Author Topic: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod  (Read 13255 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod
« Reply #240 on: September 20, 2010, 04:53:25 AM »
Re: all this Alex/WP in partnership with AutSpeaks. I just wish that Alex did this all in his own name or in the name of his media company instead of bringing in WP for the sake of his self promotion, then we could say to each his own. I hate how he has no idea what's going on there most of the time (due to not caring or disinterest IMO, see: the past mod dramas. Or maybe he's genuinely too busy to notice. In that case he should think about putting WP's ownership in new, more attentive hands). But when a big career opportunity comes along he instantly hugs WP again and calls it his baby, like he's doing right now. Nah, Autism Speaks will never buy out WP. They know Alex has nothing else to use to make a name for himself so they'll take pity and leave him & WP be ;)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #241 on: September 20, 2010, 05:10:08 AM »
I doubtful on that. Such dealings with such notorious organisations never end well, especially when they start growing.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:13:43 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #242 on: September 20, 2010, 05:21:16 AM »
Re: all this Alex/WP in partnership with AutSpeaks. I just wish that Alex did this all in his own name or in the name of his media company instead of bringing in WP for the sake of his self promotion, then we could say to each his own. I hate how he has no idea what's going on there most of the time (due to not caring or disinterest IMO, see: the past mod dramas. Or maybe he's genuinely too busy to notice. In that case he should think about putting WP's ownership in new, more attentive hands). But when a big career opportunity comes along he instantly hugs WP again and calls it his baby, like he's doing right now. Nah, Autism Speaks will never buy out WP. They know Alex has nothing else to use to make a name for himself so they'll take pity and leave him & WP be ;)

Ever watch Sopranos? I know it is a strange analogy to make.
In that once there was ever any association with any of these people, you were in. There was no turning it off or on or controlling it. You were unable to be out of the shadow no matter how you conducted yourself.
Autism Speaks is the same. Any involvement that is not outright condemnation put you in the shadow fro which you will never see the light of day.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2010, 05:52:44 AM »
They are the autistic version of Amway, once they've got you they never let you go. Only thing is, Autism Speaks have nothing of value to offer.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2010, 07:02:59 AM »

In that once there was ever any association with any of these people, you were in. There was no turning it off or on or controlling it. You were unable to be out of the shadow no matter how you conducted yourself.
Autism Speaks is the same. Any involvement that is not outright condemnation put you in the shadow fro which you will never see the light of day.

I wasn't a fan of the Sopranos but I understand your analogy.

I can envision Alex sitting in that Autism Speaks boardroom one day, in his own comfy leather chair. If that day comes I hope WP will be in safe hands :)

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2010, 07:11:22 AM »

I wasn't a fan of the Sopranos but I understand your analogy.

I can envision Alex sitting in that Autism Speaks boardroom one day, in his own comfy leather chair. If that day comes I hope WP will be in safe hands :)

Don't forget, the chair will be pleather, and Alex will still have his striped shirt, beige pants and yellow sneakers on.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2011, 03:36:20 AM »
Hmmm, I've noticed several guests lurking in this thread lately, wonder what spurred the sudden interest?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2011, 04:55:37 AM »
Hello Guests!  :santa:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #248 on: July 14, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Hmmm, I've noticed several guests lurking in this thread lately, wonder what spurred the sudden interest?

WP has been attempting to recruit over the past few days.  Unfortunately they do not have the cooperation of the only individual who can actually appoint a new mod.  The place is down to one active mod now.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #249 on: July 14, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »

WP has been attempting to recruit over the past few days.  Unfortunately they do not have the cooperation of the only individual who can actually appoint a new mod.  The place is down to one active mod now.

lol, this isn't exactly the best place to look for advice. But it does sound like WP is now vulnerable to a trolling raid.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »
BTW WPfags, did you know your precious admin abused his Ex-Girlfriend? You may click the link and ask why the thread doesn't exist now... well it's obvious isn't it? Alex saw this being rehashed and deleted the entire thread.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf80990-0-255.html
Quote from: ooohprettycolors
I got out of a verbally and emotionally abusive relationship several months ago. I didn't even recognize the abuse until it started to get physical, which is common among victims of domestic violence. Our mutual friends could see it. I loved him up until the end when I realized. I thought he loved me, but I know now that he only loved controlling me. He liked to mess with my head and manipulate me emotionally to get what he wanted, and he was very, very good at it. He didn't hit me but I know it was coming if I had stayed.

The last straw was when he held me down on the bed. I tried to get away but I was weak from crying all night and fighting with him. I tried to wiggle away but he held me tighter. He held me down on the bed and softly stroked my cheek and said, "Katie I love you." Then he screamed in my ear, "YOU f***ing b***h I HATE YOUR f***ing GUTS!" Then he lightly touched my hair and kissed me sweetly, saying "I love you so much, Katie. Do you love me?" Then, one second later, " YOU'RE A f***ing c**t FACED b***h" . . .etc etc. This cycle repeated several times but I don't remember what happened after that. I stopped struggling. I was afraid he would kill me or rape me. I lied and said I loved him. I was compliant just to save myself. Somehow, I ended up by myself in the bed and he in the other room. I slept only a few hours, terrified he would wake up. I wanted to call the police but I knew they would just show up and then leave, and I knew he'd be really really angry. The next morning, he acted like everything was fine. I wanted to check into a mental hospital. I was almost nonverbal. My parents came (I asked them to) and he screamed equally horrendous things in my mother's face.
I moved out and got almost all of my possesions out safely. He deliberately smashed two items, claiming an accident. He tried to push my uncle down the stairs.
I have no contact with him anymore and got out safely. My daily life is back to normal but I still have nightmares. Luckily I don't have PTSD. I didn't function well for about 2 months, but that passed.

His family, who I was close to, won't speak to me. That's what hurts the worst. I miss his sister. I have no doubt that he is telling people that I abused him, or that I just went crazy, or some other collection of lies. I don't blame them for believing him. I believed his lies for over a year and a half. He is a talented deceiver, and it is difficult to realize that someone you love could be so cruel. I wouldn't be surprised if this message got deleted because my abuser runs this website. He seems like a "real nice guy". I just wanted to share my story with people who may have been there.

Katie being Katie Miller, Alex's ex-Girlfriend, IT ARE FACT! Sometimes reality itself is a troll.

Problem, WPfags? :trollface:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2011, 08:33:02 PM »

:O_o: :O_o: :O_o:

Who else has quit now??

Osensitive1

« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2011, 08:36:58 PM »
What ever came about with the hashing things out you mentioned before?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2011, 11:41:56 PM »
WP is too big to have just one moderator. I think Professor Farnsworth is right, it is left open to trolling now.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #254 on: July 15, 2011, 12:49:29 AM »
It's a Bilderberg conspiracy. They are running the show there.

It's a practice version of their intention to thin the world's population by 80%.

Start at Wankplanet and move up.