Author Topic: Banned From WP For No Reason-- A Collection of Issues Brought Up By Members  (Read 17018 times)

Offline Shareese/Ana54

• Part of the Chaos
In this thread I want you to all post the problems you had with WP so that we can work something out with them and have an intense discussion and come to an understanding.

I'm Ana54. I registered here about a year ago, I think before that. I never posted, obviously. I was too busy on WrongPlanet. I sent the following letter to the WP mods on the Contact Us form. It said I would recieve a reply within 24 hours. 48 hours later, I still have not gotten a reply. I made the mistake of registering again before they replied to me (which they never anyway). And this was after I promised not to break the rules again! But I think I meant that I wouldn't break the rules as the new person. But they didn't know that.

Hi; I'm Ana54. Adverb is my boyfriend. Mysteria is my mother. Yesterday, we found out we were all banned. We want to know who banned us, and why.

I think I might understand why you would want to ban me. I did this little thing and that little thing, always a different little infraction against the rules, until finally one of my straws broke the camel's back. But (to my knowledge), Adverb and Mysteria didn't do anything at all.

It isn't just that their IPs were banned because they shared them with me. Their accounts were banned.

I did not do anything that really would have gotten me banned. Can you please make sure nobody hacked my account and used it to send nasty PMs or something? That is, if that's why I was banned. I have no access to my PMs right now.

If we were banned because you think the three of us are the same person, there are a bunch of others (including MADDuck, Poopylungstuffing, WaxDeejay, Flipmode, Stephaniecatherine, and aguales) who can attest to the fact that they have met us or talked to us on the phone and that we are indeed 3 different people.

If one of you banned us because you need to feel powerful, I totally understand. I like to feel powerful too. I like to feel like I have control over something. I like to be looked up to sometimes as someone who can do something a lot of people can't do. What we need is more friendships to show others how respectful/useful we can be to the others, while getting the same respect/use out of them.

I feel that if I had only done (or not done) something, we would still be there. I promise I won't do anything more to break the rules. I'll read them. I felt for the last few months that I was walking on eggshells, getting closer and closer to being banned. I didn't know if this was good judgment or delusional thinking. Some people said I was paranoid and that I had nothing to worry about. But apparently, my fears were not delusions, but good judgment. So I'll take my controversial posts elsewhere. I'll post them on my livejournal and other forums.

But if I've worn out my welcome, what can I do? Except ask you to explain where I went wrong, because I don't totally understand. I'm sure there is something I'm missing. And to tell you to please be fairer to the other two who did nothing at all.

Perhaps it was my talk about bickering with my boyfriend, whom I met on WP, that made them ban me, perhaps because they thought it would discourage others on WP from meeting up and having romantic (or even simply friendly) relationships with other people on WP.

Calico (likedcalico, Spokane Girl) says she does not know why they kept her as Spokane Girl after they banned her as likedcalico. She does not seem to know why they didn't either ban her again or give her her old account back. Perhaps it was because they were amused by her and her threads in the adult forum?

After I registered again, I did post controversial stuff, but nothing more controversial than what the average member posts. What I meant when I said I wouldn't post any more controversial stuff was that I wouldn't post any more about arguments with my boyfriend who was also a member on there.

Where are all the good, older mods when we need them? Where is Tinky? Where is Krex? Where are Ed, Nirrti, Beentheredonethat (who was a friend of mine) and Gwen and all the others who still seem to have moderator status but rarely post anymore? When they come back, and see this, what will happen?

What has happened to Sinsboldly, Lau and Quatermass, and maybe Alex too, is, I think, that they had this need that they never realized they had until they became admin/moderators of this big board, and suddenly this need was being fulfilled. But never enough. They need more. What can we do? I really want us to think of something so that we can have the old WP back without harming anyone, or anyone's ego, or whatever.

Look at my last posts too; I said nothing! (I'm Ana54.) Also read Adverb's posts; he's banned too and said nothing! He hadn't posted in 8 months, then logged in 2 months ago and wasn't banned (and he didn't post). Then 2 months later, when he logged in again, he found he was banned.

I feel like I have no one at all, except my 8-month-old baby and myself. And I know I always have my boyfriend, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it. And I know I always have my friends in the autistic community, but sometimes I feel like I don't. And the same with everybody else from the autistic community (really, everyone in the autistic community is my friend, but of course I have best friends).

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:37:42 AM by Anastashia Florinyeva »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
There seems to be no rhyme or reason on some of the bans.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

In this thread I want you to all post the problems you had with WP so that we can work something out with them and have an intense discussion and come to an understanding.

No.

WP is unsalvageable. It has been taken over by the (incorrectly) self-diagnosed whiners, and the mods do all they can to protect them from anyone who questions them.

Offline Shareese/Ana54

• Part of the Chaos
What do you mean, the mods do anything to protect the whiners? I'm sorry; I don't understand. I was a whiner and I got BANNED!

And now I hear about people who want to destory WP... should I start backing up posts I want? Yes, I'd better.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

And now I hear about people who want to destory WP...

That's new. Who is saying this?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
most people already know my problem with wp. i don't intend to fix it though, as it can go to hell for all i care. good luck

oh and gwen is busy with IRL stuff i think. she's happy last i heard though.

Offline Shareese/Ana54

• Part of the Chaos
It's good that Gwen is happy. Beentheredonethat would never have stood for this! Well, maybe he would have suspended me, but he would never have permabanned me AND my boyfriend and mother who did nothing! Krex and Nirrti and Tinky would definitely never have done that either. There are what, 30 or 40 moderators? But only like 4 active ones. Surely some moderator will come back and see what's going on and realize... but unfortunately a lot of them don't help the members who are still there; they just choose to leave, like TheMachine1 did. I still remember when he resigned as a moderator.

Yes, I think they already know what your problem with them was, Soph. Or maybe they don't know. If they really don't understand, that means they don't know.

I just found a thread I had started where Sinsboldly suddenly banned me. Now I know who did it; Sinsboldly. Sinsboldly said that if I had only replied to the two PMs I had gotten (one from her and one from Quatermass) I would not have been banned. In all honesty I was too scared to reply to them. What if it was embarrassing? What if they really laid into me? I couldn't take it. I was already depressed and unable to take any criticism. What a bad time for this to happen!

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
It's good that Gwen is happy. Beentheredonethat would never have stood for this! Well, maybe he would have suspended me, but he would never have permabanned me AND my boyfriend and mother who did nothing! Krex and Nirrti and Tinky would definitely never have done that either. There are what, 30 or 40 moderators? But only like 4 active ones. Surely some moderator will come back and see what's going on and realize... but unfortunately a lot of them don't help the members who are still there; they just choose to leave, like TheMachine1 did. I still remember when he resigned as a moderator.

Yes, I think they already know what your problem with them was, Soph. Or maybe they don't know. If they really don't understand, that means they don't know.

I just found a thread I had started where Sinsboldly suddenly banned me. Now I know who did it; Sinsboldly. Sinsboldly said that if I had only replied to the two PMs I had gotten (one from her and one from Quatermass) I would not have been banned. In all honesty I was too scared to reply to them. What if it was embarrassing? What if they really laid into me? I couldn't take it. I was already depressed and unable to take any criticism. What a bad time for this to happen!

If you are worried that they might lay into you, then you'll need to harden the fuck up if you are going to post here.

Some people here with shiv you in the back twice before breakfast without breaking stride.  :green:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
We're only allowed one account on WP so that could be why they didn't give my old account back. Besides I don't really want to use that account anyway so I never asked for it back. I like Spokane Girl better and likedcalico just sounds like I used to like Calicos and now I don't anymore. Spokane Girl is misleading too because people keep thinking I am from Spokane and I live there. I've put on other forums in my profile that I do not live in Spokane and I just like the city.

I know some people have liked my diaper threads because I have gotten PMs before by people saying how honest I am and brave and gotten PMs from a few members claiming they have the fetish too but don't tell anyone.

I've said my problems about WP a few times. I don't I think I have said this yet, the mods don't even help you understand your actions and their rules when they give you a warning, if you're even lucky to get one of course than banning. If you get a warning from the mod and you don't understand what they are talking about and ask them to elaborate, they don't even answer your question. Sinboldly does this. I don't know if the others do too but I have only gotten several warnings from Sins. Her excuse was the mods are too busy and can't discuss rules with their members and it sounded bullshit to me. I mean if she has time to chat with one member back and forth in PM, then she sure has the time to help members understand their actions and rules. And if they want their members to follow their rules, they should at least try and help them understand and their actions so they won't do it again. If a mod can't do that, then they are not a good mod then and if they don't have the time to do it, they shouldn't even be a mod.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
I know some people have liked my diaper threads because I have gotten PMs before by people saying how honest I am and brave and gotten PMs from a few members claiming they have the fetish too but don't tell anyone.

Out them for the lulz.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:55:26 PM by Phlexor »

Blasted

I bet it's sinsboldly :toporly:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:38:48 PM by Bint »

TheoK

Let Alex walk the Plank! :arrr:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild

Out then for the lulz.
:laugh:

Mind I did know of someone at my old school with the same fetish. Or was it he just wore nappies to stop him kicking up a stink. 

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
i don't get the appeal of wearing nappies

Blasted

Neither do I.  Even pads bother me.