Author Topic: TheZach stop lurking around and step into the ring.  (Read 28370 times)

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
Re: TheZach stop lurking around and step into the ring.
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2008, 07:54:04 PM »
OK so when I send him a PM it goes to his email address and when he receives the email he will be able to view the callout that is here in his name as per the PM I send him.

Well, look at his profile... how would you interpret Last active: May 23, 2008, at 01:10:40 AM (BST)? Presumably he would have to log on to pick up a PM. Mind you, you seem a little mixed up with PMs and emails... if he has notification turned on, he would be notified by email that a PM has dropped into his PM box, but he'd have to log on to pick it up :yawn:

Just look up his profile and you figure it out. :-*

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »
OK so when I send him a PM it goes to his email address and when he receives the email he will be able to view the callout that is here in his name as per the PM I send him.

Well, look at his profile... how would you interpret Last active: May 23, 2008, at 01:10:40 AM (BST)? Presumably he would have to log on to pick up a PM. Mind you, you seem a little mixed up with PMs and emails... if he has notification turned on, he would be notified by email that a PM has dropped into his PM box, but he'd have to log on to pick it up :yawn:

Just look up his profile and you figure it out. :-*

Actually, if you have email notification of your PMs turned on here, you get a copy of the PM in your email inbox.

I don't know if he has email notification turned on or off, though.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2008, 08:04:17 PM »
Actually, if you have email notification of your PMs turned on here, you get a copy of the PM in your email inbox.

Lets just hope he has his notifications turned on then. Be such a shame if all Sir_Les' efforts went to waste, just because he hasn't logged in :green:

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2008, 09:10:12 PM »
I'm not gonna go into the whole Gestalt thing here, just because that would take more time and effort than I feel like giving it at the moment.

But as far as the earlier Zach/Sir Less boxing match on AFF, frankly from an observer's POV it seemed like you were both being pretty short-sided in continuing to argue with each other. No matter how many times the other said, "Let's stop this arguing", he had to get in a last dig-- which of course baited the other one into responding... so it just went on... and on... and on.... So I felt like thwacking BOTH of you up side the head with frying pans.  :green:

Sir Les, you are obviously more personable and easier to get along with initially.

From what I know of him now, Zach seems to be a nice guy, just definitely more reserved and more defensive. Why do I think this? Because it's nice to give people second chances. My first encounter with Zach, he told me to basically fuck off and go take my meds. But I got over it, and have discovered, while reserved like I said, he's not a bad guy.

And in the meantime, why are we arguing again? I've completely forgotten, it's all so silly. Wouldn't it be easier to pull up some stools, sing some pub songs, have some cyber-drinks and just get smashed??? :beergrin:
Flibbit.

Offline bob

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2008, 01:10:07 AM »
I would just like to let Les and nocturnalist know how much I have enjoyed reading this thread.

Thanks for stepping into the ring Nocturnalist, wonderful entertainment.  :clap: :clap:

Please....  do continue.

ummm Sir les  :hahaha: :lol:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2008, 03:47:34 AM »
I would just like to let Les and nocturnalist know how much I have enjoyed reading this thread.

Thanks for stepping into the ring Nocturnalist, wonderful entertainment.  :clap: :clap:

Please....  do continue.

ummm Sir les  :hahaha: :lol:

You have any family members called Bob, Nocturnalist?  :lol:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2008, 04:32:55 AM »
But as far as the earlier Zach/Sir Less boxing match on AFF, frankly from an observer's POV it seemed like you were both being pretty short-sided in continuing to argue with each other. No matter how many times the other said, "Let's stop this arguing", he had to get in a last dig-- which of course baited the other one into responding... so it just went on... and on... and on.... So I felt like thwacking BOTH of you up side the head with frying pans.  :green:

Well I hope you've accepted my resignation by now rather than getting a new frying pan out. :green: Less expensive.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:19:06 AM by Nocturnalist! »

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2008, 04:37:29 AM »
You have any family members called Bob, Nocturnalist?  :lol:

Actually yes in a sense, but he's only 4 years old and we don't tend to shorten his name to 'Bob'. I don't think that is him. :lol:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 05:31:22 AM by Nocturnalist! »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2008, 04:45:54 AM »

Lets just hope he has his notifications turned on then. Be such a shame if all Sir_Les' efforts went to waste, just because he hasn't logged in :green:

Again Mr Lion? Is this your default setting. "Oh then Sir_Les must be really upset....Hohoho"
The novelty has worn off. You looked like you were ready to make an impression and prove the righteousness of your actions and the nastiness of mine
So much for being a bulldog. So much for being the Lion.  :yawn:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:55:01 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2008, 04:48:45 AM »
I'm not gonna go into the whole Gestalt thing here, just because that would take more time and effort than I feel like giving it at the moment.

Sir Les, you are obviously more personable and easier to get along with initially.

From what I know of him now, Zach seems to be a nice guy, just definitely more reserved and more defensive. Why do I think this? Because it's nice to give people second chances. My first encounter with Zach, he told me to basically fuck off and go take my meds. But I got over it, and have discovered, while reserved like I said, he's not a bad guy.

And in the meantime, why are we arguing again? I've completely forgotten, it's all so silly. Wouldn't it be easier to pull up some stools, sing some pub songs, have some cyber-drinks and just get smashed??? :beergrin:

Probably a lot of truth in what you say. I take my hat off to Nocturnalist. I am a good baiter but he is a master baiter  :lol:

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2008, 04:57:46 AM »
So much for being a bulldog. So much for being the Lion.  :yawn:

Enjoy your bone, Rotty... mind you don't choke on it :clap:

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2008, 04:59:26 AM »
Probably a lot of truth in what you say. I take my hat off to Nocturnalist. I am a good baiter but he is a master baiter  :lol:

:congrats: That is an excellent pun. :lol:

See, there is no preferential treatment within the Admins at Gestalt :green:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2008, 05:57:38 AM »

:congrats: That is an excellent pun. :lol:

Sigh!  Thanks I guess. You do realise this IS actually spoiling my fun, don't you. Complimenting me or agreeing.  :thumbdn:
Even the Admin preferencial comment, Meh...whatever.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2008, 06:38:30 AM »
Sigh!  Thanks I guess. You do realise this IS actually spoiling my fun, don't you. Complimenting me or agreeing.  :thumbdn:
Even the Admin preferencial comment, Meh...whatever.

But it was a good pun, can't ignore that. :eyebrows:

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2008, 07:46:12 AM »

Well I hope you've accepted my resignation by now rather than getting a new frying pan out. :green: Less expensive.

Ah no no no no. Think of all the PAPERWORK I'd have to fill out. As opposed to a WHOLE CUPBOARD of frying pans just waiting!  :zoinks:
Flibbit.