Educational

Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123157 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #330 on: December 15, 2006, 02:35:43 AM »
Sir Paul should be able to make it anyway. If everything else fails, he can license a Beatle song to another pointless commercial.  >:(

I'm not pissing his way, just laughing at the Ho's successes. I've read, elsewhere, that's about a tenth of his net worth. I really don't think she deserves half that much, but I paid out more than a tenth once to get a bitch away from me for good.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #331 on: December 15, 2006, 03:41:11 AM »
Come on that's a bit harsh do you even know that he wasn't a complete twat to her?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #332 on: December 15, 2006, 05:19:39 AM »
He could have been, but it doesn't seem like his thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #333 on: December 15, 2006, 05:47:07 AM »

Don't know, but I've read so much about their ending and that's the impression I came away with. She has been quoted saying how he wasn't around enough. She married one of the most successful pop stars of our time, she has to share him, sorry. He didn't hide his identity from her.

I guess calling her Ho is a bit much. She certainly isn't a cheap one. Honestly, I admire her involvement in charities. OK, I'm kind of taking it back, but I'm still going to laugh at short celebrity marriages and especially large divorce settlements. Please, don't take any of that shit seriously.

I'm often reminded of some of the Johnny Carson divorces from gold diggers who were only around for a short time and came away with loads of loot. He even added it to his schtick, saying that women come up to him in a bar and tell him how sexy he is and how they would really like to divorce him.

:laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #334 on: December 15, 2006, 08:12:31 AM »
We're in second grade and the teacher has a book clear full of lessons on etiquette, except that they are all presented as sarcastic, reverse advice. Here's the phone etiquette, example. I think it's very funny, but I'm not a fan of using this kind of irony as a teaching tool on a seven year old autistic child. Damage control has already started, but anyway, laugh it up.

Excerpt from "Don't Forget Your Etiquette!" by David Greenberg

Merely saying a short, "Hello"
Has such a commonplace tone,
So here's a list of stylish ways,
For you to answer the phone.

Try lifting up the mouthpiece
And giving it a slurp,
Then speak into the receviver
With a sharp explosive burp!

Answer with a juicy snort
Instead of simply speaking
Or swing the phone around your head
While mysteriously squeaking.

Daintily hoist the receiver,
Then graceful as a swan,
Drop it down the kitchen sink
And turn the disposal on.

Answer the phone with baby talk
Or an agonizing groan.
Train your dog to grab one end
And gnaw it like a bone.

Throw it like a boomerang,
Bake it in a pie,
Or do the whole thing backwards-
And answer with "Goodbye!"

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #335 on: December 15, 2006, 08:17:32 AM »
 :laugh: You mean its not good etiqutte to answer the phone with 'yes, what the fuck do you want?'

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #336 on: December 15, 2006, 08:55:57 AM »
That's more my inclination ... or "If your ass is on fire - call 911. Otherwise, this better be a crank call"  Telemarketers used to be a problem here, and very few could keep their train of thought going after something like that.

The classics always work, too. "Hello, please, hold on. I have a cat in the oven I need to attend"  ... or pretend to be talking abusively to someone  in the room and the call is coming at a very bad time. "You stupid bitch! I told you that if you keep fucking the mailman I was going to kill his ass ... (back to the phone, overly calm voice) ... "I really have to clean up some stuff - can you call back later, please?"

My family know our routines and when not to call. Telemarketers, who always call during dinner, are shown no mercy.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #337 on: December 15, 2006, 09:04:18 AM »
My dad knows someone who pretended to be a police officer investigating the murdere of the person who called and sort of implied that the caller was a suspect because they called.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #338 on: December 15, 2006, 09:21:16 AM »
I'll have to add that one to my repertoire!

:laugh:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #339 on: December 15, 2006, 09:33:24 AM »
That's more my inclination ... or "If your ass is on fire - call 911. Otherwise, this better be a crank call"  Telemarketers used to be a problem here, and very few could keep their train of thought going after something like that.

The classics always work, too. "Hello, please, hold on. I have a cat in the oven I need to attend"  ... or pretend to be talking abusively to someone  in the room and the call is coming at a very bad time. "You stupid bitch! I told you that if you keep fucking the mailman I was going to kill his ass ... (back to the phone, overly calm voice) ... "I really have to clean up some stuff - can you call back later, please?"

My family know our routines and when not to call. Telemarketers, who always call during dinner, are shown no mercy.

When I have to answer the phone I'm usually too stressed out to come out with anything more than a tentative 'hello' unfortunately- there's plenty of things I'd like to say to people that force me to answer the phone.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #340 on: December 15, 2006, 09:51:13 AM »

I just practice being an asshole until it becomes almost a reflex action, no matter how much stress I feel.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #341 on: December 15, 2006, 02:12:37 PM »
I read that Heather Mills McCartney accused Paul McCartney of stabbing her in the arm with the broken stem of a wine glass which he broke after he smashed another glass throwing it at her.  They have a three year old daughter together and if that is true, it was not a good environment for the child to live in.  If the settlement is less than a tenth of his net worth, then he got a bargain, IMO.  She might have gotten half in court.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #342 on: December 15, 2006, 03:09:27 PM »
But the mere fact that there is a settlement points in another direction. I certainly hope that Sir Paul wouldn't stab his wife in the arm with a broken wine glass.

The tabloids will publish almost anything, on the other hand, so we'll probably never know what really happened.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #343 on: December 16, 2006, 02:16:10 AM »
There was also a report that because he wouldn't allow her to have a bedpan she had to crawl to the toilet if she needed it in the night (although why she didn't just hop I don't know).  The point is though if we accept that the newspaper reports about what he's supposed to have done to her may not be true, we should also accept that the newspaper reports about what she has done to him may not be true.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #344 on: December 17, 2006, 03:51:58 AM »
 ... reasoned to perfection and lightly sautéd.  i Esquésito !