Educational

Author Topic: Intro to SinsBoldly  (Read 15996 times)

sinsboldly

Intro to SinsBoldly
« on: February 22, 2009, 07:06:34 PM »
Hi,
I am sinsboldly, but you can call me Merle.  I got the name from a creative writing teacher that probably figured out there was something up, neurologically with me, but this was before Asperger's Syndrome was known in the US, so he just said I was like Martin Luther's quote that I didn't know I was sinning so I 'sinned boldly'.  My folk used to call me the 'bull in the china shop' because I would blabber and blurt anything and everything I was thinking. 
I used to think I had been enlightened enough to have several lives in this one life,with out having to die and 'forget' them between each one.  It's like it is multiple personalities only serially, one unique person at a time.  I don't know what I think now, but I still experience it.  I have been a rock festival organizer in Seattle, a cook in San Francisco and  a chef in Kailua-Kona, HI, lived for years in a hippie commune in CA,  a computer troubleshooter at Gateway 2000, organized acid dealers in Berkeley, drove taxi in San Diego, was a stand up comedienne in NYC and a semi-professional dominatrix in Minneapolis. I now am a Medicare Fraud investigator for a well known Health Insurance company I am proud to work with (not for profit, champion of health care transparency). 

I do a lot of volunteer work, lately.  It keeps me off the streets.  I like to do a couple tokes every now and then and just recently lost 18% of my body weight by sticking to a different diet/way of eating.  It is getting to be fun to walk everywhere and run up the 5 floors to the roof at work.  It has changed my attitude and I suppose my cholesterol and blood sugars are behaving themselves.

I came to understand my Asperger's late in life.  It was a relief to finally know why at almost 60, I would still skip down the halls at work. Why I stared into the middle distance and liked it. Why my childhood was a nightmare and my adolescence a terror. Why I stimmed and talked and talked and talked about the most obscure and arcane information while others eyes glassed and glazed and they begged off to parts unknown.  Wondered why my various husbands and long term companions would chew their arms off to get away from me.  And those that would continue to be with me and I would not , why I beat a hasty retreat and moved out when they went out for a pack of cigarettes. . .

so, what goes on around here? 

Merle

« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:59:14 PM by odeon »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Intro to SinsBoldly
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 07:17:12 PM »

Merl? you look young. :zombiefuck: i didn't know you were gay.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

sinsboldly

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 08:15:58 PM »

Merl? you look young. :zombiefuck: i didn't know you were gay.

oh, I am quite cheerful!

Merle

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 08:22:36 PM »
Welcome to the asylum.  You'll be in room 217.  Right this way.   Oh, and you can come and go as you like.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 08:54:59 PM »
You sign off every post with your name?

renaeden.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

sinsboldly

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »
You sign off every post with your name?

renaeden.

yeah, it just sorta started one day and now it's like I don't have my okey doke on it with out it.

(okey doke. . long ago physicians used the inside scrapings of the astringent tannin rich oak bark, making a fluffy duff or 'doke'.  when they closed insisions they sprinkled on the oak dokum to draw the edges together.  The procedure was not finished with out the doctor's 'okey doke'.)

see, I told you I was like that!

Merle

P7PSP

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 09:48:52 PM »
Welcome to intensity Merle. You should fit in rather well.

sinsboldly

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »

Thank you, although that gives me pause. . .

Merle

P7PSP

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 03:34:44 AM »

Thank you, although that gives me pause. . .

Merle
Look at the bright side, it's not like you are any nuttier than you were before.  :zoinks:

Btw I couldn't find this earlier, so here it is now :welcome:.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 07:59:35 AM by PPK »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 08:17:17 AM »
trees have sap. you weirdo.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 08:46:58 AM »

... but some produce nuts, too.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 08:48:46 AM »

I will try to avoid a discussion of nutsap, for now.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 12:05:31 PM »
Welcome.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 12:31:27 PM »
Welcome to the dark side Merle.

:stoned:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 03:15:10 PM »
</undeserved>
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:26:43 AM by DirtDawg »