Author Topic: Warning to all the parents on here  (Read 1205 times)

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
Re: Warning to all the parents on here
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 04:30:52 AM »
The debate about nature and nurture still continues in sociological circles, as far as I am aware.

The debate deals with the significance of nature's influence and the significance of nurture's influence as it is still unclear how much nurture can influence genetically determined traits. Only idiots still believe that ONLY nature or ONLY nurture are involved.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 07:06:02 AM »
Only idiots still believe that ONLY nature or ONLY nurture are involved.

You might view them as idiots. I certainly think they are mistaken, but many intelligent and otherwise admirable people can be mistaken on one thing or another. Come, surely you don't honestly believe that you never make mistakes? :) Even uninformed and silly ones.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 07:19:57 AM »

Kind of like my estimation of WHY some old mothers were accused of being "refrigerator moms" in order to explain why their children are autistic. What about the possibility that those moms were autistic as well and those specific difficulties led them to other problems, resulting in being accused of such "refrigerator" behavior.

A balance of thought has not been reached.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 07:22:31 AM »
Heck, I don't even think an autistic woman would need other problems in order to be viewed as cold and distant by the ignorant people around her, regardless of how loving she actually was.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 08:55:10 AM »

You might view them as idiots. I certainly think they are mistaken, but many intelligent and otherwise admirable people can be mistaken on one thing or another. Come, surely you don't honestly believe that you never make mistakes? :) Even uninformed and silly ones.

The claims that ONLY nature or ONLY nurture are involved make no sense whatsoever and are contradicted by all the scientific evidence. Either you must be an idiot or a brainwashed lemming if you take this as a fact.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 11:22:50 AM »
Ya know, Illusion, ignorance is not always a sin.

Yours or anyone else's.

You don't have to run in such terror from the concept.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 02:00:20 PM »

The claims that ONLY nature or ONLY nurture are involved make no sense whatsoever and are contradicted by all the scientific evidence. Either you must be an idiot or a brainwashed lemming if you take this as a fact.

I think you are not reading my posts properly. I am of the position that it is a mixture of nature and nurture :green:

I've bent over backwards not to insult you because plenty here are doing so already. So here you go insulting me from what you presume is my position when if you had actually read what I posted you surely would not have made this mistake about my position.

If you wish me to take you seriously, then at least read what I have said - I have been quite clear :green:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:03:23 PM by Nocturnalist! »

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 04:05:37 AM »

Yours or anyone else's.

Ignorance is dangerous. Ignorance turns people into gullible and prejudiced pawns of the establishment, eager to trample on anyone who falls outside of the box. The more ignorant the masses, the more cruel, violent and degenerate they become.

The purest idealism is unconsciously equivalent to the deepest knowledge.

I think you are not reading my posts properly. I am of the position that it is a mixture of nature and nurture :green:

Like you said, it was pretty obvious what you meant so I figured it was clear that the "you" was a general "you" and not a reference to the individual known on this forum as Nocturnalist! An Englishman would say something like "Either one must be an idiot or a brainwashed lemming if one takes this as a fact". I prefer the more modern use of the word "you" instead of "one" although in cases like this it might be confusing.

I have no intent to insult you. Don't judge me on a misinterpretation of my words.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:07:51 AM by IlluSionS667 »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 07:01:02 AM »

Yours or anyone else's.

Ignorance is dangerous.

True, however, ignorance is also natural - nobody is born with full knowledge of everything. And you villify it to an irrational degree, to the point where it clouds your judgment and fucks up your communication.

Hint: anytime your brain thinks something is evil, that's the time to examine it, not to run around accusing everybody of it.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 07:13:11 AM »
True, however, ignorance is also natural - nobody is born with full knowledge of everything. And you villify it to an irrational degree, to the point where it clouds your judgment and fucks up your communication.

People who're ignorant can't help being ignorant. They can help being hypocriticaly, narrowminded and prejudiced, though. As such, I mostly object to hypocricy, marrowmindedness and prejudice.

Hint: anytime your brain thinks something is evil, that's the time to examine it, not to run around accusing everybody of it.

I'm not a dualist. I don't think in terms of good vs. evil but rather I ask myself how dangerous someone's attitude or behavior is for the welfare of others. In my opinion, there is nothing more dangerous than hypocricy, marrowmindedness and prejudice. Hence, I object to such attitudes quite strongly.

People should be taught to open up their minds and to think rationally. It's the best way to fight ignorance and the best way to preserve peace and justice.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 09:11:52 AM »
I must thouroughly examine puppy shanking!
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 05:25:49 PM »
 :laugh:

Perhaps less applicable to those who actually have a serving or two of common sense.

Or perhaps that's the most important time to do at least a cursory check.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 05:29:09 PM by Pyraxis »

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 05:41:26 PM »
Pretty bad when you have to be the parent of your mom.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »
Like you said, it was pretty obvious what you meant so I figured it was clear that the "you" was a general "you" and not a reference to the individual known on this forum as Nocturnalist! An Englishman would say something like "Either one must be an idiot or a brainwashed lemming if one takes this as a fact". I prefer the more modern use of the word "you" instead of "one" although in cases like this it might be confusing.

Thanks for explaining... I was puzzled and did not read 'you' the way you intended. Speaking as an Englishman, using the word 'one' in this way is considered very old fashioned or snobbish in the UK... it not really considered common usage... although I admit I do sometimes speak and write that way.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:07:40 PM by Nocturnalist! »

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 01:56:39 AM »
Pretty bad when you have to be the parent of your mom.

You're the offspring of a man and his granddaughter?  How's that working out for you?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?