Educational

Author Topic: Fucked up news stories...  (Read 990 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Fucked up news stories...
« on: May 09, 2008, 11:27:05 PM »
Post them here.

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Authorities in Texas have filed corpse-abuse charges against two men who allegedly removed a skull from a grave and used it as a bong.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office confirmed on Thursday that misdemeanor abuse of corpse charges have been filed in the case.

One of the men allegedly told police they dug up a grave in an abandoned cemetery in the woods, removed a head from a body and smoked marijuana using the skull as a bong.

Police found the cemetery and a grave that had been disturbed but are still investigating the rest of the story, officials said.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Fucked up news stories...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 08:44:18 AM »
I saw this story on Court TV yesterday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14738060/

Murder in the moonlight

A young wife out for a walk on the beach is murdered, and her wounded husband is the only witness. Was it an unknown robber or did he do it?

http://www.courttv.com/trials/barber/061206_ctv.html

Prosecutor: Man staged his wife's murder to get at her $2M life insurance

The capital trial of a man accused of staging his wife's murder to look like a beach mugging opened Monday morning with dueling portrayals of the defendant and his lifestyle.

A prosecutor told jurors in his opening statement that Justin Barber, 33, was a serial philanderer and failed recreational day trader who saw a way out of his debt — and his marriage — through his wife's $2 million life insurance policy.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 01:25:30 PM »
Wow, what a fascinating case.

Nowhere in the article did they describe the mechanics of what it takes to shoot yourself four times at the angles described, while acting out a carefully plotted murder, or whether Justin was evaluated for sanity. If I were on that jury, that's a vital factor I'd be looking at. Not just was this man capable of killing his wife to get insurance money or to get out of an unhappy marriage, but was he capable of the kind of detachment required to plot it out in that particular way?

Here you've got a previously strongly-professed Christian, straight A country boy, who's now busy climbing the corporate ladder, getting rich, and cheating madly on his highly moral and upstanding wife. I want to interview the lovers about whether the affiars involved BDSM. I want to know what is Justin's professed attitude to life and ethics. I want to know what else those internet search records turned up. I want to know from April's younger siblings more detail about what the surrogate parents fought about.

I don't buy it. Maybe he did it, maybe he deserves the death penalty, but they're missing some big factors.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 01:27:54 PM by Pyraxis »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 01:31:53 PM »
i know this is old news, but i'm still reeling from the horror.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7369851.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7382986.stm

(it's the austrian man who kept his daughter in a cellar, and fathered seven children by raping her).

i can't even begin to describe the punishment that fucking monster deserves, although i'd give quite a lot to get into his head and find out why he did it/thought it was okay to do it.

:grrr:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 01:36:50 PM »
christ, it's even worse - here's a more recent update.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 01:37:08 PM »
 :o

His wife Rosemarie had allegedly not been aware of what was going on.

Right.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 01:38:38 PM »
a lot of people have been saying that.  can someone be that oblivious without wanting to be?  of course, from the sound of him, she might just have been pleased not to be on the receiving end of him herself.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 02:06:36 PM »

Right.
Seems pretty plausible to me, Fritzl probably married someone who was unlikely to ask questions. Remember Shipman's wife Primrose...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 05:24:57 PM »
a lot of people have been saying that.  can someone be that oblivious without wanting to be?  of course, from the sound of him, she might just have been pleased not to be on the receiving end of him herself.

There's no way she could not be aware of what was going on, IMO.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 09:37:28 PM »

Right.

Fritzl had told his wife that their daughter had run away to join a sect where there was "no room for children". Officers are convinced that Mrs Fritzl believed him.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 09:43:53 PM »
How do you miss the construction required for a basement dungeon that elaborate though? How do you miss all the trips down there for food and sex and who the hell knows what else?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 09:52:05 PM »
i know this is old news, but i'm still reeling from the horror.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7369851.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7382986.stm

(it's the austrian man who kept his daughter in a cellar, and fathered seven children by raping her).

i can't even begin to describe the punishment that fucking monster deserves, although i'd give quite a lot to get into his head and find out why he did it/thought it was okay to do it.

:grrr:

Here is a timeline of events, with a picture of the doorway to the hidden cellar:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7370208.stm

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 10:17:04 PM »
I see in the second link, his lawyer says he was mentally ill and therefore had diminished responsibility.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7382986.stm

That's OK.  Sure.  Don't send him to prison.

If he is mentally ill...and thinks it's ok to lock people up in dungeons for 24 years and fuck them at will, then hey, he won't mind if we do the same to him...right?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 04:08:52 AM »
 :clap:

killing him is too quick.  as i said, i can only begin to list the horrors which should be perpetrated on that disgusting excuse for a human being.   >:(

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 11:52:48 AM »
I see in the second link, his lawyer says he was mentally ill and therefore had diminished responsibility.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7382986.stm

That's OK.  Sure.  Don't send him to prison.

If he is mentally ill...and thinks it's ok to lock people up in dungeons for 24 years and fuck them at will, then hey, he won't mind if we do the same to him...right?

I know that in some cases, being mentally ill and therefore not knowing right from wrong is a valid defense, but I just don't see how it can apply here.

How could he not know that locking his daughter in the dungeon for 24 years, raping her and impregnating her six times was the wrong thing to do? 

How could he not know that locking his daughter / oldest granddaughter Kerstin in the same dungeon until she was near death was the wrong thing to do? 

It just makes me sick.