Educational

Author Topic: Charley Patton / Delta_Blues: Question time.  (Read 2428 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Charley Patton / Delta_Blues: Question time.
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
I am sad  :green: I created my own *ask away* thread.........anyway thankfully it died quickly.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 08:40:13 PM »
In my opinion, my post wasn't petty. I disagree with you, and I have a reason to disagree with you.

A very petty reason.

It puts pressure on members to reply to questions. Other members could see not answering questions as evasion. Backing yourself up is very important here.
h
Not really , tbh I think you're insulting peoples ability to prioritise here , if someone feels pressured to respond to a thread on a forum , they have their priorities very mixed up.

Your action also trivializes other members' abilities to act for themselves. If any member here wants an "Ask Away" thread, he/she can make one. It is the member who should open the door to

This forum is for members who are willing to have their own "Ask Away" threads. delta_blues hasn't indicated that willingness; neither have I.

Yet again... looking too much into it.  ::)

You are acting for other members when they could clearly act for themselves. You are substituting your preferences for theirs where their personal lives are involved. You are behaving similarly to those who act for autistics because they don't believe that we can act for ourselves. If either delta_blues or I had wanted "Ask Away" threads, we could have made them ourselves.

:LMAO:

Christ are you sensitive.

If you were the only member arguing against homophobia, would it be less worthy because you stand alone? Isn't one good argument enough? Why should another member have to post, "I agree", before you believe that a particular argument is good?

Not really , but you have taken a literal interpretation of what I meant.
In order for something to be overuled you DO need a majority.

I have to disagree with the part I bolded above.  I didn't answer a question Soph asked me about my opinion about GA and Soph made a callout over it.  I have to say, I felt pressured to respond to the thread even though I would have preferred not to answer.

Ok fair enough , but was that not more about Soph's methods?
Soph asked you the question repeatedly I believe in that thread and Binty's "Views on Transpeople"

Also have you felt pressured to respond to all questions in your ask away thread / have a problem with it being started by another member?

I don't always answer all personal questions asked in my Questions for Callaway thread, although, depending on the question, I might answer the question in PM to the person who asked it.  That thread, which was started by Triste to ask me a technical question, is not an ask away thread.  BTW, I don't want an ask away thread started for me because I don't want to answer a lot of personal questions.   

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2011, 09:03:53 PM »
I don't always answer all personal questions asked in my Questions for Callaway thread, although, depending on the question, I might answer the question in PM to the person who asked it.  That thread, which was started by Triste to ask me a technical question, is not an ask away thread.  BTW, I don't want an ask away thread started for me because I don't want to answer a lot of personal questions.   

You don't answer them , so you don't feel pressured *usually* I'm guessing?
And ok I'll take note of your request about Ask away threads.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 01:34:09 AM »
Personally, most 'ask away' threads can be futile, as you find out more shit in the 'hello....' threads and around the board anyway. Case in point - Scrap made up one about me in late '09, and I never even knew it existed until about 10 months later. And I would've ignored it if I hadn't tripped over it by accident.

But, I guess some people see value in them.

And on this thread. Buttcoffee never did reply, did he.....