Author Topic: Has anyone figured out what the OKCupid dating persona variables mean?  (Read 11330 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
OK, totally random, but Google would have me think nobody in the whole big wide internets knows this save for the OKCupid smart people, and that seems kind of strange.

http://www.okcupid.com/oktest

All I've been able to figure for sure is that "dreamer" (instead of "master") means you haven't slept with very many people- someone in my age demographic stays a "dreamer" until they've slept with 11 people, I think.  It changes a little with age.  Then again, I gave up after that because I was getting sick of it.

Can't help but think that if any site will have someone else who's wasted an hour trying to crack a variable on that test, it'll be this one.   :laugh:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

ozymandias

Re: Has anyone figured out what the OKCupid dating persona variables mean?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 06:46:28 PM »
OK, totally random, but Google would have me think nobody in the whole big wide internets knows this save for the OKCupid smart people, and that seems kind of strange.

All I've been able to figure for sure is that "dreamer" (instead of "master") means you haven't slept with very many people- someone in my age demographic stays a "dreamer" until they've slept with 11 people, I think.  It changes a little with age.  Then again, I gave up after that because I was getting sick of it.

Can't help but think that if any site will have someone else who's wasted an hour trying to crack a variable on that test, it'll be this one.   :laugh:

I went on that site to do a quiz some time ago and foolishly I gave out my email address and stuff and I'v been spammed big time ever since.   :grrr:

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 08:31:45 PM »
I've only slept with 8 people and I've been classified as a Master... 
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »
I've only slept with 8 people and I've been classified as a Master... 
Jeez, what the hell... then it is how many people you've done sub-sex stuff with?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 02:24:04 AM »

Deliberate Gentle Love Master (DGLM)

Appreciated for your kindness and envied for all your experience, you are The Maid of Honor.   

Charismatic, affectionate, and terrific in relationships, you are what many guys would call a "perfect catch"--and you probably have many admirers, each wishing to capture your long-term love. You're careful, extra careful, because the last thing you want is to hurt anyone. Especially some poor boy whose only crime was liking you.   

We've deduced you're fully capable of a dirty fling, but you do feel that post-coital attachment after hooking up. So, conscientious person that you are, you do your best to reserve physical affection for those you respect...so you can respect yourself.   

Your biggest negative is the byproduct of your careful nature: indecision. You're just as slow rejecting someone as you are accepting them.     

Your exact female opposite: 

Half-Cocked

Random Brutal Sex Dreamer 

Always avoid:  The False Messiah (DBLM), The 5-Night Stand (DBSM), The Vapor Trail (RBLM), The Bachelor (DGSM) 

Consider:  The Gentleman (DGLM),  someone just like you. 

Link:  The Online Dating Persona Test

I haven't had many sexual partners and I'm a Master rather than a Dreamer, so it must be something else.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 02:26:54 AM »
The BachelorDeliberate Gentle Sex Master (DGSM)

I didn't have more than 8 partners.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:44:02 AM by Alex179 »
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 10:03:20 AM »
Ahh, nuts.  So much for science.  There must be other mitigating variables in there for dreamer vs. master besides bedpost notches.

eris

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:04:27 AM »
This is a good thread, and for once Im bumping something usefull :)

and WTF was up with the question of if you wanted your mom or dad to catch you masturbating. I had no idea how to answer as both are equally horrible ideas. I wrote my mom just becuase I dont think she would be as horrified as my dad would be:D

and HA, look at my results.

Genghis Khunt

Random Brutal Sex Master (RBSM)

We almost called you Brutus the Uterus and attached this picture:

brutus the uterus

But we figured you wouldn’t understand, and rightly so. We don’t understand either. So you are Genghis Khunt: master of man, bringer of pain—riding your way to conquest after conquest.

Your sexual avarice is legendary. You’ve already had an unusually high amount of experience, and, still you look for more. You intimidate many. You make no apologies.

