• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
WTF?
« on: May 08, 2008, 11:51:21 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7389775.stm

Brilliant line from this article:
"Counsel for Mr and Mrs Perry said Mr Harris should have ensured his son, who has Asperger syndrome, did not go anywhere near the inflatable."

What a ridiculous idea. Pfft...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: WTF?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 12:17:55 PM »
precisely: since when is it someone else's job to be responsible for your kids' safety*?  fucking idiots.  ::)

*apart from when there's a duty of care involved, not just a bloody neighbour.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 12:57:42 PM »
I am always afraid of stuff like this you can sue anyone for anything it's even worse in the USA. Makes you want to have everyone sign disclaimers before yu do anything with them.

I did fin this quote amusing though  "He gave the Perrys permission to appeal because of the ruling's "potential significance" to anyone operating inflatable equipment."  inflatable equipment  :eyebrows:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 01:01:51 PM »
precisely: since when is it someone else's job to be responsible for your kids' safety*?  fucking idiots.  ::)

???

My question is of what relevance was it that Sam Harris had AS, and what should have caused his father, Mr. Harris, to keep him away from it?  He was inside the bouncy castle doing nothing wrong when a 15 year old turned a flip and kicked him in the head hard enough to break his skull and this caused a traumatic injury to his brain.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 01:11:58 PM »

I think they probably sued because the people had insurance, it wasnt like any major harm would be done by it. What I really take issue with is the way that the defendents lawyers trying to argue that Aspies should be supervised, and also the way the BBC has left that POV pretty much unchallenged in their article.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »
I am always afraid of stuff like this you can sue anyone for anything it's even worse in the USA. Makes you want to have everyone sign disclaimers before yu do anything with them.

I did fin this quote amusing though  "He gave the Perrys permission to appeal because of the ruling's "potential significance" to anyone operating inflatable equipment."  inflatable equipment  :eyebrows:
Did you hear about that court case a while back, which if the plantiff had won, would have required every US hotel swimming pool to put a sign up saying "please do not insert your penis into the swimming pool vacuum pump". Brilliant..

Offline jatos

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 01:18:44 PM »
Reading this, I am pissed off about the light in Aspergus Syndrome was potrayed.

Come'on, why is AS going to put you in danger on a bouncy castle ???

I don't if anyone heard the main BBC article, but apparently, the older where summersaulting (not sure if I spelt that right) on the castle. Forget the AS, if the older kids where doing things like that, wasn't it rather begging for an accident?

You know, this is typical attitude that some people have to Autism generally that really pisses me off! Treating as some kind of fucked up in the head people, well I am sorry, we are not.

ozymandias

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »

Did you hear about that court case a while back, which if the plantiff had won, would have required every US hotel swimming pool to put a sign up saying "please do not insert your penis into the swimming pool vacuum pump". Brilliant..

Thought for the day........................."There's always one more IDIOT than you anticipated".   ::)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »

Oh pump me :zoinks:

People are bizarre. 

If he didn't have AS they would have sued anyway.  Having a trampoline in your yard is enough to get your insurance dropped. 

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 01:38:57 PM »
The aspie should have been locked in, obviously. ::)
</irony>
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 01:41:49 PM »
The aspie should have been locked in, obviously. ::)
</irony>

No the other kid got hurt he should have been locked in. 

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 01:46:42 PM »
Inflatables all I can think of is this

[attachment deleted by admin]

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 01:47:05 PM »
Hawt. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »

Oh pump me :zoinks:

People are bizarre. 
I dont think the guy made that mistake again, half of the local firefighting precinct arrived to get him out/ laugh at him.
If he didn't have AS they would have sued anyway.  Having a trampoline in your yard is enough to get your insurance dropped. 
In the UK we havent gotten like that. Yet.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 01:58:28 PM »
Hawt. :P

you must be desperate, if you think that's "hawt".

AND it rather devalues your usual compliments.  you think i look like that?  :'(

i'm worse than i thought.  :bigcry: