Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231763 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #7125 on: November 09, 2013, 03:54:53 AM »
I have a two-hour presentation this morning but I don't feel prepared at all.

Hope it went well, but then I saw your post that some quoted about not being able to express well.

:'(

I often stand up in front of a meeting because I have so much to say, then I  ... uhm, well ... I mean  ...  I just   Uhm ... have so damn much to offer to the discussion that I um .. I mean, well you know. I mean really you know, right, so I do not have to say it, right and you all get my meaning now, right?

... been there.  If it is not about what I LOVE and NEED to talk about, you might as well not expect me to do the talking.   :LOL:

The presentation did go well. My frustration was about this place. The maths discussion, specifically.

I like to present and do it well, most of the time. I seem to have the ability to entertain an audience. I can sometimes have doubts about that ability, especially afterwards--I'm prone to overanalysing my performance when thinking back--but people keep telling me that I do presentations well.

It's in the nature of the beast, I think.

I'm doing one again next week, at a conference in Stockholm.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7126 on: November 09, 2013, 06:44:45 AM »
I was using drugs that make me eat and never shit. How fucked up could that get!?!  :zombiefuck:
What were they?
I started benztropine along with my psych meds back in April and boy, the consequences of eating and not shitting were horrible. I thought I was going to have to take laxatives for a long time but thankfully after a few months, the problem went away. That was an experience I won't forget in a hurry.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7127 on: November 09, 2013, 11:05:18 PM »
It all has to go SOMEWHERE.

Makes me wonder...of late I have been insatiably hungry, and I'm on a combination of two antimuscarinic drugs, scopolamine as transdermal patches, although those are a very, very tiny dose, compared to the same orally. But I'm not sure as the latter could have the potential for central effects, as buscopan (hyoscine/scopolamine butylbromide) is in the form of a quaternary ammonium salt, and is thus charged and unable to pass the blood-brain barrier. But SOMETHING is making me hungry as fuck. Been raiding the cupboards for any traces of things I'd find acceptable and edible, even things I'd not normally bother with. Found myself waking up the other night, in order to eat an entire jar of marmalade from the fridge.

Definitely NOT usual form me.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7128 on: November 09, 2013, 11:37:07 PM »
I have a two-hour presentation this morning but I don't feel prepared at all.

Hope it went well, but then I saw your post that some quoted about not being able to express well.

:'(

I often stand up in front of a meeting because I have so much to say, then I  ... uhm, well ... I mean  ...  I just   Uhm ... have so damn much to offer to the discussion that I um .. I mean, well you know. I mean really you know, right, so I do not have to say it, right and you all get my meaning now, right?

... been there.  If it is not about what I LOVE and NEED to talk about, you might as well not expect me to do the talking.   :LOL:

The presentation did go well. My frustration was about this place. The maths discussion, specifically.

I like to present and do it well, most of the time. I seem to have the ability to entertain an audience. I can sometimes have doubts about that ability, especially afterwards--I'm prone to overanalysing my performance when thinking back--but people keep telling me that I do presentations well.

It's in the nature of the beast, I think.

I'm doing one again next week, at a conference in Stockholm.

GODSPEED, my friend. 

As I mentioned, if I am just forced to be charged up about generalities I often fail, but when it is MY OWN topic, I often do quite well, much like what you describe. 

Being coerced or even forced to "stand up and deliver" often leaves me with nothing to say, even using a specific set of notes. All the sudden nothing is as important as finishing the speech/diatribe.   

Glad it all came out OK.  Break a leg on the next one!!  The maths discussion is a "ballunacy" of hot air, ever rising to the troposphere and beyond. LOL
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:39:14 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7129 on: November 09, 2013, 11:45:18 PM »
I was using drugs that make me eat and never shit. How fucked up could that get!?!  :zombiefuck:
What were they?
I started benztropine along with my psych meds back in April and boy, the consequences of eating and not shitting were horrible. I thought I was going to have to take laxatives for a long time but thankfully after a few months, the problem went away. That was an experience I won't forget in a hurry.

I was taking four to six Percocets a day at first, then on to a lesser oxycodone, but still quite powerful.  Known to cause constipation, these types of opiates also stimulate ones appetite. That is what I meant. Eating everything in sight and NEVER able to SHIT!

It would be like holding a bowling ball that is too large for you and when get to the end of your swing, you can not get your thumb out of the ball, because it is STUCK!!. 
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7130 on: November 10, 2013, 12:54:22 AM »
Heh, I know what you mean there. oxycontin is a right bugger for that. Generally, I'll shoot 2 80s, and then end up heading straight for the nearest sweet, sugary food.

Lime marmalade with the shredded peel, straight from the jar is a favourite, or a big mouthful of runny honey.

Although it seems to have the opposite effect too, very salty food, I find pickled olives irresistible on oxy. And hot spicy stuff, although I love spicy food any time, anywhere, I've been known to drink tabasco sauce straight from the bottle whilst nodding.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:57:58 AM by Lestat »

TheoK

« Reply #7131 on: November 10, 2013, 04:15:25 AM »
What were they?

I was taking four to six Percocets a day at first, then on to a lesser oxycodone, but still quite powerful.  Known to cause constipation, these types of opiates also stimulate ones appetite. That is what I meant. Eating everything in sight and NEVER able to SHIT!

It would be like holding a bowling ball that is too large for you and when get to the end of your swing, you can not get your thumb out of the ball, because it is STUCK!!.

Ask your doc for papaverine. It will decrease the constipation.

You can send me some oxy for the good advice. I'm almost out of mine, and I don't have a prescription  ;)

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7132 on: November 10, 2013, 04:42:30 AM »
What good advice? papaverine is an antispasmodic and vasodilator, I find it most unlikely it would increase gastric motility per se.

And potentially dangerous advice at that, due to the long list of potential side effects.
And in any case, simple stool softeners based on macrogol, or other gel-forming polymers, etc., bulking agents are the safest for use as an adjunct to opioid use to prevent or treat constipation, they aren't habit forming (unlike the opioids themselves of course)

I find I don't even need to use it daily, but I get a macrogol-based softener called laxido, its a powder thats dissolved in water for oral use, meant to be orange flavoured, but I find it takes a teaspoon or so of citric acid and a little sugar to make it more acceptable. It isn't foul, its just, insipid, kinda, the hint of an orange taste is irritating when its just there in the background and barely perceptible. Few of those a week and all is well with the plumbing, at least, from an opioid-related point of view.

It works wonders when it comes to stopping the 'just gave birth to a porcupine stuffed full of bricks' shits.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7133 on: November 10, 2013, 05:01:05 AM »
Such an informative board, this. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Biggest Dick on the Board
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #7134 on: November 10, 2013, 05:51:28 AM »
@Lestat:

Also don't forget home remedies, like drinking coffee extract with lots of aspartame and smoking in excess.

Nothing really cures opioid constipation though. The problem has been known for more than a millennium.
t͕̬̱̣̻he̘̳͍̯͇ͥ̾ ͇̉̋ĥ̖ͣi̘͕̙v͉̆̉e̠͓̐̔ ͕͍̺̝̑͛ͪṃ̯̳͙͗́i̓͑͌̿ͥ̐n̯͉̥̘͚͎̹ͮ͑̏ͤd̙̗̫̓ ̟̝̼͌̉́͑rͦ̋͗̃̐͛e̪̅p͂r̯̙̙̿e̳̟͔͔̼͍̪̅ͪͬ̔͛́̚s̰͈̭̞̭̥̃̐ͤ̽ͤĕ͕̹̙͒͆͒̍n͈̠̣ͪ̇ͩ͆ͩͅṯ͍̟͕̮͆̑͛̐͛ị̭̟̮̍̆ͥ̂̈́̅n̯͙̯̝̗͑͐̓g̻̠͊̂́ͤ ̂̄̒͌ͮ̐́̄̈̿̈ͫp̦̜͇̝̈͌̈ͭ̐̌s̜̼̪̪͍̩y̑ͪ̏ĉ̤͉̆h̹̫͖̱͙͉͙ȍ͐̅t͚̝ị̺̳ͮͬͬ̀ͅc͖̭͖̣̱͂͊̆ ̰̤̞̬̠̳̇ć̻̱͙͎̘̲̰hȃ̩͔̿̎͂̂̚o̦̱̩ś̹̗̥̤̝ͅ,̫͚̥͎͚͇͓͗ͬͪ͆ ͥ̃̌̀̉̈́h̋̾͛͗e̜ ͚̥̞̫̠ͫͮ͛̿c̈o͈͖͋̔͂̀ͬm̠̩̣ͧe̮ͯͪs̳̞̘͇͎̳͉̈́̃͂ ̞̎ͯh̖͚́̈̑̓̋ë̟̻̼̩́ͧͩ̎͛ ̯̲̖͕̖̘͉c͕o̻̝̰͓̙ͯ͋̃̊̈́͂̏m̬̩̃e̯͆̆͒ͩs̲ ̜͔̭͎s̼̟̰͉͈̅̒͂̎̿ͤo͈͖͋̔͂̀ͬo͈͖͋̔͂̀ͬn͈̠̣ͪ̇ͩ͆ͩͅ

