Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 129710 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #4515 on: May 18, 2010, 07:59:48 PM »
found this on a different forum...so I swiped it: 

cartoon that offers a detailed description of the Aspie thought process

http://www.danzettwoch.com/comics/deadlock.html

I am so much like the protagonist/narrator of this comic. He sees everyday human interaction as stressful and almost combative, and applies the rules of game theory to what most would consider light chitchat.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #4516 on: May 19, 2010, 01:10:25 PM »

Thought this belonged in the tutorial thread on how to date for aspies. 

Reposting it is a good idea. Top class material.

And here's afollowup from my favorite animated show:
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4517 on: May 19, 2010, 06:40:07 PM »
New Study Confirms Humans Only Use 10% Of GenitaliaMay 18, 2010 | ISSUE 46•20

04.13.07 BOSTON—A surprising new study published in The New England Journal Of Medicine this week has revealed that human beings only use 10 percent of their genitalia at any given time. "To think of all that we could accomplish if we just unlocked the remaining 90 percent," said Dr. Howard Schwartz, who contributed to the sex-organ capacity study. "Why, the back shaft alone could represent a vast reservoir of untapped potential. It's frightening, but we, as a species, have barely scratched the surface of our genitals." Schwartz maintained, however, that with enough time and late-night exploration, human beings could someday live up to "the promise of their junk."

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4518 on: May 19, 2010, 06:45:49 PM »
Heckled Christian Rock Band Knows How Jesus FeltMay 17, 2010 | ISSUE 46•20

COLUMBIA, MO—After walking off stage to a chorus of boos, threats, and obscenities, local Christian rock band Enter the Kingdom told reporters Friday that they now knew exactly how Jesus felt when he was persecuted.
"We were always taught that Christ suffered for the sins of man, but it wasn't until our gig at Pat's Tavern that we actually understood what that meant," said lead singer Andrew Walker, who formed the band in 2006 with three friends from his Bible study group. "The fact that Jesus wasn't very popular in his day, or that people hated him for spreading a different kind of message, or even just the ridicule and humiliation he was forced to endure—it all became clear to us Friday night."
"Especially when the crowd started chucking food at our heads," Walker continued. "That definitely hit it home."
According band members, the trials and tribulations of the Son of God were brought into sharp focus during their 45-minute music set, from the widespread skepticism they encountered after first taking the stage to the cries for physical torture that filled the local tavern by the end of the night.
Bass player Kevin Clark, 26, compared Friday night's harrowing show to "what Jesus must have braved" at the hands of Pontius Pilate, claiming that while performing he also faced a series of false accusations, including being called the "King of the Dickheads" by one crowd member.
"It was like the story of Jesus, unfolding right up there on that stage," said Clark, adding that two police officers randomly checking IDs for underage drinkers also joined in and taunted the band. "And just like Christ, we did not retaliate for their cruel actions. Not even when the whole 'get off the stage, you pussies' thing really got going."
Enter the Kingdom's guitarist, Bradley Baldwin, was likewise stunned by the similarities between his band's set and the torment of his savior, likening the constant interruptions by hecklers screaming, "Shut the fuck up," "This sounds like fucking shit," and "Don't quit your day job blowing priests" to what Jesus went through while being mercilessly flogged and whipped as he carried the cross to Calvary.
"They were jealous and punishing us for our righteousness, because they couldn't face the power and truth of our songs 'Light Of The Lord' and 'The Exalted,'" Baldwin said. "Plus, they definitely committed the sin of covetousness when they tried to grab Kevin's bass right out of his hands during 'Glorious Salvation.'"
Drummer James Mayfield drew a number of parallels between Jesus of Nazareth and the band, telling reporters that both only had about 12 followers and that both were betrayed by their closest friends.
"I'll never forget how our buddy Pete pretended he didn't even know us," Mayfield said. "He was standing next to these two really cute girls, and when we asked him what he thought of our set, he just looked at us and totally denied ever liking our music."
Added Mayfield, "Pete was our No. 1 fan."
Despite the cold and sometimes borderline violent reception, all was not lost Friday night. According to band members, a number of devotees from all walks of life were quite moved by the performance. Some in attendance told reporters they would be sure to attend every future Enter the Kingdom show.
"Dude, that was the most fun I've had in a long time," said Barry Rouse, 28. "I can't wait to see these fucking losers again. I'm going to all their lame-ass shows."

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #4519 on: May 20, 2010, 02:06:42 AM »
Park.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4520 on: May 20, 2010, 09:13:28 PM »

Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4521 on: May 23, 2010, 11:59:25 AM »

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4522 on: May 23, 2010, 12:10:52 PM »

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4523 on: May 23, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »
I just bumped my head and this thread

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4524 on: May 23, 2010, 06:51:44 PM »

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4527 on: May 28, 2010, 01:59:41 PM »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4528 on: May 28, 2010, 03:39:26 PM »
this might not be funny but i laughed anyway... it's a bearded dragon in a sink

I do not know how many times I played this lizard treadmill vid. I showed it to both kids (hell, it is clean).

I laughed, but I am not sure why. This may be reality, but it is a decent example of "fine comedy."  I mean pure comedy, made from real life, with no bounds.
 :clap:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4529 on: May 29, 2010, 10:38:37 PM »