Author Topic: Intro to SinsBoldly  (Read 16162 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Intro to SinsBoldly
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2009, 12:15:33 PM »
Is that why you do it, then? Because they took you?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

sinsboldly

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2009, 12:24:25 PM »
Is that why you do it, then? Because they took you?
I do it for karmic payback, probably.  It was pretty rough for me when I first came onto WP.  I had been an undiagnosed Aspie for years and years and decades and had just heard about AS and was pretty sure I had it. I didn't know what to do about it, or even if there would ever be any help for us older Aspies, as so much was being done for the young ones.   I used to savagely gnaw out my very vitals and fling it in front of people in posts so they would dispair. 
After a while, I worked through that and because people didn't reject me out of hand, I started to change my attitude because I didn't feel so bad anymore.  And I learned a lot, and then more and more about AS and myself.  I kept posting, mostly in the Dino Cafe and then the Dino Ex-Cafe and after awhile they handed me a figurative mop and a broom and told me to get to work as a mod.  I figured some that I owed the new people coming in that might have the same issues I had,  that and I wanted a place to be there for other people that needed it as much as I did.  So, gratitude and love are my motivators, yeah. 

so sue me. ;)

Merle
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:29:32 PM by sinsboldly »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2009, 01:20:37 PM »
hey,
I didn't get any posts in my Email in box that there was a post in my Intro thread. I was kinda wondering if no one at all was moved to read or answer my intro (that I was asked to write).  So, I got busy, as ya' do, and hadn't come back to I2 until I got a PM from "parts" wondering if I was coming back and wow, 6 pages of welcome! 

I don't know if Alex 'allows' people to come to I2 or ZOMG or what ever. I have never heard anything about it.  I couldn't be bothered to follow such petty parochialism , anyway and besides, no one has 'allowed' me to do anything since I escaped from Topeka State years ago.  Your version of 'MrMark" sorta gave me a turn, I must admit, and I am rather glad I didn't meet up with him before I knew he was a ringer!  I have never heard most of the ideas you have about WP mods before, and hoping to not seem like too much of a naif,  but I am amazed.  But yeah, WP wouldn't put up with a 10th of what happens here. 

However, I am a big girl and have my big girl panties on, so what ever, when in Rome and all of that.  I came here because I was looking up other Aspie boards and wondered what was out on the Internet.  I mean, people ask me, and I had to say, I didn't know.  Now I am finding out.

Merle
I suggest you do some reading of old threads around here on WP - you might find it an eye-opener. Several members and former members of here were the original moderators on there. Might want to look up William Freund whilst you are at it.

As for "MrMark" - any member can change their own profiles.

as I have been a member of WP since 2006 and read all the past mod logs, my eyes have been wide open from the beginning.  Any site that would have me as a member, let alone as a mod, would have to be accomdating to allow me to be there, anyway.

Merle

You've read the ones that Alex didn't delete. Big deal.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2009, 01:45:36 PM »
I do it for karmic payback, probably.  (...)  And I learned a lot, and then more and more about AS and myself.  I kept posting, mostly in the Dino Cafe and then the Dino Ex-Cafe and after awhile they handed me a figurative mop and a broom and told me to get to work as a mod.  I figured some that I owed the new people coming in that might have the same issues I had,  that and I wanted a place to be there for other people that needed it as much as I did.  So, gratitude and love are my motivators, yeah. 

Yeah, when I was there, there were a lot of people doing it for the same reasons. I guess not much has changed.

How long have you been a mod there? Have you seen the batch get purged and repopulated by Alex yet?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

sinsboldly

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
8 months and I am not even sure what you are talking about.

Merle

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »
Don't worry about it merle. Just be satisfied that most of us here know how much of a gigantic faggot alex is, so he isn't really liked too well here..
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2009, 02:06:01 PM »

Merle

Statistically these things tend to happen around March or April.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2009, 02:24:44 PM »

Your days as a moderator are numbered.  :P

sinsboldly

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »
Don't worry about it merle. Just be satisfied that most of us here know how much of a gigantic faggot alex is, so he isn't really liked too well here..

yeah, I knew that before I came here.  I just figure we all have our opinions.  

Merle

sinsboldly

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2009, 02:34:24 PM »

Your days as a moderator are numbered.  :P

all days are numbered, Pyraxis.

Merle

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
True. I know that very well.

Use the warning how you like. Just know that many of us have seen this pattern before, and in your naivete you're just playing into its hands.

sinsboldly

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2009, 02:47:16 PM »
True. I know that very well.

Use the warning how you like. Just know that many of us have seen this pattern before, and in your naivete you're just playing into its hands.

I am not hung up on being a moderator.  If my time is done, so be it.  I did my bit and am glad I did. It's not like my identity or anything.  I am still me.

Merle

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2009, 02:59:28 PM »
Yeah, we all did our bit. Life goes on. Assholes prosper. Autistics are marginalized.

Meanwhile, welcome.  :mushie:

sinsboldly

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2009, 03:07:54 PM »
Yeah, we all did our bit. Life goes on. Assholes prosper. Autistics are marginalized.

Meanwhile, welcome.  :mushie:

thanks!  glad to be here.

Merle

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2009, 03:22:55 PM »
hey,
I didn't get any posts in my Email in box that there was a post in my Intro thread. I was kinda wondering if no one at all was moved to read or answer my intro (that I was asked to write).  So, I got busy, as ya' do, and hadn't come back to I2 until I got a PM from "parts" wondering if I was coming back and wow, 6 pages of welcome! 

I don't know if Alex 'allows' people to come to I2 or ZOMG or what ever. I have never heard anything about it.  I couldn't be bothered to follow such petty parochialism , anyway and besides, no one has 'allowed' me to do anything since I escaped from Topeka State years ago.  Your version of 'MrMark" sorta gave me a turn, I must admit, and I am rather glad I didn't meet up with him before I knew he was a ringer!  I have never heard most of the ideas you have about WP mods before, and hoping to not seem like too much of a naif,  but I am amazed.  But yeah, WP wouldn't put up with a 10th of what happens here. 

However, I am a big girl and have my big girl panties on, so what ever, when in Rome and all of that.  I came here because I was looking up other Aspie boards and wondered what was out on the Internet.  I mean, people ask me, and I had to say, I didn't know.  Now I am finding out.

Merle
I suggest you do some reading of old threads around here on WP - you might find it an eye-opener. Several members and former members of here were the original moderators on there. Might want to look up William Freund whilst you are at it.

As for "MrMark" - any member can change their own profiles.

as I have been a member of WP since 2006 and read all the past mod logs, my eyes have been wide open from the beginning.  Any site that would have me as a member, let alone as a mod, would have to be accomdating to allow me to be there, anyway.

Merle
Such dedication. Why? What motivates you?