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7135 on: November 10, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »
Not true...

Methylnaltrexone underwent phase III trials in IIRC 2005, and was approved either 2008/2008 in the US,  its a quaternary ammonium derivative of naltrexone, the opioid antagonist, which cannot cross the blood-brain barrier and thus is incapable of causing withdrawals.

That said, in an already dependent user, it would have to be managed most carefully to avoid peripheral....unpleasantness of a rather spectacular nature.

Naltrexone itself on the other hand is capable of putting someone in hospital, the precipitated withdrawal can be that severe. Although it does have potential use in opioid users in tiny doses.

I'm currently trying to persuade my doc to let me trial it actually, although it will require normally dosed tablets and a serial dilution in water, or other suitable solvent, pretty trivial to do without issue. I don't think there is any currently marketed microdose formulation, although there are combined morphine/ultra low dose NTX and similar with oxycodone available.

The idea being to both inhibit existing tolerance, and retard development of further tolerance.

Based on some of my research it seems that the mechanism of action is possibly through targeting some rather interesting splice variants of the mu-opioid receptor, and also through blocking the activation of a subpopulation of Mu-ORs that are excitatory and pro-hyperalgesic in nature rather than inhibitory, as per classical opioid effects. Presumably this subpopulation binds NTLX with far higher affinity than it does towards the intended target.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7136 on: November 10, 2013, 06:00:24 PM »

All that shit is available if one reads the drug warnings, presented with each prescription.

What I am treating my constipation with is more fiber, fresh vegetables and fruit along with trying to increase my water intake.  I prefer not to complicate one drug with another.  I NEED the pain meds, but adding more drugs to help me shit seems wrong.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #7137 on: November 10, 2013, 06:33:27 PM »

All that shit is available if one reads the drug warnings, presented with each prescription.

What I am treating my constipation with is more fiber, fresh vegetables and fruit along with trying to increase my water intake.  I prefer not to complicate one drug with another.  I NEED the pain meds, but adding more drugs to help me shit seems wrong.

We are the Aspie FDA. :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7138 on: November 10, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »
Thats the great thing about the macrogol type stool softeners, its just an inert polymeric bulking agent, that fulfils a similar purpose to a high fiber intake (not a substitute for a good diet, but its not really a drug as such, just bulking agent, like ispaghula husk, along with a portion per dose of a balanced spectrum of electrolytes)

I do sympathize a lot though in particular with your chronic pain. What did you do? I'm getting really fed up of my knee and hip. Bursitis of the hip is no fun at all, without the oxy, and often supplementary OTC opioids (as codeine/opium/morphine based cough mixtures), it makes every single step taken feel as though some dirty great brute is using a sack full of hot bricks to drive nails into my hip and lower spine. I've had burns from molten metals spilled onto my skin that hurt less, even when I scarred the everloving bejeezis out of one of my hands due to a mishap involving perchloric acid, the deep second degree burns hurt much less. Which is saying something.

And the leg cramps...fuck...ow. Even slamming a bit short of a gram of oxy at a time sometimes, it doesn't cover it up, and I have to take a muscle relaxer (tizanidine, best one I've ever found) with it.

Ahem..that will be autie FDA to you matey  :autism:
And without the corruption that is entrenched in the FDA. FDA can lick my nackers (for a financial consideration)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7139 on: November 11, 2013, 01:06:44 AM »

We are the Aspie FDA. :P
Thank you!  Glad I could be here tonight!!  I love This PLACE.

:takes a rockstar bow:

We love this Place!!!!

... uhm,  wot?