Author Topic: Banned From WP For No Reason-- A Collection of Issues Brought Up By Members  (Read 17161 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
mine was bogus.

i simply threatened alex with a lawsuit if he didn't delete the threads of banned members if they wanted them deleted.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Ah, yes. I remember. A lot of message boards were born during that period.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
I wonder if your banning was bogus too? Other people who have been banned from there are still not back. For some reason they can't get their bans uplifted. Even Violet Yoshi and KenM had no luck. But I found both their bannings reasonable. My banning was bogus and it was done wrong I was never showed up as being banned.

Here's something else of interest to chew on; whoever banned my account messed with it in some way that the regular mods can't fix, the avatar and custom rank functions are both broken.  It sort of narrows down the suspect list, since I doubt Alex himself would have taken enough interest in me to do that.

As to Ken and VY, I could see legitimate reasons for tossing them, they both seemed a bit unstable and on the bare edge of control at most times, what I've objected to is the longtime and otherwise rational members that have disappeared after rubbing a mod the wrong way.  That sort of thing seems to have stopped for the moment, for reasons I'm sure we all can guess.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
I thought you said it got unbanned?

I would guess sinsboldly. She silent banned me and then deleted my SG account and my likedcalico one and my husband's. Now the place seems different and less active but I think it's picking up now.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
I am so glad I am not that sexual. I won't be desperate to have sex again after I have a kid but I would have to deal with a husband who might.

Please have at least 2 children, an only child gets lonely.

Unless the kid is autistic ;) but he or she can have friends and I will spend time with it like all parents are supposed to with their kids.

I wasn't lonely either when I was an only child but did being a baby had to do something with it? My parents interacted with me. Then I remember my mom having another baby and I have no memory of being jealous of him. He sure showed me I was "too old" for diapers so I stopped wearing them.

Everyone I know who is an only child is pretty fucked up in one way or another, on the spectrum or off it.

My dad was an only child. AFAIK, the only deficits he had were that a) he was legally (congenitally) deaf from birth (he was a premie) b) was hypothyroid and c) had hypertension. Despite all that, he lived quite happily--for the most part--until one month before his 80th birthday.
His dad worked for the Public Health Service and as a result wasn't home much but that wasn't so unusual in the 1920s.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:29:39 AM by punkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
I am so glad I am not that sexual. I won't be desperate to have sex again after I have a kid but I would have to deal with a husband who might.

Unless the kid is autistic ;) but he or she can have friends and I will spend time with it like all parents are supposed to with their kids.

I wasn't lonely either when I was an only child but did being a baby had to do something with it? My parents interacted with me. Then I remember my mom having another baby and I have no memory of being jealous of him. He sure showed me I was "too old" for diapers so I stopped wearing them.

Everyone I know who is an only child is pretty fucked up in one way or another, on the spectrum or off it.

My dad was an only child. AFAIK, the only deficits he had were that a) he was legally (congenitally) deaf from birth (he was a premie) b) was hypothyroid and c) had hypertension. Despite all that, he lived quite happily--for the most part--until one month before his 80th birthday.
His dad worked for the Public Health Service and as a result wasn't home much but that wasn't so unusual in the 1920s.

My grandfather was a health inspector from 1925-1963?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face

My grandfather was a health inspector from 1925-1963?

You two related?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Scrapheap

I wonder if your banning was bogus too? Other people who have been banned from there are still not back. For some reason they can't get their bans uplifted. Even Violet Yoshi and KenM had no luck. But I found both their bannings reasonable. My banning was bogus and it was done wrong I was never showed up as being banned.

Here's something else of interest to chew on; whoever banned my account messed with it in some way that the regular mods can't fix, the avatar and custom rank functions are both broken.  It sort of narrows down the suspect list, since I doubt Alex himself would have taken enough interest in me to do that.

As to Ken and VY, I could see legitimate reasons for tossing them, they both seemed a bit unstable and on the bare edge of control at most times, what I've objected to is the longtime and otherwise rational members that have disappeared after rubbing a mod the wrong way.  That sort of thing seems to have stopped for the moment, for reasons I'm sure we all can guess.

So you're saying it was Lau??

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster

That would be my guess, I pissed him off pretty royally on a number of occasions and I'm pretty sure he's the one who actually banned my account.  I'm talking to the current mods about it, and they think it's related to some server upgrades that were done while my account was banned, but a couple of things seem to contra-indicate that.  Firstly member who were banned before me never lost their avatars or custom ranks, Fnord being my control there as a member whom I know to be banned but still showing the correct avatar and rank, also Lau lost his admin rights for something, I honestly don't think Sins had the power to do what she did to Spokane_Girl's account without administrator access.  I wish they'd stop playing coy and just tell us what the hell happened and what's being done to fix it, but that's just not how things are done on WP.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
mine was bogus.

i simply threatened alex with a lawsuit if he didn't delete the threads of banned members if they wanted them deleted.

Nice. Why the hell didn't he like that?  :asthing:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore

That would be my guess, I pissed him off pretty royally on a number of occasions and I'm pretty sure he's the one who actually banned my account.  I'm talking to the current mods about it, and they think it's related to some server upgrades that were done while my account was banned, but a couple of things seem to contra-indicate that.  Firstly member who were banned before me never lost their avatars or custom ranks, Fnord being my control there as a member whom I know to be banned but still showing the correct avatar and rank, also Lau lost his admin rights for something, I honestly don't think Sins had the power to do what she did to Spokane_Girl's account without administrator access.  I wish they'd stop playing coy and just tell us what the hell happened and what's being done to fix it, but that's just not how things are done on WP.

I just assumed that Sinsboldly had admin access even though her profile said she was just a moderator, but it would be very interesting if what happened to SG's accounts had been due to Lau at her suggestion.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I find it fascinating how people can care so much about this kind of stuff. I was kind off pissed off at alex and wp in general for like a couple of weeks at the very most. I came here BECAUSE IT IS NOT WP. Anyone else follow this general train of thought?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
I find it fascinating how people can care so much about this kind of stuff. I was kind off pissed off at alex and wp in general for like a couple of weeks at the very most. I came here BECAUSE IT IS NOT WP. Anyone else follow this general train of thought?

I'm here because it's not WP, too.

However, I think some people need to vent about things that bother them and I think WP remains a part of their lives, unlike you or me who rarely or never go there.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I guess I just don't understand that then. I mean wp is dildos. Plain and simple. Who the hell would want to stay there after just a couple of months of witnessing all the stupid bullshit on there?

Does... not... compute... :rage:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

It was obvious it was her and Alex said she admitted it. If it was someone else that did it, I would have been unable to login my account again. But no it all happened while she was mod and I had an issue with her. Then after that I was having problems with my account. I thought it was maybe a glitch and I thought I was being paranoid by thinking it was her.

Alex demodded his mods and not all of them got their privileges back and Lau didn't get back his admin powers.