Educational

Author Topic: Charley Patton / Delta_Blues: Question time.  (Read 2455 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Charley Patton / Delta_Blues: Question time.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 07:26:18 PM »
Why is any comment posted here? I do not measure whether any particular comment is "needed". If I decide to comment, I do so. Do you only post when you feel that your post is needed?

Well I think you should measure to see if you post is aiming at some petty little point or not.

In my opinion, my post wasn't petty. I disagree with you, and I have a reason to disagree with you.

You dismissed my argument without posting an argument of your own. Is my analysis wrong?

Yep , last time I checked ask away threads weren't to be taken as seriously as you thought , also I don't recall there being a rule stating that members HAD to reply to their ask away thread.

It puts pressure on members to reply to questions. Other members could see not answering questions as evasion. Backing yourself up is very important here.

I disagree with making an "Ask Away" thread for a member who hasn't asked for it.
I agree with this because they can always just ignore it. And I am not surprised that Semicolon has said this. :P

It's not very :viking: to run away when the spotlight is on you IMO.

Your action also trivializes other members' abilities to act for themselves. If any member here wants an "Ask Away" thread, he/she can make one. It is the member who should open the door to questions about himself/herself. The forum description for "Ask Away" is:

Quote from: Forum Description
For the members willing to have their own ask anything threads, this is what we offer, so feel free to ask away! Ask anything you want answered.

This forum is for members who are willing to have their own "Ask Away" threads. delta_blues hasn't indicated that willingness; neither have I.

You are acting for other members when they could clearly act for themselves. You are substituting your preferences for theirs where their personal lives are involved. You are behaving similarly to those who act for autistics because they don't believe that we can act for ourselves. If either delta_blues or I had wanted "Ask Away" threads, we could have made them ourselves.

Would you have cared if you had that evidence? Immediately after I posted that I disagreed with your decision to make this thread, you made an "Ask Away" thread for me. Obviously, my preference didn't matter to you.

If Delta_Blues was firmly opposed to an ask away thread , then yes I wouldn't have made one.
I made one for you because of your pompous attitude.

The only thing I posted before you made that thread was a statement that I disagreed with you. You have different ethical standards depending on whether or not you like someone.

I have complained. Are multiple posters needed for an argument to be correct?

No but are multiple posters needed for something to be seen as a worthwhile thing to put an end to? yes.

If you were the only member arguing against homophobia, would it be less worthy because you stand alone? Isn't one good argument enough? Why should another member have to post, "I agree", before you believe that a particular argument is good?

watch out, semicolon will justify his importance by letting us know how many posts he has and how long he has / has not been a member here.

I have no need to justify my importance. You should consider my argument for what it is. Whether it comes from an established member or someone who just joined is irrelevant.
your argument is only your opinion...and as you see it is of no importance to some. Especially to the person you are attacking.
What you are asking for is a decision, on the merit of such threads. That has to be decided by more than just your opinion.

IMO.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:29:50 PM by skyblue1 »

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 07:28:02 PM »
does the original reason for all of this even matter ? He posted 2 times today, and hardly anything flaming. Before that he posted only a few times a day. No matter who he is, he really isn't doing anything wrong.
Delta_Blues is OK by me....I do like the name

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 07:31:39 PM »
In my opinion, my post wasn't petty. I disagree with you, and I have a reason to disagree with you.

A very petty reason.

It puts pressure on members to reply to questions. Other members could see not answering questions as evasion. Backing yourself up is very important here.

Not really , tbh I think you're insulting peoples ability to prioritise here , if someone feels pressured to respond to a thread on a forum , they have their priorities very mixed up.

Your action also trivializes other members' abilities to act for themselves. If any member here wants an "Ask Away" thread, he/she can make one. It is the member who should open the door to

This forum is for members who are willing to have their own "Ask Away" threads. delta_blues hasn't indicated that willingness; neither have I.

Yet again... looking too much into it.  ::)

You are acting for other members when they could clearly act for themselves. You are substituting your preferences for theirs where their personal lives are involved. You are behaving similarly to those who act for autistics because they don't believe that we can act for ourselves. If either delta_blues or I had wanted "Ask Away" threads, we could have made them ourselves.

:LMAO:

Christ are you sensitive.

If you were the only member arguing against homophobia, would it be less worthy because you stand alone? Isn't one good argument enough? Why should another member have to post, "I agree", before you believe that a particular argument is good?

Not really , but you have taken a literal interpretation of what I meant.
In order for something to be overuled you DO need a majority.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

eris

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 07:31:56 PM »
I do think if he is buttcoffee or chair, the chances that he "might" or , I should say "will", do something is a reason to keep the Admins on guard. But until then maybe this is all jumping the gun. And I dont mean this thread, I mean this whole mess.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 07:33:40 PM »
I do think if he is buttcoffee or chair, the chances that he "might" or , I should say "will", do something is a reason to keep the Admins on guard. But until then maybe this is all jumping the gun. And I dont mean this thread, I mean this whole mess.

:agreed:

I did just start this thread as well , nothing too serious but yet again Semi felt the need to chastise other members, for not following *his* way of thinking.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

eris

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 07:35:49 PM »
and, and to add : I have jabbed at him, mostly because I think he is a tool. So it is not teasing him I have an issue with - he does seem to have a target on his forehead, it is just in assuming of what he might do that I do not really agree with.

Osensitive1

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 07:36:03 PM »
What you are asking for is a decision, on the merit of such threads.
Haven't seen asking for a decision, only stating an opinion which got blown into some don't know what. Obviously ask away threads are started here by other members, though usually for/by people who like each other. Not sure if there's ever behind the scene pms about it first though.

eris

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 07:36:47 PM »

I did just start this thread as well , nothing too serious but yet again Semi felt the need to chastise other members, for not following *his* way of thinking.

yes, I know :) I am enjoying  with my popcorn, well amused.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 07:40:52 PM »
your argument is only your opinion...and as you see it is of no importance to some. Especially to the person you are attacking.
What you are asking for is a desicion, on the merit of such threads. That has to be decided by more than just your opinion.

IMO.

Whether or not my opinion is important to select members is irrelevant. It is important to me. Squiddy's apathy is not a valid argument against my position.

I am not asking for a decision, although any member is obviously free to make one. I am saying that I disagree with Squiddy's decision to make this thread.

I believe that I have backed up my position with solid reasoning. Much of my argument is falsifiable. It could be the case that creating an "Ask Away" thread doesn't pressure members to answer unwanted questions; it could be the case that Squiddy isn't acting for others when he create an "Ask Away" thread for another member. That just isn't the case.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 07:49:37 PM »
What you are asking for is a desicion, on the merit of such threads. That has to be decided by more than just your opinion.

IMO.

Whether or not my opinion is important to select members is irrelevant. It is important to me. Squiddy's apathy is not a valid argument against my position.

I am not asking for a decision, although any member is obviously free to make one. I am saying that I disagree with Squiddy's decision to make this thread.

I believe that I have backed up my position with solid reasoning. Much of my argument is falsifiable. It could be the case that creating an "Ask Away" thread doesn't pressure members to answer unwanted questions; it could be the case that Squiddy isn't acting for others when he create an "Ask Away" thread for another member. That just isn't the case.
Yes how others feel is definitely not important to you. That is why without thinking of others feelings you would create a thread to embarrass a former mod of another forum, here on this forum. Spread and create gossip.

Again only to make a case for your own importance.

See.....you do, the same kind of shit that you are bitching about. Another pattern I have noticed about you.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »

yes, I know :) I am enjoying  with my popcorn, well amused.

:laugh:

Tbh I may just give up in a sec , getting the last word isn't so important to me anymore , I'm getting too old for it  :P

IMO.

Yes how others feel is definitely not important to you. That is why without thinking of others feelings you would create a thread to embarrass a former mod of another forum, here on this forum. Spread and create gossip.

Again only to make a case for your own importance.

See.....you do, the same kind of shit that you are bitching about. Another pattern I have noticed about you.

Ooh now that IS a good point Skyblue.  :plus:

Semi , as Skyblue stated , you created a FAR more slanderous thread than I , and yet you complain about my actions.. how do you defend your apparent hypocrisy?

Osensitive1

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 07:53:23 PM »
Boris should come back. He seemed alright.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 07:55:08 PM »
Boris should come back. He seemed alright.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »

A very petty reason.

Not really , tbh I think you're insulting peoples ability to prioritise here , if someone feels pressured to respond to a thread on a forum , they have their priorities very mixed up.

Your action also trivializes other members' abilities to act for themselves. If any member here wants an "Ask Away" thread, he/she can make one. It is the member who should open the door to

I have to disagree with the part I bolded above.  I didn't answer a question Soph asked me about my opinion about GA and Soph made a callout over it.  I have to say, I felt pressured to respond to the thread even though I would have preferred not to answer.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 08:01:43 PM »

A very petty reason.

I have to disagree with the part I bolded above.  I didn't answer a question Soph asked me about my opinion about GA and Soph made a callout over it.  I have to say, I felt pressured to respond to the thread even though I would have preferred not to answer.

Ok fair enough , but was that not more about Soph's methods?
Soph asked you the question repeatedly I believe in that thread and Binty's "Views on Transpeople"

Also have you felt pressured to respond to all questions in your ask away thread / have a problem with it being started by another member?