Educational

Author Topic: Butterflies and Osensitive1  (Read 4231 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Butterflies and Osensitive1
« on: October 08, 2010, 05:37:22 PM »
Sigh. Should have just kept my mouth shut, but here's some that stand out. If you want me to look for more I'll do it tomorrow.  I've had myself removed myself from the Elder's section, so can't quote your intentions on entering this thread. With duke, he started it, have to give you that one.

I find it almost imposible to be nasty to people who haven't been nasty to me.

I don't really think that's a nice attitude. If someone is feeling dispair, then the last thing I'd want to do is add to their dispair. People commit suicide for many reasons and although I might not agree with their decision, I realize that they must have felt very unhappy to have made that choice. I am a very happy person in general, but I can't help feeling bad for people who are unhappy. Also, remember that depression is an illness that effects a lot of people, and I can't imagine the hopelessness that some of these people must feel.

I wouldn't say I've got any particular set of values. I make an effort to be nice to everybody and help anybody that I can. I dislike ignorance and thoughtlessness.

I think I'm a decent person, although others have said that I show a complete lack of morality. I have to admit that I have made some pretty immoral decisions in my business. I don't really feel bad about those decisions because I felt at the time they were in my best interests. I don't feel good about them either.

:2thumbsup:  I do have one or two bad bones in my body, and I'm capable of being a nasty bitch. I just end up feeling crap about myself when I let that part of my personality come to the surface. FA hasn't been nasty to me recently so I couldn't bring myself to be cruel to him. I also could never kick somebody when they're down.

You're  >:D. I feel pretty bad if I think I've said something that's upset someone. If they died because of something I said I'd feel terrible.

I don't mind teasing him. I just can't bring myself to be really nasty to him though, unless he becomes nasty to me. I suppose in a way he's like an ugly, retarded puppy who hasn't learned house rules. He might bug you, but you wouldn't feel good about just kicking him really hard for no reason.

It was easy to be really bitchy to him at the beginning when he wsa trying to say nasty stuff to me. He's not doing that anymore so I'm finding it a lot harder to be bitchy towards him. It's not that it wouldn't be fun. I feel slightly cruel doing it, and I'm far to nice a person :green: :angel:

That's not being bad. It's being offensive for no reason. You should really try and be nicer to people :angel:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Butterflies and Osensitive1
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 05:46:53 PM »
I wouldn't say I've got any particular set of values. I make an effort to be nice to everybody and help anybody that I can. I dislike ignorance and thoughtlessness.

I think I'm a decent person, although others have said that I show a complete lack of morality. I have to admit that I have made some pretty immoral decisions in my business. I don't really feel bad about those decisions because I felt at the time they were in my best interests. I don't feel good about them either.

That certainly doesn't paint me as a wonderful person. In fact, quite the opposite. I was admitting to being immoral in business.

I don't mind teasing him. I just can't bring myself to be really nasty to him though, unless he becomes nasty to me. I suppose in a way he's like an ugly, retarded puppy who hasn't learned house rules. He might bug you, but you wouldn't feel good about just kicking him really hard for no reason.

I was being a bit nasty about him

It was easy to be really bitchy to him at the beginning when he wsa trying to say nasty stuff to me. He's not doing that anymore so I'm finding it a lot harder to be bitchy towards him. It's not that it wouldn't be fun. I feel slightly cruel doing it, and I'm far to nice a person Cheesy Green angel

Not sure what that proves. The bit about me being too nice was clearly sarcasm ???

You're  Evil. I feel pretty bad if I think I've said something that's upset someone. If they died because of something I said I'd feel terrible.

I waas only saying that I'd feel bad if I drove somebody to suicide. It hardly makes me Mother Theresa ???

I do have one or two bad bones in my body, and I'm capable of being a nasty bitch. I just end up feeling crap about myself when I let that part of my personality come to the surface. FA hasn't been nasty to me recently so I couldn't bring myself to be cruel to him. I also could never kick somebody when they're down.

I was admitting that I'm not perfect. Schleed suggested otherwise. I don't tend to kick people when they're down. I don't believe Meadow's down. I think she's a troll.

All in all, some of my posts suggest I'm a decent person. I believe I am a decent person. I am not a wonderful person and I still see nothing in my posts to suggest that I've ever attempted to convince anyone that I am wonderful.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 05:48:30 PM »
I find it almost imposible to be nasty to people who haven't been nasty to me.

I do find it hard. But not impossible.

Osensitive1

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »
Perhaps I misunderstood. Statements like,  make an effort to be nice to everyone, wouldn't want to kick hard for no reason, feel bad if something said upsets someone, seems to paint a light of a decent person. Decent ,nice. I'm not sure I know the difference. Granted, a lot of this looked like back peddling after your fight with Duke, as most of it was posted soon after; but was willing to give the benefit of doubt since you did seem regretful and painted youself as the type who wouldn't be hurtful unless provoked. Were you just jumping on the Meadow beating bandwagon? Never understood the bandwagon but know it happens.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 06:15:55 PM »
Perhaps I misunderstood. Statements like,  make an effort to be nice to everyone, wouldn't want to kick hard for no reason, feel bad if something said upsets someone, seems to paint a light of a decent person. Decent ,nice. I'm not sure I know the difference. Granted, a lot of this looked like back peddling after your fight with Duke, as most of it was posted soon after; but was willing to give the benefit of doubt since you did seem regretful and painted youself as the type who wouldn't be hurtful unless provoked. Were you just jumping on the Meadow beating bandwagon? Never understood the bandwagon but know it happens.

I'm not looking for you to give me the benefit of the doubt about me being a nice person. I think I'm a decent person, with good sides and bad sides. Truth is I did feel slightly bad about one or two of the things I said to Mudkipz, although I do think he provoked me. Up until today I'm pretty sure I had never made a bitchy comment towards you. You had made one at me. But none of that's really relevent here. I don't care what you think of me. I don't care if you think I'm a nasty bitch, and I don't care if you think I'm a saint.
I have a problem with you saying that I've being making posts claiming to be a wonderful person. If you had made your post saying that I made posts claiming I was a decent person, then perhaps I would have given you the benefit of the doubt and left it alone. I don't think any of the posts that you've quoted sound like me painting a picture of myself as a wonderful person. Decent, perhaps, but certainly not wonderful. And at least one of them is me painting myself in a rather unflattering immoral light. Also I could just as easily pul out plenty of quotes where I paint myself in a less than wonderful light.
Your choice of wording with regard to "wonderful" was wrong and inappropriate and that is why I found what you had to say offensive. You were wrong and I think slightly out of order.

richard

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 06:16:21 PM »
personally i like both you girls. meadow is hardly worth getting into a fight about each other

that sorry piece of shit doesnt need to make anyone else miserable

Osensitive1

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »
Perhaps I misunderstood. Statements like,  make an effort to be nice to everyone, wouldn't want to kick hard for no reason, feel bad if something said upsets someone, seems to paint a light of a decent person. Decent ,nice. I'm not sure I know the difference. Granted, a lot of this looked like back peddling after your fight with Duke, as most of it was posted soon after; but was willing to give the benefit of doubt since you did seem regretful and painted youself as the type who wouldn't be hurtful unless provoked. Were you just jumping on the Meadow beating bandwagon? Never understood the bandwagon but know it happens.

I'm not looking for you to give me the benefit of the doubt about me being a nice person. I think I'm a decent person, with good sides and bad sides. Truth is I did feel slightly bad about one or two of the things I said to Mudkipz, although I do think he provoked me. Up until today I'm pretty sure I had never made a bitchy comment towards you. You had made one at me. But none of that's really relevent here. I don't care what you think of me. I don't care if you think I'm a nasty bitch, and I don't care if you think I'm a saint.
I have a problem with you saying that I've being making posts claiming to be a wonderful person. If you had made your post saying that I made posts claiming I was a decent person, then perhaps I would have given you the benefit of the doubt and left it alone. I don't think any of the posts that you've quoted sound like me painting a picture of myself as a wonderful person. Decent, perhaps, but certainly not wonderful. And at least one of them is me painting myself in a rather unflattering immoral light. Also I could just as easily pul out plenty of quotes where I paint myself in a less than wonderful light.
Your choice of wording with regard to "wonderful" was wrong and inappropriate and that is why I found what you had to say offensive. You were wrong and I think slightly out of order.
Don't really recall being bitchy with you, but if my use of the word wonderful over decent was offensive to you, I can see how that might be. If you don't care what I think then why call me out. You asked for the posts I was talking about and I gave them to you. What is the point of this? Are you trying to convince me I misunderstood your posts and you're not a decent person, or are you looking for me to apologize for the use of the word wonderful?

Osensitive1

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »
You were wrong and I think slightly out of order.
That's rich.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 06:39:54 PM »
Don't really recall being bitchy with you, but if my use of the word wonderful over decent was offensive to you, I can see how that might be. If you don't care what I think then why call me out. You asked for the posts I was talking about and I gave them to you. What is the point of this? Are you trying to convince me I misunderstood your posts and you're not a decent person, or are you looking for me to apologize for the use of the word wonderful?

I don't care what you think of me. I do care that in a order to make your point you decided to use the term "glowing posts about yourself and what a wonderful person you are." There are plenty of people who obviously aren't going to read my old posts and don't remember what I said, and are therefore going to believe you when you when you said that. There is a huge difference in saying what you said, and the truth, which is that some of my posts paint me as a decent, possibly even good person and some paint me as a bitch. Your choice of wording was inappropriate to say the least. If you're a smart person then I'm sure you can already see this.

And for the record, the bitchy coment I was refering to was this

Indeed. I was told he was quite the deadbeat.

^^^about my cousin^^^

I noticed this in another thread and thought I should put the record straight about my cousin. He reads the site but I don't think he's noticed that yet, and I'd hate for him to think I've came on here badmouthing him.
I know people are only responding to things I've said about him, but I worry that I've given people the totally wrong idea about him.
He did have a problem with drugs but that seems to be mostly behind him now. He is an undianosed aspie and a lot of his problem was that he didn't handle moving away from his friends in Scotland very well, and then having to spend a lot of his time looking after his ill gran. He has put a lot of effort into sorting out his life, and mistakes he's made in the past shouldn't be held against him.
He definately isn't a deadbeat. He has a very succesfull business, and a lot of good things in his life. He is a good person, he helps anyone he can. He's helped me hugely and if it wasn't for him I don't know what state my life would be in now.

I grew up with no money, and crap parents who I have almost no contact with now. They resented the fact that I was different to other kids. My dad in particular is obsessed with being normal and fitting in. I had next to no relationship with them at all when I was growing up. I left school at 15 with no qualifications because I couldn't take the bullying.
My Dads brother (my cousins dad) is very different to my dad. They are both almost certainly undiagnosed aspies, but he is a much cooler guy. He hated the way my parents treated me, and so he and his wife treated me like their own child. They brought me on hollidays, he brought me and my cousin to the football almost every week. They were much more like parents to me than my real parents ever were, and my cousin was far more of a sibling than my sisters were.
My aunt's parents are extremely wealthy. When my cousin was young his parents started buying him derelect flats for him to renovate and rent out so that he'd always have a good income, and never have to worry about money. He made a good job of it and made a succesful business out of it.
When I was 15 I moved out of my parents and moved in with my aunt and uncle. At the time I thought I wanted to live by myself, and so for my 16th birthday my cousin bought me a rundown house in a lovely area and he renovated it with me. I lived in it for a while, but I wasn't really happy living by myself so he told me I could move in with him, and he helped me rent out my house. He knew I had no qualifications or decent job prospects, so he bought me another 2 flats to renovate and rent out so that I'd never need to struggle in life. At this time his parents were still buying more flats for him. He persuaded his parents that it would be better if they started buying flats for me instead, because I needed the help more than he did, and because he felt it would be better for me if I had a good income rather that relying on him and his parents. He also taught me how to do all the work on the flats, and was always there to give me money if things ran over budget.
I hate to even imagine what my life would be like if he hadn't helped me the way he did. At best I'd probably have went from one deadend job to another, at worst I'd probably be spending my life on benefits.
He can be an annoying bastard, and sometimes I just want to jump up and down on his head, but most folk on here have probably felt like that about their siblings at times. He's also the person I'm closest to in the world, and the person I'd find it hardest to live without. He's the only person that knows just about everything about me. He was the first person I told I was gay. When someone pisses you off it's easy to come on here and sound off, but I never meant to make him sound a bad person.

