Author Topic: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring  (Read 6236 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Mechanima, Step Into The Ring
« on: September 26, 2011, 08:43:42 AM »
You wrote this, among other things:

I am not going to call it inappropriate to state that as an opinion, especially given some of what we post here for kicks, but I would consider it better argumentation for you to put some links, 2 or 3 would do, empirically backing your claim.

Well I am not going to, because it is the only honest way *I* feel, and the only honest reason why *I* will always ignore Odeon...and it is irrevocable...and I am not going to make up some bullshit you would prefer instead, but I am not interested in persuading anyone else to share that feeling with me.

Apart from the fact that most of you have a very different perspective on life to me (which is a factor in why you have such a solid group, that I will never be part of, after all), and see things, and people, a very different way to me...doomed to failure or not...striving to "prove" that Odeon is a negative of some kind in the heart of his own community would be a tacky thing to do.

Or, to put in very small simple words, I know you would love to have a row about this, because that is *your* way, but I wouldn't because it isn't *mine* , so that's not going to be able to happen.

...and this is probably where I should take my leave for another year or so. When I realised you could see me logged in to pm I didn't want to act like you all weren't even worth saying "Hi" to...because that is not how I feel...but I am so incompatible with the group here (and most of the planet too) that even saying "Hi" is such a minefield...I'd probably better not do it again.

Sorry about that...and I mean really sorry...

I'm a "negative"? Back it up instead of insulting me among the people I consider to be my friends.

I don't mind people disliking me or what I do, but enough guts and honesty to tell me why wouldn't hurt. You post about me, several times, but instead of telling me or others why, you tell us that you are not like that but you just *know*. After which you leave, like the sensitive little flower you are. a few surprise insults, then up and away for another year. That is just so *brave*.

And to top it, you hint that since it's my board, proving my negativeness would be tacky.

Laughable is also how you imply that if only I were as old and experienced as you are, I would agree that I'm such a negative force:

Was that a reply to MLA or to me? In any case, I'd say that you were being sensitive. It'll be interesting to see if you've grown a thicker one since.

I sincerely hope I haven't...

I ignore you because your whole attitude to life is cruelly misguided and bound to do someone who doesn't deserve it some serious damage some day, and whether it is deliberate on your part or not, it genuinely turns my stomach, to look at that - and it always will.

If you don't like that, it's your board, you can ban me for it, any time you like, but what you cannot do is get me to pretend to change who I am, and how I think to suit you. If you were really smart you might even recognise that I am older than you, and I have seen and experienced a lot more of life, and I might just have a point worth thinking about.

Only reason I can see you at all is because the board format has changed and I haven't found the ignore button...not yet.

It's understood that unless I agree with your bullshit, I'm simply not that smart.

It might not be how you work but if you are to visit again, I expect you to back up your words. I know, it might take another year, but I will remind you when that time comes, ignore or no ignore.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
Re: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:17:41 AM »
I don't do "callouts" it's not my way (I have never even read any of them - they give me the creeps, I hate things like that) and I am not part of your community, nor do I ever seek to be, so I don't have to, do I?

That is non-negotiable, and there isn't much you can do about it.

(And I am only posting this here at all to teach anybody who actually opened a book with crippling odds based on the assumption that I would not reply at all a VERY serious lesson about making assumptions and taking bets on them ;) )

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 10:53:32 AM »
Now that you are here, don't you think you should back up your claims? If you know you are right, what can go wrong? Shouldn't you contribute to help the world get rid of the all those negative forces?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 10:55:34 AM »
Oh, and it tells me something about your character when you see it fit to post here for a bet but not to back up your words.

- Albert Einstein

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 10:58:28 AM »
Wait, she's older than Odeon? Aren't both of you in your 40s?

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »

How much is it worth to shut up before one of my boy toys hears you?

Take care of yourself Schleed...and if you ever need bailing out, it probably isn't worth asking me...

;)

Scrapheap

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 11:47:33 AM »
Wait, this isn't a Meadow sockpupet is it??

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 11:51:14 AM »

How much is it worth to shut up before one of my boy toys hears you?

Take care of yourself Schleed...and if you ever need bailing out, it probably isn't worth asking me...

;)

So if you're much older than him, that'd technically put you around 60.

Old biddy. :zoinks:

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 12:00:12 PM »
So if you're much older than him, that'd technically put you around 60.

Old biddy. :zoinks:

Shhhhhhhhhh...

WICKED BOY!!! :dominatrix:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 12:09:14 PM »
Still can't back up any of your bullshit?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 12:21:15 PM »
Still can't back up any of your bullshit?

Sooner or later, you will just have to accept that there is no way you will ever be able to beat, or bully me into pretending to give you a false sense of absolution...if you want it that badly you will have to make it up all by yourself...shouldn't be too hard with so many people making up false accusations (including "exposing" me as people I have never even heard of - what is WITH that?) and trying to lynch me elsewhere (total coincidence, of course that you would pick such a time  :angel: ) - all you have to do is piggyback on that, you don't need anything from me, so what is your problem? 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 12:37:57 PM »
My problem is that you go out of your way to insult you but cannot prove anything, link to anything, or otherwise back up the bullshit.

BTW, paranoid much? I've pointed out in the elder's forum that if it ever comes to a vote about you, I will vote no. You are too sensitive. You need a protected environment, one with mods that can protect you.

It takes more than a PM, Mechanima. You actually need to back up your shit instead of another decade of blaming others.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »
My problem is that you go out of your way to insult you but cannot prove anything, link to anything, or otherwise back up the bullshit.

BTW, paranoid much? I've pointed out in the elder's forum that if it ever comes to a vote about you, I will vote no. You are too sensitive. You need a protected environment, one with mods that can protect you.

It takes more than a PM, Mechanima. You actually need to back up your shit instead of another decade of blaming others.

Have you and the elder's forum had a discussion about how you are going to force me to want to be here, (or in ANY forum for that matter) yet?

(Take a look around, I don't "do" forums on social terms...only the impersonal political stuff, and there is no point in doing that here.)

Whatever you do, whatever you say, you are never going to be able to bully anyone into reacting to you the way you want them to...at best you can only force people to pretend...and I have no reason to...and nothing to gain by it.

...and as for evidence, for anyone with eyes to see, (or who gives enough of a damn to bother looking) you are just keeping that coming for me - why should I bother as well?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 03:17:52 PM »
As I've mentioned a couple of times now.... yet, here you are.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 03:39:47 PM »
As I've mentioned a couple of times now.... yet, here you are.

But as soon as you stop baiting me, or maybe even sooner, I will not be here, just the same way I am not usually here.