Author Topic: Why I'm in Favor of the Death Penalty  (Read 755 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Why I'm in Favor of the Death Penalty
« on: June 06, 2008, 04:08:14 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/06/nyregion/06rape.html?_r=2&ex=1370491200&en=bc60cf51266f5a15&ei=&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Over many torturous hours, she had been repeatedly raped, sodomized and forced to perform oral sex, a prosecutor told a jury on Thursday. The accused, Robert A. Williams, 31, had doused the woman’s face and body with boiling water and bleach, forced her to swallow handfuls of pills and to chase them with beer, sealed her mouth with glue, and bound her wrists and legs with shoelaces, cords and duct tape, said the prosecutor, Ann P. Prunty. And now, Ms. Prunty said, he was asking the woman to gouge out her own eyes with a pair of scissors.

This is turning out to be one fucked up year.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
Re: Why I'm in Favor of the Death Penalty
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:29:56 PM »
Fuck lethal injection.  Anyone capable of that needs to be hung, drawn, and quartered.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:35:57 PM »
The state should not kill it's citizens.  This case may be clear cut but most are not and the chance of executing an innocent man is not acceptable. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 08:00:23 PM »
This case seems so clear cut that I would be willing to execute Robert A. Williams, but I don't think that he will get the death penalty for these crimes.

Here's another link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/21/nyregion/21rape.html?fta=y

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 04:45:09 AM »
Death penalty? If you wanna be truely evil, just advocate live human experiments on the criminals and prisoners of the world.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 05:41:45 AM »
I wish they would bring back the death penalty in Australia for scums such as that mentioned above. To be used in clear cut cases.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 06:03:56 AM »
If a cop shoots someone who isnt a criminal or commiting a crime in a state/country where they have the death penalty, do we get to execute the cop?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 06:08:57 AM »
If a cop shoots someone who isnt a criminal or commiting a crime in a state/country where they have the death penalty, do we get to execute the cop?

The death penalty in the US varies from state to state.  In Ct and NY it's kinda complicated with certain conditions have to be met in order for the courts to get it or even ask for it.  Other places are not so picky

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 06:13:56 AM »

The death penalty in the US varies from state to state.  In Ct and NY it's kinda complicated with certain conditions have to be met in order for the courts to get it or even ask for it.  Other places are not so picky

Yeah true, and I'm sure cops wouldnt even get anywhere near those conditions, in most circumstances.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 06:16:45 AM »

Yeah true, and I'm sure cops wouldnt even get anywhere near those conditions, in most circumstances.

Or the rich who have lawyers who make sure they don't get it.  Mostly it's the poor who can't afford an adequate defense.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 08:18:35 AM »
The death penalty is way too humane for most of these cases. Letting them rot the rest of their lives away in jail is way better, and plus in the case you have the wrong person, you can partially rectify the situation.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 10:41:28 PM »

Or the rich who have lawyers who make sure they don't get it.  Mostly it's the poor who can't afford an adequate defense.
If the poor deserved to live, they wouldnt be poor right?  ::)

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 02:18:41 PM »
Mr. Williams, who was homeless at the time of his arrest about a week later at the scene of a burglary in Queens, has a lengthy police record dating to his childhood, the authorities have said.

He was charged in a murder as a juvenile, though the outcome of that case is sealed, a law enforcement official said, and he spent eight years in prison for an attempted-murder conviction in 1996.

as almost is always the case the bleeding heart liberal criminakl justice system had him and let him back on the streets

The woman was returning to her apartment on Hamilton Terrace near West 141st Street on April 13 at 9:30 p.m. when a man who had gotten into the lobby entered the elevator with her and forced his way into her apartment,

as about normal it was totally preventable by not thinking it would never happen to her and being stupid and running around by herself

yeah hot young woman should be able to run around half naked and not be attacked, reality is they will be because some men are dogs, so accept that fact and look out for your own ass comes into play. i should be able to leave a pile of money on the dashboard of my car also, reality is I would be a moron to tempt somebody to not take it. To blow of basic human nature is being stupid, the woman was a fool for not looking out for her own safety better.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 02:22:17 PM »
On the Columbia campus yesterday, Jenna Komerin, a master’s student in arts administration, said that the attack had changed her behavior.

“I’ve never been worried about walking home by myself at night,” she said, “but last night I walked back from class with another girl.”

what a moron

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 12:16:35 AM »
Mr. Williams, who was homeless at the time of his arrest about a week later at the scene of a burglary in Queens, has a lengthy police record dating to his childhood, the authorities have said.

He was charged in a murder as a juvenile, though the outcome of that case is sealed, a law enforcement official said, and he spent eight years in prison for an attempted-murder conviction in 1996.

as almost is always the case the bleeding heart liberal criminakl justice system had him and let him back on the streets

The woman was returning to her apartment on Hamilton Terrace near West 141st Street on April 13 at 9:30 p.m. when a man who had gotten into the lobby entered the elevator with her and forced his way into her apartment,

as about normal it was totally preventable by not thinking it would never happen to her and being stupid and running around by herself

yeah hot young woman should be able to run around half naked and not be attacked, reality is they will be because some men are dogs, so accept that fact and look out for your own ass comes into play. i should be able to leave a pile of money on the dashboard of my car also, reality is I would be a moron to tempt somebody to not take it. To blow of basic human nature is being stupid, the woman was a fool for not looking out for her own safety better.

Where did the article say she was half naked, Johnny?

Would you still blame her for the rape and torture if she had been wearing a burka or a hijab?