Author Topic: random drug tests in the work place  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: random drug tests in the work place
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »
i love your sig, Peter. :P

umm, i don't understand the quote. the disturbing quote.

This one?

The government has set itself on a collision course with civil rights campaigners and lawyers by confirming its intention to introduce mandatory drug-testing of offenders and people under arrest - and to axe the right of defendants to opt for trial by jury.

In 1999, the UK government was considering drug-testing everyone who got arrested, even if they were released without charge.  It also considered eliminating the right of people to demand a trial by jury, and instead leaving it to a magistrate to decide whether the case should go to a jury or not.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 12:16:08 PM »
Its fair, your going to have to do what your suppose to do Jman, be respectful for to your employee, otherwise you won't get a raise, and a piece of ass.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

richard

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 12:22:19 PM »
yes its getting harder and harder to get a job i can see, if you want to do drugs just quit right around the time you get hired and after you get hired start doing them again

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 12:28:31 PM »
yes its getting harder and harder to get a job i can see, if you want to do drugs just quit right around the time you get hired and after you get hired start doing them again

Some of them do hair follicle drug tests, which can tell which drugs you have taken and when in the past six to eight months.  That is the kind of test my husband had to take for a job.  I read that this was the reason Britney Spears shaved her own head, because she believed that she was going to be ordered to take a hair follicle drug test when she and her ex-husband were battling for custody of their sons.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »
Ok, mess up your job history to.

famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »

Some of them do hair follicle drug tests, which can tell which drugs you have taken and when in the past six to eight months.  That is the kind of test my husband had to take for a job.  I read that this was the reason Britney Spears shaved her own head, because she believed that she was going to be ordered to take a hair follicle drug test when she and her ex-husband were battling for custody of their sons.

Well that's one good thing about losing your hair :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

richard

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 12:41:28 PM »

yes, but dont only the higher end jobs do those kinds of tests? jman is going to be working at mcdonalds so im shure they'll just give him a piss test :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 01:08:31 PM »
Target tests so do many other low level jobs I always wonder where they get their workers
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 05:14:06 PM »

yes, but dont only the higher end jobs do those kinds of tests? jman is going to be working at mcdonalds so im shure they'll just give him a piss test :laugh:

Richard you fucking idiot, I actually have credentials and have worked much higher jobs than you'll ever acheive in your lifetime

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008, 05:14:31 PM »

What kind of job was this?

richard

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 05:32:02 PM »

Richard you fucking idiot, I actually have credentials and have worked much higher jobs than you'll ever acheive in your lifetime
:toporly:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 06:14:37 PM »
do any of you druggies know if you can take paracetamol with weed? :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 07:00:34 PM »

I had to be tested before I could start to work at Best Buy. In fact they give you only twenty four hours to complete the tests or your job offer goes away. I don't know if they do random tests, though. I really don't think so. Every day at work is a test in some ways. You could not get away with going slacker up there.

Some drugs remain detectable in your system for up to ninety days, especially pot. If you are a daily user of pot, it could take even longer to leave your system.*

Stopping the use of drugs far enough in advance of a test will get you by in the beginning, but a random drug testing policy, which I think is certainly a crock of shit/invasion of privacy could still catch you if you go back to doing drugs.

They only need a "breath-alyser" (blow through a tube) to find if you are coming to work drunk. Alcohol leaves the body within six hours, most of the time. The chronic drinker may have residual effects for several months after going sober, though.

*BTW, I was talking about a urinary test. If the take hair follicles or fat cells you're fucked.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:09:26 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 07:05:50 PM »

What would be the benefit?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »

:laugh:

yes.