Author Topic: Warning to all the parents on here  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Warning to all the parents on here
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2008, 05:12:01 PM »
I'm aware of AI research but I'm not aware of any computers that manage to learn independently. Most experiments with regards to AI involve little more than complex algorythms that somewhat simulate independent thinking but never approach the real thing.
What real thing?
You think the brain does anything more special than pattern recognition or something?

What lacks in current attempts to produce AI is the computer being able to make its own decisions. Computers thusfar have failed to do anything but that which man tells them to.
[/quote]
As an example...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7549059.stm
If you are really into this sort of stuff, Kurzweil has written some pretty good books on it I hear :)

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 03:24:09 AM »
Promising.... very promising.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2008, 03:28:47 AM »
People should be taught to open up their minds and to think rationally. It's the best way to fight ignorance and the best way to preserve peace and justice.
Gotta be careful about how open your mind is though. If it's too open, any old crap can fall in and you might not get it out again. Just a thought.  ;D

It all depends on whether or not you process your data logically.
[/quote] :orly:Well, you know the old saying "Garbage In, Garbage Out".  :evillaugh: