Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 43156 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2006, 09:31:48 PM »
hmm and while we're on the subject: favorite, least favorite, most overrated fantasy series in your opinion?  Be it game, book, movie or whatever

Favorite: Wolfwalker series by Tara K Harper, and Ender saga by Orson Scott Card
Least favorite: hard to say, there's a lot of crap out there. But a personal pet peeve: dystopian science fiction from the days of the cold war, where nuclear war devastates the earth and a new society rises from the ashes that believes in communism and anti-technology, and the whole damn book glorifies this patently unfeasible society like it's the answer to all of humanity's problems.
Most overrated: Star Wars. By a loooong shot.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

peegai

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2006, 09:27:31 AM »
Since you like the fantasy crap, ever played the Fire Emblem games for the GBA? The Beserker class epitomises moi.

Nope, sorry... but a lot of games have a Berserker class, is Fire Emblem's similar or different to the classic huge muscular barbarian with a couple massive axes?

Pretty much, yeah:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2006, 08:55:31 PM »
pyraxis,
that is an amazing painting.

what are you pointing at?

Thanks  :). The girl's not actually pointing at something, she's reaching out to touch the fractal. Since my best mental model of the universe is an infinitely complex fractal, it's a metaphor about a person changing the world for the first time.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2006, 08:57:20 PM »
What are you good at?

Art, writing, and psychology. And hiding from the world.  ::)

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2006, 09:02:18 PM »
how old were you when you had your first kiss and what was it like?

Seventeen. My boyfriend at the time and I had been working up to it for a while... his older brother would drive me home at the end of the night because neither my boyfriend nor I had driver's licenses, and he'd ride in the back with his arm around me. So it was on my front porch. I remember him laughing on a different night, "You know, one of these days we're going to actually kiss each other goodnight."

I don't actually remember the kiss, the paragraph above is based on extrapolation and guesswork. So I guess I wasn't knocked off my feet.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »
When have you felt the most vulnerable?

Hmm... the most frightened and the weakest were two different times. I'm not sure which fits vulnerable better.

Most frightened would be the day in my junior year at college when I was walking to my first therapy appointment. I knew that in order for it to work, I had to hold nothing back and let a total stranger into the most heavily guarded parts of my mind. So I tried to prep myself mentally for that. Looking back, it just never occurred to me, A, that there would usually be a warming-up period where the two people learned to trust each other, or B, that it was possible to request a new therapist if you couldn't stand the one you were assigned.

Weakest, you'll have to repeat the question, to make me certain of your intent, if you really want to know.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2006, 09:14:18 PM »
how many chucks could a wood chuck, chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck, chucks?

I don't know, I'll have to ask Chuck.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2006, 05:53:06 PM »
Why do You think You got banned?
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2006, 08:30:37 PM »
I got banned? From where?

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2006, 08:33:25 PM »
Don't You know You where banned for a time by peegai for a time. :laugh: :laugh:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2006, 08:33:52 PM »
Nope, I was at work all day and blissfully ignorant.

duncvis

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2006, 08:34:43 PM »
AFAIK, peegai briefly banned you as a joke when you objected to the other ban (RobertN's). Eee, I only went out for an hour....

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2006, 08:37:27 PM »
Peegai is an asshole and not much else.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2006, 04:08:13 AM »
do you think that constant bullying in ones formative years and poor social skills could turn the most sensitive of aspie into an asshole, as a defensive mechanism?

if you answer even maybe, then shouldn't we be a little more forgiving, considering the circumstances?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2006, 07:55:32 AM »
Yes, easily.

No, because we're (almost) all aspies, we've (almost) all been bullied, and most of the people here have something more to them than asshole-ness. Even PostPerson had Christianity. Somebody fill me in on what Peegai has, cause I haven't seen it.

If I were really unforgiving, I would have said dump his admin status and don't give it back. But I didn't. I said I want more information and I'm not going to make a decision about it.