Personality-wise, you’re carefree and relatively easy-going. You don’t plan things out ahead of time; you tend to live in the moment. Of course, this can cause some damage when the moment happens to include a screaming orgasm with his younger brother. Hence the ‘brutal’ tag we’ve given you.

But you know what, take five seconds to lock the doors, and you’ll be fine. There’s nothing wrong with a little sex, or a whole lot.

Your exact female opposite:

The Sonnet (Deliberate Gentle Love Dreamer)

Consider:

The 5-Night Stand (DBSM) The Hornivore (RBSM) The Playboy (RGSM)

Always Avoid:

The Slow Dancer (DGLD)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:22:28 AM by eris »

eris

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 09:25:10 PM »
So I decied to actally join that OK cupid site everyone has been talking about so much ( here and everywhere)

And I was totally honest filling out my profile. Told them about my ASPD and ASD and how I am misanthropic and unmotivated and hate hippys. I did get a few "well who pissed in your cereal" responses but got bombarded just because I have a vagina. But then starting talking to a nice young boy of only 19 that not only lives in my city but lives in my neighborhood, literally 2 miles away. UH OH.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:27:01 PM by eris »

eris

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »
apparently less than 2 miles. And by his pictures he is recognizable, but I dont think I ever met him.

"so exactly where are you in Wash ? "

"by the shop n save"

"I can see shop and save out of my window"

:O
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:41:14 PM by eris »

eris

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 07:35:20 PM »
Well he seems nice, actually :D Met him up the street today for a talk.

turns out i HAVE met him, is a bus boy at some restaurant I go to but never talked to him before.

Wow I move fast huh :D Yeah Ill probably see him again

I seriously did not even open the account till I read this thread lol

yeah I am aware you all don't care and are not  reading :DI like talking to myself it is like my diary sometimes here lol

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »
OKCupid freaks me out. Some of the guys on it are totally useless. I think some of them are less socially able than me. I've had guys just randomly write to me, asking to meet up, and guys who message me just saying "HI" or "whats up"

I can almost cope with people wanting to talk to me, but they really should have something to say. Something that lets me know that they might be interesting people. I hate people who want to speak to me, but expect me to make the conversation with them. Even if they just ask me stuff about myself, that's OK.
Same applies in real life. I cant stand guys who start a conversation with me, and then stand there silent when I dont come up with stuff to say to them. If they've nothing interesting to say, and they're not interested in finding anything out about me, they really shouldn't speak to me in the first place.

eris

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »
yes everyone just said " hi whats up" or "wow why are you so angry"...

:S

Honestly I think that is all this boy said was hello but I noticed he lived in my neighborhood was only 19 and was kinda cute so i engaged in conversation :D Luckily I dont think he is that boring.

Its funny tho, Ive only been dating on collarme, where everything is so sexual. and now everything is so like pure i dont know how to handle it lol. I dont even know if this boy has fetishes.. we just talked about how we both hate society
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:26:41 PM by eris »

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 09:38:53 PM »
OKCupid freaks me out. Some of the guys on it are totally useless. I think some of them are less socially able than me. I've had guys just randomly write to me, asking to meet up, and guys who message me just saying "HI" or "whats up"

I can almost cope with people wanting to talk to me, but they really should have something to say. Something that lets me know that they might be interesting people. I hate people who want to speak to me, but expect me to make the conversation with them. Even if they just ask me stuff about myself, that's OK.
Same applies in real life. I cant stand guys who start a conversation with me, and then stand there silent when I dont come up with stuff to say to them. If they've nothing interesting to say, and they're not interested in finding anything out about me, they really shouldn't speak to me in the first place.

There's a lot complete dorks on OKStupid who just follows where their penises points to. :orly:

eris

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 09:43:48 PM »
I have noticed everyone is really really careful to mention how normal and stable and goal-oriented they are in their profiles. Saying they have jobs and are very motivated and intent on self-improvement. I can only assume this is to appear normal to woman.

Makes me puke