Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234063 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17070 on: January 12, 2022, 05:22:35 PM »
Slipped and fell at work now I'm sore and probably be even more so tomorrow
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #17071 on: January 12, 2022, 08:59:09 PM »
Can't sleep, kinda wish humanity didn't exist for a week or two.

My meds are late, so I'm rattling on top of that. Really bad anxiety, depression and mood swings kicking in. Even a simple plan of hanging out with friends on the weekend is sending my anxiety into overdrive.

Work is annoying me. I don't feel motivated to do anything but be angry towards people. Wish I had more money. House is a mess.

On top of that COVID doesn't seem to be fucking off any time soon and it's almost like people are conspiring to make it last as long as possible, through being uneducated, unvaccinated, unintelligent morons.

As much as I hate the film, it really does seem like we're in full swing of an idiocracy.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:00:48 PM by Dirty Big Yoke »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17072 on: January 12, 2022, 09:57:02 PM »
House is a mess.

A person's environment can definitely affect their mental state. When life feels out of control, I try to focus on the things I can control. The house is usually top of the list.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #17073 on: January 12, 2022, 10:11:13 PM »
House is a mess.

A person's environment can definitely affect their mental state. When life feels out of control, I try to focus on the things I can control. The house is usually top of the list.  :thumbup:

Aren't you a helpful chap  ::)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17074 on: January 12, 2022, 11:07:18 PM »
House is a mess.

I remember years ago you shared a photo of your place, so I'm guessing you usually keep things extremely minimal and neat. I know clutter exacerbates my anxiety. :dunno: I'd come over for a visit and pitch in if I could but I'm unable to actually be helpful.  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17075 on: January 14, 2022, 03:14:39 PM »
House is a mess.

Had to clean parts of the basement recently. Emphasis on "had to". I wouldn't have done it unless I absolutely had to. But the gopher is spot on. I felt infinitely better afterwards. Will I do it again? We'll see.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #17076 on: January 14, 2022, 04:14:10 PM »
It does help, it's just that I live with Emma  :LOL:

Guaranteed if I lived alone, the house will still look relatively clean, and end up just getting dusty over time. I always do things like reuse dishes/cups, generally don't wear a lot of clothes around house unless needed (meaning less time to build up clothes on the floor) and I generally put things back in the area I got them.

When Emma went to visit friends for a week, the most I had to do was hoover the carpets and some dusting. When she got back, it returned to the constant battle just to keep things looking half clean.

My meds came today, that has also helped. Withdrawal sucks.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 04:19:05 PM by Dirty Big Yoke »

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17077 on: January 14, 2022, 05:33:19 PM »
Damn it, Yoshi!!! Please come back into the house .___.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17078 on: January 14, 2022, 07:59:01 PM »
House is a mess.

Had to clean parts of the basement recently. Emphasis on "had to". I wouldn't have done it unless I absolutely had to. But the gopher is spot on. I felt infinitely better afterwards. Will I do it again? We'll see.

I was raised by minimalist, way before it was trendy.  :lol1: Weird level minimalism even by today's standards, so it's just what's naturally comfortable. I call Sugarbutt a hoarder but he's probably normal. I once read the average American home only uses about twenty percent of their belongings. That might not be so true in other countries because of the consumerism culture over here. I'm lucky he's very understanding about it because too much stuff seriously stresses me out, and it not only affects how I feel but also affects my relationships because of how I feel. I think the garage and attic are kind of embarrassing, but the rest of the house is fairly serene to me and I'd be comfortable with anyone walking in and seeing it at any time. Seems like a fair trade off, even though it sill means we don't use the majority of the things we own.  :dunno:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17079 on: January 14, 2022, 09:11:18 PM »
My mum is minimalist, whereas my stepdad keeps stuff. He even has his old skis in the garage. There's nowhere to ski in WA and I can't see him going over east any time soon. Mum wants him to get rid of them of course. He also has a bunch of tools and machine parts he'll never use again. I think mum will keep quiet about those because they haven't made their way into the house.

Kayleigh...omg. She has piles of things everywhere in her room. And that includes rubbish like old paperwork, medication foils, empty bottles, etc. There's piles of clothes everywhere in there and she asks me to do her washing but I've said I'm not washing clean clothes - she has dirty clothes mixed with clean ones. I have said I'll help her clean in there and sort things out but she keeps saying no.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17080 on: January 15, 2022, 06:58:11 AM »
My mum is minimalist, whereas my stepdad keeps stuff. He even has his old skis in the garage. There's nowhere to ski in WA and I can't see him going over east any time soon. Mum wants him to get rid of them of course. He also has a bunch of tools and machine parts he'll never use again. I think mum will keep quiet about those because they haven't made their way into the house.

Kayleigh...omg. She has piles of things everywhere in her room. And that includes rubbish like old paperwork, medication foils, empty bottles, etc. There's piles of clothes everywhere in there and she asks me to do her washing but I've said I'm not washing clean clothes - she has dirty clothes mixed with clean ones. I have said I'll help her clean in there and sort things out but she keeps saying no.

I don't know if I could live with a slob, maybe if they could tolerate someone constantly cleaning up after them. Things like snow gear is a good example of the type of stuff I don't care about as much, because I'm understanding that some people have trouble parting with objects which are tied to their identity, and a person who can no longer ski may still personally identify as a skier so it can feel to them like getting rid of a part of who they are. I think people who struggle with keeping too many things possibly may have to delve into the underlying psychology to overcome it or even realize the affects objects can have on them. Things like the negative subliminal messages unused items can send, subconscious to do lists, scarcity fears, fantasy self items, the endowment effect and guilty clutter. I can be accused of some of these things too. I probably keep too much nonperishable food and toilet paper in the house, and I have a few things stored because it would make me feel guilty to get rid of them.  :dunno:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17081 on: January 15, 2022, 02:53:54 PM »
I wish I could get over the stupid shit from the last 3 years... yet I can't

When I am gaslighted, and can't tell what's real or fake with those two dumbshits it's hard to get over!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17082 on: January 16, 2022, 04:16:03 AM »
Bah, masks again from tonight. It's going to be hot all this week so wearing a mask feels extra uncomfortable.

I hope no one is at work when I go in tomorrow, then I don't have to clean while feeling like I'm suffocating.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17083 on: January 18, 2022, 08:15:11 AM »
I had a major leak somewhere under my kitchen sink. Now my cabinets underneath have that flooded smell. Very reminiscent of the smell of the flood damage around town in March 2021. That smell was very distinct and unforgettable. It's like a sweet, but rank swampy smell.
I've fixed the leak...I think, and dried out the cabinets as best as I can. Kitchens these days are pricey so the smell better go away soon.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17084 on: January 18, 2022, 10:31:38 AM »
I had a major leak somewhere under my kitchen sink. Now my cabinets underneath have that flooded smell. Very reminiscent of the smell of the flood damage around town in March 2021. That smell was very distinct and unforgettable. It's like a sweet, but rank swampy smell.
I've fixed the leak...I think, and dried out the cabinets as best as I can. Kitchens these days are pricey so the smell better go away soon.

Maybe try cleaning the cabinets with a baking soda wash.  Not sure of the proportions, but leaving it on until it dries may help with the stink.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: