  We can make a new account in the old name for them, but their PMs disappear and their old posts revert to guest posts, which makes using the search feature more difficult and they can't edit their old posts anymore.
This is not a fit of anger Callaway, nor a decision I could regret. My only honest regret is joining here at all because it's the worst, most incompatible place possible for me.

I just want out, so I can draw a line under the whole horrible business, and I won't relax until I am out, and I will keep looking for that delete hack.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:38:13 AM by Mechanima »

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2011, 11:52:29 PM »

The one week wait is how it is done here. You have stated that you have no intention of changing anything to fit in here. If you won't bend for this site, why should this site deviate from its standards for you?

If pettiness, i.e. deleting posts, is how we relate than what is good for the goose is good for the gander. All you need to do is delete the remaining posts from your account and leave. I can't think of any reason odeon should take extraordinary measures to make you happy. Shake the dirt off your shoes and go elsewhere to pat yourself on the back.

Or I could work out how to hack the account delete myself...which is all I intend to do.

I have no reason to trust this site not to abuse my posts, as it already has to an extent, so it is only sensible for me to delete them while I have control to do so.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:54:14 PM by Mechanima »

P7PSP

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2011, 11:59:53 PM »
Threatening to hack the site if you don't get your way? I wasn't buying your argument that older = wiser the first time I read it. That ^^^ kind of juvenile fit of pique confirms my initial assessment. I am done in this thread. Enjoy the last word.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2011, 12:04:18 AM »
Threatening to hack the site if you don't get your way? I wasn't buying your argument that older = wiser the first time I read it. That ^^^ kind of juvenile fit of pique confirms my initial assessment. I am done in this thread. Enjoy the last word.

She really loves the last word too, otherwise she would have fucked off by now.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2011, 12:05:19 AM »

No, I am just trying to find a way to hack the disabled account delete button so I can delete my own account, now and have the whole nasty business over with and forgotten for good.

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2011, 12:07:10 AM »

She really loves the last word too, otherwise she would have fucked off by now.

...or I could have much more definately, and permanently "fucked off by now" if someone would delete the account.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2011, 12:17:21 AM »

No, I am just trying to find a way to hack the disabled account delete button so I can delete my own account, now and have the whole nasty business over with and forgotten for good.

It's not as easy as you make it sound, though.

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2011, 12:20:35 AM »
It's not as easy as you make it sound, though.

Sometimes it actually is as easy as a simple, disabled link...I'll just keep trying till I am out now.