Educational

Author Topic: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity  (Read 7824 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »
Those are very good points, PMS Elle.  I don't remember Odeon saying what Pyraxis said, though.

Odeon is not the only person who Calandale attacked.  Calandale also attacked pretty much everyone else who would not just let him have his own way in whatever he wanted, including Dunc, who now has left.  He even attacked Renaeden for posting in the locked photo thread, for crying out loud.

Now Calandale is throwing a huge tantrum at being ignored by a few people.  What makes him think that he is so special that everyone here must read tons of his bullshit, whether they want to or not?  For me, his trolling gets old after awhile, in large part because of that sideways arguing that you noticed.  You are right that he is good at trolling and getting people to respond to him, so now that he has Aspie Chaos to rule, maybe the people who actually enjoy his trolling can enjoy it there.  I think it is laughable that he paints himself as some sort of victim who was bullied away from here, when he is the bully who has bullied people away.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2008, 12:47:15 AM »
I didn't think calandale could be described as anything in particular until I saw the picture above.

I wanted to sort things out with him but there never seemed to be an end to any disagreement I had with him and so I gave up in frustration.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 12:56:49 AM »

yeah, but if he truly has something to say, why is he ignoring me if I am not ignoring him. He knows what grounds he and i can speak on, but he chooses not to speak.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

thepeaguy

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 04:58:08 AM »

No can do. I don't go with flows unless it's to my advantage. And why do you keep repeating the stuff about leaving? I haven't said anywhere that I intend to leave.

Why do I keep repeating? Because, like you, I'm a broken record.

Plus, it saves me from having to get too involved in this topic.

Same rules apply as always. It bores you? Don't read the fricking thread. Or hell, put me on ignore. The reason I repeat the same tired issues now is because I'm personally trying to make sense of them. And because I was asked.

I'll only put people on ignore if they're a bane to my existence. You don't come close.

And I don't need to read the entire thread to realise how shit it is -- reading the first few sentences from the first post helps.

Anyhow, I'm done with you for today.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 05:01:56 AM by thepeaguy »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 02:00:23 PM »
Odeon said at one point that he thought the remaining members were higher quality than those that left. Not only do I disagree about the quality, the whole thing makes me suspect that what he did was just to get rid of the people he personally didn't like, which I think is wrong.

Er, you've probably misread something I said, because I did not say this, and I certainly do not agree. I did what I did with the blabberizer because I was sick and tired of Cal single-handedly trying to kill this place and thought a more intense response was required.

I certainly did not do it, or install the ignore mod, to get rid of *anyone* (with the possible exception of Cal).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 07:08:55 AM »
Er, you've probably misread something I said, because I did not say this, and I certainly do not agree. I did what I did with the blabberizer because I was sick and tired of Cal single-handedly trying to kill this place and thought a more intense response was required.

I certainly did not do it, or install the ignore mod, to get rid of *anyone* (with the possible exception of Cal).

Cal was the one I was referring to.

I remember some comment about the remaining members being higher quality than the ones Cal led away with him, though I can't find it now. The rest was conjecture. Whenever something like that happens, I suspect deliberate intent behind it. I could be wrong though.

At any rate, you don't have to answer me if this is just going over the same crap all over again.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 08:04:23 AM »
Those are very good points, PMS Elle.  I don't remember Odeon saying what Pyraxis said, though.

Odeon is not the only person who Calandale attacked.  Calandale also attacked pretty much everyone else who would not just let him have his own way in whatever he wanted, including Dunc, who now has left.  He even attacked Renaeden for posting in the locked photo thread, for crying out loud.

Now Calandale is throwing a huge tantrum at being ignored by a few people.  What makes him think that he is so special that everyone here must read tons of his bullshit, whether they want to or not?  For me, his trolling gets old after awhile, in large part because of that sideways arguing that you noticed.  You are right that he is good at trolling and getting people to respond to him, so now that he has Aspie Chaos to rule, maybe the people who actually enjoy his trolling can enjoy it there.  I think it is laughable that he paints himself as some sort of victim who was bullied away from here, when he is the bully who has bullied people away.

I'd say 100% of regular posters on this forum can be classed as trolls, going by your definition. Many also have a faint resemblance to the illustration.
Callaway, you are a troll for sure, but I don't think that's a bad thing.
It seems in the spirit of this site and in the spirit of the sophist method, which this site endorses, to troll.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »
I'm not a troll. I am too boring and dysfunctional to have a plan like that.

I think you're pretty, though.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2008, 02:17:36 PM »

I remember some comment about the remaining members being higher quality than the ones Cal led away with him, though I can't find it now. The rest was conjecture. Whenever something like that happens, I suspect deliberate intent behind it. I could be wrong though.

At any rate, you don't have to answer me if this is just going over the same crap all over again.

I've seen it, too, but don't even think of considering whether or not that my agreeing with your statement should be an indication that I try the mostly worthless search function.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2008, 02:20:04 PM »

BTW

I did not understand his drift. I assumed that I was over-reading things and that infusing my misunderstanding would only cloud the at hand issues.

I decided to return to it at a later time, but not now.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »

I wanted to because that wasn't my intent. I wouldn't have if you'd been right and going over the same old crap again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2008, 03:31:37 PM »

I've seen it, too, but don't even think of considering whether or not that my agreeing with your statement should be an indication that I try the mostly worthless search function.

Oh, now I see what Pyraxis means... I wasn't referring to the overall quality of the remaining membership, I was talking about a select few in the Calandale fan club that left with him.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 10:09:09 PM »
Like I said, I don't follow politics a whole lot, but that's also the type of thing that you can say after any major emotional battle- "It's better that it was this way." 

Excellent point. That means I should filter for bias; it may not actually be better this way. I think what would have been best is if Odeon had drawn a line for Cal in such a way that Cal didn't actually leave - though I'm not sure if the leaving was a necessary part of the process. I think what would have been best is if Cal had come back and faced the music - though he doesn't seem to be capable of that at least yet.

Makes it easier to deal with havign gone through it.  But, I admit that's almost me trying to mind-read, which I shouldn't (and yet, up stays the post, lol). 

I'm not sure what you think I was "going through". But feel free to keep mind-reading if you like - I attempt it with most everyone. I'll just tell you if you're wrong.

If a new community of outgroupers was formed, the old ingroup would be their outgroup, and that new sense of community woudl prolly help the new group's cohesion. 

That's kind of what I was hoping for on Intensity - not the outgroupers perpetually moving on from site to site.

If this forum has become a new entity- either a stangated pit, an extended internet family, or anything else you'd like to call it- maybe the whole place is intense in name only, now.

My hope is that social/emotional ties don't preclude intensity, and actually improve it somehow.

mayeb the ignor button will go a ways toward more the type of conflict you'd want- not just pissing each other off, but actually interacting, not reacting?

I don't see how or why that would happen - do you?

he doesnt really follow the ideal of investigating and understanding one another's differences- which is nothing against him, but certainly somehting against making him a martyr for that particular cause.

True. The martyrdom is more on my part - I'm the one who insisted on investigating and understanding him.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »
Makes it easier to deal with havign gone through it.  But, I admit that's almost me trying to mind-read, which I shouldn't (and yet, up stays the post, lol). 

I'm not sure what you think I was "going through". But feel free to keep mind-reading if you like - I attempt it with most everyone. I'll just tell you if you're wrong.
  Oh, I still meant odeon might have felt that way if he'd said it.

If a new community of outgroupers was formed, the old ingroup would be their outgroup, and that new sense of community woudl prolly help the new group's cohesion. 

That's kind of what I was hoping for on Intensity - not the outgroupers perpetually moving on from site to site.
  Good point- I guess a lot of people never fit anywhere, or at least not for long.  :/

mayeb the ignor button will go a ways toward more the type of conflict you'd want- not just pissing each other off, but actually interacting, not reacting?

I don't see how or why that would happen - do you?
Well, my logic behind that hope is that if people focus less on people they consider to be tolls/spammers and more on people with whom they want to actually have discourse, the arguments that they'll have will be more liekly to be of higher quality.  Sometimes though if you read crap posted even by someone you know is a chronnic spammer and likely to be talking bull, it's very tempting to reply, and get drawn into an argument that doesn't really go anywhere.  Maybe the distinction I'm thining of is something like debate vs. squabbling.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

ozymandias

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 09:43:45 AM »
Interesting discussion.  I'm trying to think of things to say, but, others like JLPMS ELLE have said it quite well.  I also agree with a majority of what Pyraxis has stated.  Of course I also am interpreting that Pyraxis is starting this discussion to clarify things in her own mind.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way a number of valid points have been cleared and made.  To clarify my own position on Cal, I don't hate him, I just don't care about him for good or ill.  Thats my defense against getting my buttons pushed, as soon as I feel my emotions are being manipulated or enflamed I "withdraw" and stop participating in "fights/arguments".  I can't sustain confrontation very long, it's my survival mechanisms from the way I had to deal with shit in my own biological family.   I spent a lot of time and effort trying to get people to stop responding to his attacks, before the blabberizer and ignore mod were added.  But, there seems to be an overpowering urge to respond to things that I saw as "baiting".    I have the same urges as well, but, I also see an "accusation" or "name calling" for what it is.  Being called "a sycophant" "coward" , etc.   Did make me angry initially, but then my common sense took over and made me realize that those were the opinions of people who DON'T know me.  I'm not proclaiming myself guiltless in that regard, I certainly did my share of that.  Not exactly stuff I'm proud of, but, I'm not running from it either.

So in a nutshell, he has his own forum, running along the lines of what he feels is right.  Thats cool.  And he still has his membership here, and I certainly feel we'll be hearing from him and his friends from time to time.  Thats cool, too.  It's just nice to have a break from all the High Soap Opera drama.