Author Topic: Charley Patton / Delta_Blues: Question time.  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: Charley Patton / Delta_Blues: Question time.
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 05:28:31 AM »
I disagree with making an "Ask Away" thread for a member who hasn't asked for it.
I agree with this because they can always just ignore it. And I am not surprised that Semicolon has said this. :P

You've made one for me, and one for Sir_Les Ren.  :laugh:
Couldn't see that Semi ever made a thread for someone else.

Looks like a lot of ask away threads have been started by someone else than the questioned person.
I did too. I must eat my words. I am glad those threads were not ignored anyway.

When I joined, so many ask away threads had been started by someone else that I thought it was the way this place worked.  :nerdy:

I don't see the big problem tbh.  :dunno:
I mean , DB didn't actively say "I don't want an ask away thread" , it just strikes me as Semi acting self-important again.

How is it self-important for me to write one sentence about a decision of yours that I disagree with?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 05:34:33 AM »
I disagree with making an "Ask Away" thread for a member who hasn't asked for it.
I agree with this because they can always just ignore it. And I am not surprised that Semicolon has said this. :P

You've made one for me, and one for Sir_Les Ren.  :laugh:

Looks like a lot of ask away threads have been started by someone else than the questioned person.
I did too. I must eat my words. I am glad those threads were not ignored anyway.

When I joined, so many ask away threads had been started by someone else that I thought it was the way this place worked.  :nerdy:

I don't see the big problem tbh.  :dunno:
I mean , DB didn't actively say "I don't want an ask away thread" , it just strikes me as Semi acting self-important again.

How is it self-important for me to write one sentence about a decision of yours that I disagree with?

Do you not think that comes off as pompous?

What was the need to put this here?
What reason do you dislike it for?
Do you have sufficient evidence to prove DB didn't want an Ask away thread?
Is this a new phenomenon or is the Ask Away section full of Ask Away threads started by others?
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 10:33:15 AM »
May I suggest we return to the subject of this thread?

Do you prefer to masturbate on the top or on the bottom?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Osensitive1

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 05:13:45 PM »
Pompous vs presumptuous. Didn't know it had to be stated in advance. Won't ever want a nosey question thread.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »

You've made one for me, and one for Sir_Les Ren.  :laugh:

When I joined, so many ask away threads had been started by someone else that I thought it was the way this place worked.  :nerdy:

I don't see the big problem tbh.  :dunno:

No. Please explain why you think that my statement is pompous.

Where else would I put it?

It's rude. It invites prying into a member's personal life. It patronizes members by implying that they cannot act for themselves.

If delta_blues had wanted an "Ask Away" thread, he could have made one. Do you have evidence that delta_blues wanted an "Ask Away" thread?

Is this a new phenomenon or is the Ask Away section full of Ask Away threads started by others?

The fact that a lot of people do something wrong doesn't make their actions less wrong. If a lot of people murder other people and you murder someone, your action is still wrong. Obviously, murder and creating an unwanted thread are not equivalent; it's just an illustration.

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »

You've made one for me, and one for Sir_Les Ren.  :laugh:

When I joined, so many ask away threads had been started by someone else that I thought it was the way this place worked.  :nerdy:

I don't see the big problem tbh.  :dunno:

It's rude. It invites prying into a member's personal life. It patronizes members by implying that they cannot act for themselves.

If delta_blues had wanted an "Ask Away" thread, he could have made one. Do you have evidence that delta_blues wanted an "Ask Away" thread?

The fact that a lot of people do something wrong doesn't make their actions less wrong. If a lot of people murder other people and you murder someone, your action is still wrong. Obviously, murder and creating an unwanted thread are not equivalent; it's just an illustration.
Meh..its no worse than some of the bullshit you come up with semicolon. such as posting shit about AFF and AFF members here.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 05:44:28 PM »
Ahhh, semi is quick on the remove post button.

to answer your question anyway:

no argument is needed
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:47:07 PM by skyblue1 »

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »

The way you put it across came across in a very pompous manner.

Irrelevant , what was the need to put it?

You're looking too much into it , stop being so sensitive.

No but neither do I have evidence he'd be mortally offended if I did make one.

Read above , nothing about it being unwanted.
Just you using another topic to self-inflate your own sense of importance.

No one has complained about it thus far , so I suggest you stop over-reacting , thanks.  :)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 05:57:44 PM »

No one has complained about it thus far , so I suggest you stop over-reacting , thanks.  :)
Hello. I am Semicolon. I am a regular on Aspies For Freedom. It was mentioned to me in discussion that this place was a complete cesspool, with open, vicious arguments, minimal moderation and frequent debates. Therefore, I decided to come over and give it a try. I do not feel like typing a long message, so if you would like more of an introduction, ask me a question. In any case, I am sure my reputation has preceded me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

^^ no more pompous than his first post here

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »

Hello. I am Semicolon. I am a regular on Aspies For Freedom. It was mentioned to me in discussion that this place was a complete cesspool, with open, vicious arguments, minimal moderation and frequent debates. Therefore, I decided to come over and give it a try. I do not feel like typing a long message, so if you would like more of an introduction, ask me a question. In any case, I am sure my reputation has preceded me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

^^ no more pompous than his first post here
thats actually when I first became suspicious.....it is so, something a certain person would say

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 06:09:02 PM »

Why is any comment posted here? I do not measure whether any particular comment is "needed". If I decide to comment, I do so. Do you only post when you feel that your post is needed?

You dismissed my argument without posting an argument of your own. Is my analysis wrong?

Would you have cared if you had that evidence? Immediately after I posted that I disagreed with your decision to make this thread, you made an "Ask Away" thread for me. Obviously, my preference didn't matter to you.

I have complained. Are multiple posters needed for an argument to be correct?

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 06:33:28 PM »
Why is any comment posted here? I do not measure whether any particular comment is "needed". If I decide to comment, I do so. Do you only post when you feel that your post is needed?

Well I think you should measure to see if you post is aiming at some petty little point or not.

You dismissed my argument without posting an argument of your own. Is my analysis wrong?

Yep , last time I checked ask away threads weren't to be taken as seriously as you thought , also I don't recall there being a rule stating that members HAD to reply to their ask away thread.

Would you have cared if you had that evidence? Immediately after I posted that I disagreed with your decision to make this thread, you made an "Ask Away" thread for me. Obviously, my preference didn't matter to you.

If Delta_Blues was firmly opposed to an ask away thread , then yes I wouldn't have made one.
I made one for you because of your pompous attitude.

No but are multiple posters needed for something to be seen as a worthwhile thing to put an end to? yes.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 06:46:40 PM »

Well I think you should measure to see if you post is aiming at some petty little point or not.

Yep , last time I checked ask away threads weren't to be taken as seriously as you thought , also I don't recall there being a rule stating that members HAD to reply to their ask away thread.

If Delta_Blues was firmly opposed to an ask away thread , then yes I wouldn't have made one.

No but are multiple posters needed for something to be seen as a worthwhile thing to put an end to? yes.
watch out, semicolon will justify his importance by letting us know how many posts he has and how long he has / has not been a member here.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 07:10:12 PM »

In my opinion, my post wasn't petty. I disagree with you, and I have a reason to disagree with you.

It puts pressure on members to reply to questions. Other members could see not answering questions as evasion. Backing yourself up is very important here.

It's not very :viking: to run away when the spotlight is on you IMO.

Your action also trivializes other members' abilities to act for themselves. If any member here wants an "Ask Away" thread, he/she can make one. It is the member who should open the door to questions about himself/herself. The forum description for "Ask Away" is:

Quote from: Forum Description
For the members willing to have their own ask anything threads, this is what we offer, so feel free to ask away! Ask anything you want answered.

This forum is for members who are willing to have their own "Ask Away" threads. delta_blues hasn't indicated that willingness; neither have I.

You are acting for other members when they could clearly act for themselves. You are substituting your preferences for theirs where their personal lives are involved. You are behaving similarly to those who act for autistics because they don't believe that we can act for ourselves. If either delta_blues or I had wanted "Ask Away" threads, we could have made them ourselves.

The only thing I posted before you made that thread was a statement that I disagreed with you. You have different ethical standards depending on whether or not you like someone.

If you were the only member arguing against homophobia, would it be less worthy because you stand alone? Isn't one good argument enough? Why should another member have to post, "I agree", before you believe that a particular argument is good?

watch out, semicolon will justify his importance by letting us know how many posts he has and how long he has / has not been a member here.

I have no need to justify my importance. You should consider my argument for what it is. Whether it comes from an established member or someone who just joined is irrelevant.

eris

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 07:12:17 PM »
does the original reason for all of this even matter ? He posted 2 times today, and hardly anything flaming. Before that he posted only a few times a day. No matter who he is, he really isn't doing anything wrong.