Yes, don't bite the hand that feeds.

I did think that was a bitchy coment, especially when I think you probably knew that he read the site.

Osensitive1

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 06:52:15 PM »
I don't care what you think of me. I do care that in a order to make your point you decided to use the term "glowing posts about yourself and what a wonderful person you are." There are plenty of people who obviously aren't going to read my old posts and don't remember what I said, and are therefore going to believe you when you when you said that. There is a huge difference in saying what you said, and the truth, which is that some of my posts paint me as a decent, possibly even good person and some paint me as a bitch. Your choice of wording was inappropriate to say the least. If you're a smart person then I'm sure you can already see this.
I'll admit my wording was over the top, if you admit your statements about it being hard to be nasty to people, and feeling bad about saying things that hurt people, are pretty much bull crap statements.

And for the record, the bitchy coment I was refering to was this

Yes, don't bite the hand that feeds.

I did think that was a bitchy coment, especially when I think you probably knew that he read the site.
You are correct, that was pretty bitchy. Now that you shook my memory, that might have been my first bad impression of you. I though it was pretty lousy of you to paint you cousin to look like junkie looser when he takes care of you and you know he reads the site. I now remember being tempted to say something nasty in that first thread, but didn't because that would have been more than pretty bitchy.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 07:04:08 PM »
I'll admit my wording was over the top, if you admit your statements about it being hard to be nasty to people, and feeling bad about saying things that hurt people, are pretty much bull crap statements.

I do feel bad if I say stuff that inadvertantly hurts people. On certain occasions I do try and hurt people although that is generally a rare occurance.

You are correct, that was pretty bitchy. Now that you shook my memory, that might have been my first bad impression of you. I though it was pretty lousy of you to paint you cousin to look like junkie looser when he takes care of you and you know he reads the site. I now remember being tempted to say something nasty in that first thread, but didn't because that would have been more than pretty bitchy.

I may have painted my cousin as a loser accidentaly. That was why I made a thread putting the record straight. He was having major drug issues and I was very worried about his health. I did speak about it on this site. It was not to paint him as a loser, although some people did end up thinking he was a loser.
I did not make him look like a junkie because I know what a junkie is, and he was never a junkie. He doesn't look after me, although he has done a huge amount for me in the past. If anything I look after him. The truth is we have a very good relationship.

Osensitive1

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 08:17:53 PM »
Okay. I'll just mind my own business next time.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 08:27:36 PM »

Or even try speaking to me in a reasonable manner, rather than making gross exagerations to back up your flimsy point. If you wanted to sort out an issue you had with me, did you really think that was an appropriate way to do it?

richard

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »
Or even try speaking to me in a reasonable manner, rather than making gross exagerations to back up your flimsy point. If you wanted to sort out an issue you had with me, did you really think that was an appropriate way to do it?
:plus:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 08:50:55 PM »
At least I seem to now partly understand what the issue is, and that she has the same issue with Steve. It was in a PM.

Are you diagnosed? For some reason, I recall you saying you're not; could be wrong about that though. I think this might be the real root of my issue. I have the same problem with steve and the way he treats people here. If you are, my apologies, I won't address you again.

She wrongly thought I wasn't diagnosed.