Author Topic: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod  (Read 13176 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »
Marx is stalking me on Wrongplanet... and I haven't checked in since March :P
Don't let that useless cunt bother you Gen.

Yeah... agreed.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »
you are just too pretty

Well I used to have that cross dressing issue when I was 2.... Wait...

Thats beside the point!!!

What's his account?
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #272 on: November 15, 2013, 07:07:05 AM »
Re: all this Alex/WP in partnership with AutSpeaks. I just wish that Alex did this all in his own name or in the name of his media company instead of bringing in WP for the sake of his self promotion, then we could say to each his own. I hate how he has no idea what's going on there most of the time (due to not caring or disinterest IMO, see: the past mod dramas. Or maybe he's genuinely too busy to notice. In that case he should think about putting WP's ownership in new, more attentive hands). But when a big career opportunity comes along he instantly hugs WP again and calls it his baby, like he's doing right now. Nah, Autism Speaks will never buy out WP. They know Alex has nothing else to use to make a name for himself so they'll take pity and leave him & WP be ;)

Ever watch Sopranos? I know it is a strange analogy to make.
In that once there was ever any association with any of these people, you were in. There was no turning it off or on or controlling it. You were unable to be out of the shadow no matter how you conducted yourself.
Autism Speaks is the same. Any involvement that is not outright condemnation put you in the shadow fro which you will never see the light of day.

I wasn't a fan of the Sopranos but I understand your analogy.

I can envision Alex sitting in that Autism Speaks boardroom one day, in his own comfy leather chair. If that day comes I hope WP will be in safe hands :)

Quoting myself :P

John Elder Robison has resigned from Autism Speaks due to differences, and Alex may follow suit by disassociating himself from them. Or at least that's what I think, Alex wouldn't publicize the resignation if he wasn't siding with him.

If anyone cares :P

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #273 on: November 15, 2013, 07:31:47 AM »
Re: all this Alex/WP in partnership with AutSpeaks. I just wish that Alex did this all in his own name or in the name of his media company instead of bringing in WP for the sake of his self promotion, then we could say to each his own. I hate how he has no idea what's going on there most of the time (due to not caring or disinterest IMO, see: the past mod dramas. Or maybe he's genuinely too busy to notice. In that case he should think about putting WP's ownership in new, more attentive hands). But when a big career opportunity comes along he instantly hugs WP again and calls it his baby, like he's doing right now. Nah, Autism Speaks will never buy out WP. They know Alex has nothing else to use to make a name for himself so they'll take pity and leave him & WP be ;)

Ever watch Sopranos? I know it is a strange analogy to make.
In that once there was ever any association with any of these people, you were in. There was no turning it off or on or controlling it. You were unable to be out of the shadow no matter how you conducted yourself.
Autism Speaks is the same. Any involvement that is not outright condemnation put you in the shadow fro which you will never see the light of day.

I wasn't a fan of the Sopranos but I understand your analogy.

I can envision Alex sitting in that Autism Speaks boardroom one day, in his own comfy leather chair. If that day comes I hope WP will be in safe hands :)

Quoting myself :P

John Elder Robison has resigned from Autism Speaks due to differences, and Alex may follow suit by disassociating himself from them. Or at least that's what I think, Alex wouldn't publicize the resignation if he wasn't siding with him.

If anyone cares :P

It's interesting as it relates to Autism Speaks, but not as it relates to WP. Has anything interesting happened on WP recently?

Have you talked with Alex? I haven't spoken with him, but from what I've heard, he doesn't seem like the sort of person who cares about the ideologies of people who give him money. Hopefully, our resident WP spies members will let us know. :angel: 8)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:33:56 AM by Semicolon »
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

P7PSP

« Reply #274 on: November 15, 2013, 07:54:05 AM »

It's interesting as it relates to Autism Speaks, but not as it relates to WP. Has anything interesting happened on WP recently?

Have you talked with Alex? I haven't spoken with him, but from what I've heard, he doesn't seem like the sort of person who cares about the ideologies of people who give him money. Hopefully, our resident WP spies members will let us know. :angel: 8)
That is my impression of him as well.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #275 on: November 15, 2013, 08:19:21 AM »
I do not think he really gives a fat rat's crack about anyone. I think he looks for opportunities to do well for Alex and looks for relationships that he can use as a foothold to step towards bigger and better things for Alex.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #276 on: November 15, 2013, 02:28:39 PM »
I don't want to cause a rukus on WP anyways... Cornflake has a bounty on me. If I screw up again... (that means bye-bye)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #277 on: November 15, 2013, 03:56:50 PM »
Oh no, you might even be... I dunno... banned. The horror.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #278 on: November 15, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »
Yeah I don't think Alex would ever break with Autism Speaks over an ethical issue.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #279 on: November 15, 2013, 07:08:58 PM »
I don't want to cause a rukus on WP anyways... Cornflake has a bounty on me. If I screw up again... (that means bye-bye)

Don't fear joining the ranks of the banned. Embrace the dark side, Genesis. :vader:

Who is Cornflake?

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

P7PSP

« Reply #280 on: November 15, 2013, 07:33:11 PM »
You should learn to get along with others. I have never been banned from a forum.  :hahaha:

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #281 on: November 15, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »
You should learn to get along with others. I have never been banned from a forum.  :hahaha:

That could be changed. I know some admins on ASDC. :zoinks:

P7PSP

« Reply #282 on: November 15, 2013, 08:43:52 PM »
:hide:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2013, 10:27:09 PM »

Don't fear joining the ranks of the banned. Embrace the dark side, Genesis. :vader:

Who is Cornflake?

A moderator on WP

:orly:

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2013, 11:08:04 PM »

Who is Cornflake?

A moderator on WP

Invite him here. :orly:

:orly:

:yarly: