Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: WTF?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »
Hawt. :P

you must be desperate, if you think that's "hawt".

AND it rather devalues your usual compliments.  you think i look like that?  :'(

i'm worse than i thought.  :bigcry:

How's your irony detector today? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »

AND it rather devalues your usual compliments.  you think i look like that?  :'(

wasn't irony, it was sarcasm.  :smarty:

she's bloody horrible, though, isn't she?  :puke:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 02:21:35 PM »

wasn't irony, it was sarcasm.  :smarty:

she's bloody horrible, though, isn't she?  :puke:

IT is.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »
Never in my most desperate days would I consider using one of those!    Rosie Palm and her five sisters were always there and gracious in their administration to my needs. :laugh:

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »
The way the article was worded, somebody probably now thinks people can get Asperger's from a kick in the head.  (Go forth into the world, and kick everyone in the head.   >:D )

So Aspies shouldn't be allowed in bouncey castles, they say?  So much for the idea of a massive I2 meetup at which we rent a bouncey castle for an orgy.

Offline jatos

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 03:57:11 PM »
Wouldn't the boncy castle complicate it a bit?

ozymandias

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 04:25:50 PM »
More bounce for the ounce!   ;)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »
Reading this, I am pissed off about the light in Aspergus Syndrome was potrayed.

Come'on, why is AS going to put you in danger on a bouncy castle ???

I don't if anyone heard the main BBC article, but apparently, the older where summersaulting (not sure if I spelt that right) on the castle. Forget the AS, if the older kids where doing things like that, wasn't it rather begging for an accident?

You know, this is typical attitude that some people have to Autism generally that really pisses me off! Treating as some kind of fucked up in the head people, well I am sorry, we are not.

Exactly!  It was the 15 year old somersaulting inside crowded bouncy castle that caused the accident to happen and the fact that Sam Harris has AS had nothing whatsoever to do with it.  I do think that the children should have been better supervised.

When I followed the link, I followed other links to find out more information.  I'm not sure if I actually read the main BBC article or not.

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 05:10:01 PM »
I bet they weren't limiting the number of kids in there at a time, letting so many in there at once that it was inevitable that somebody would get kicked.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
I bet they weren't limiting the number of kids in there at a time, letting so many in there at once that it was inevitable that somebody would get kicked.

:agreed:

My daughter attended a birthday party when she was in kindergarten that had a bouncy house, and the people who brought it limited the number of children who could bounce inside it at one time, which made a lot more sense than just letting a lot of rowdy big kids crowd in with the smaller kids. 

I think that the birthday party where Sam Harris was hurt was for eleven year old triplets, he was eleven years old at the time, and it was a fifteen year old turning somersaults who caused the injury to him.