Author Topic: Has anyone figured out what the OKCupid dating persona variables mean?  (Read 11329 times)

eris

Re: Has anyone figured out what the OKCupid dating persona variables mean?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »
Also, I am used to reading collarme profiles, that normally consist of something like " tie me up and take a dump on my chest plz"

maybe that is where I am being confused

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 09:47:39 PM »
I have noticed everyone is really really careful to mention how normal and stable and goal-oriented they are in their profiles. Saying they have jobs and are very motivated and intent on self-improvement. I can only assume this is to appear normal to woman.

Makes me puke

Did Calandale ask you if you "wanna cyber?  :zoinks: "

He's supposed to have an account there.

eris

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 09:53:49 PM »
no, but I had about 30 boys say "hi" and about 15 boys say " WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU"

:D

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 04:16:51 AM »
no, but I had about 30 boys say "hi" and about 15 boys say " WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU"

:D

:rofl:

Sounds like interesting trolling ground.  :orly:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 04:22:44 AM »
I have noticed everyone is really really careful to mention how normal and stable and goal-oriented they are in their profiles. Saying they have jobs and are very motivated and intent on self-improvement. I can only assume this is to appear normal to woman.

Makes me puke

Plenty of Fish = Plenty of Yobbos

OK Cupid = OK Overintellectual Wankers

Lots of virginal geeks on there though, yessah, just the kinda guys I have to begrudgingly settle for :-\

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 04:27:19 AM »

Makes me puke

Sorry , my pommy brain is spinning at your aussie slang  :autism: is "Yobbo" the same as a "Yob"?
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 04:30:50 AM »

Makes me puke

Sorry , my pommy brain is spinning at your aussie slang  :autism: is "Yobbo" the same as a "Yob"?

Pretty much, but it has a similar meaning to "bogan" in Australia too.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 05:24:52 AM »

Makes me puke

What's bogan?  :-[

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 05:37:26 AM »

Makes me puke

This is a bogan

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 05:58:27 AM »

Makes me puke

This is a bogan

Ah ok.  :lol:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 06:22:06 AM »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

eris

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 04:31:06 PM »
I've had guys just randomly write to me, asking to meet up, and guys who message me just saying "HI" or "whats up"

I am one of those people asking to meet up usually :S I do not mean immediately and I have a system. I chat with someone over a varied amount of time. Maybe just a few days, depends on the conversations and lengths of such conversations, etc WITH webcam verification, etc etc. I plan to meet them in a public place. Then I call them on the telephone and talk to them for a few minutes soon before we are to meet in person. This is the horrible part. I hate talking on the telephone dreadfully. Then I go meet them and various things happen.

Also, Ive met people online in situation like giving away kittens, and selling a guitar and stuff like that. Seems like people are much less uptight about those things.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 04:45:38 PM »
I've had guys just randomly write to me, asking to meet up, and guys who message me just saying "HI" or "whats up"

I am one of those people asking to meet up usually :S I do not mean immediately and I have a system. I chat with someone over a varied amount of time. Maybe just a few days, depends on the conversations and lengths of such conversations, etc WITH webcam verification, etc etc. I plan to meet them in a public place. Then I call them on the telephone and talk to them for a few minutes soon before we are to meet in person. This is the horrible part. I hate talking on the telephone dreadfully. Then I go meet them and various things happen.

Also, Ive met people online in situation like giving away kittens, and selling a guitar and stuff like that. Seems like people are much less uptight about those things.

I meant people who I'd never spoke to before would just PM me, and ask me if I wanted to meet them :zombiefuck:

I know what you mean about talking on the phone. I hate it too. I sometimes get my little sister to make phonecalls for me :-[

I was only on the dating sites to keep my friend happy. I really didn't want to meet anyone. I was single, and she thought that bothered me, so she would try and help me meet guys. All kinda fun, but totally stupid. Thankfully she's kinda stopped hassling me now.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 04:55:32 PM »

Makes me puke

This is a bogan

Ah ok.  :lol:

Looks a lot like a redneck from the 80's. :zoinks:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 08:03:56 PM »
^There are loads of bogans like that around where I live. :D
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae