Educational

Author Topic: Who Likes My Avatar  (Read 1170 times)

Offline AspiePride

• Frequent Poster
Who Likes My Avatar
« on: February 25, 2008, 02:20:14 PM »
Who likes my avatar
Normality Is A Myth

Sophgay

Re: Who Likes My Avatar
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 02:27:05 PM »
i think people complain about AutistmSpeaks way too much
they whine about it for the wrong reasons

Kosmonaut

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »
Me  :clap:  :laugh:

Offline AspiePride

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 02:30:54 PM »
i think people complain about AutistmSpeaks way too much
they whine about it for the wrong reasons

I hate them cause they want to kill my humanity is that a good reason to hate them??
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:35:52 PM by AspiePride »
Normality Is A Myth

Sophgay

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:35:26 PM »
i don't like them either
i didn't mean you specifically
i meant a lot of people i've seen on wp who complain about it all the time in the same way they complain about NTs causing all their problems. the main reason i dislike AutismSpeaks is because of all their bullshit, which a lot of parents/teachers/family members of autistic kids will read and believe.
most people who complain about it, do it because they're offended. because they don't like what's being said about autism, when they themselves are autistic/AS.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 02:42:06 PM »
:D

WTF?

I have had direct contact with these people.

They have treated me as if I had absolutely no knowledge of what is going on with my own two kids, even though I have spent the major portion of five years (No, it will be six years next month!) studying hundreds of books on the subject.

They wear the logos and they spout crap that is mostly designed around helping clueless parents to deal with the personal trauma of raising a retarded kid. My kids and I are not retarded. We are quite gifted in so many ways.

Someone needs to re-assess the definitions, please. We are doing OK, but we are not like you. Deal with it. There aren't that many of us and we don't want much from your world!

Give me a reason, quickly, why I should not despise them for every interaction I have had to suffer, especially when they crashed our school-sponsored meeting of parents, psychologists, therapists, teachers, aides and principal with their inane and trivial toys for sale to show us that "Things are going to be OK."
Of course things are OK! We are working this stuff out day by day and these people think they can dive-bomb us with their bullshit to sell and we will sniff up to their trail and be SO much better off. give me a fucking break!

*tries to slam the lid back on a can of worms, cuts many in pieces, trying*

(OK, I deleted my remarks but I went to find them in my browser cache and replaced them.   ::))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 04:02:10 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Sophgay

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »
Give me a reason, quickly, why I should not despise them for every interaction I have had to suffer,
there is no reason
I don't mean people like you
I mean people like the ones i constantly see on wp, going on and on about anyone who's views on AS/autism differ from their's in any way. the ones who think having AS somehow makes you a brilliant person and NTs are to blame for everything. they are the ones that get pissed off about autismspeaks, because they're offended by and they don't like what they've said.
i don't like them either, but not for myself. i don't give a shit what other people think about me. if some random group of cunts thinks i should be cured, or i'm retarded, or whatever else... fine. i don't care. The reason I hate them is because, if one of my brothers (or any other kid) has AS, i don't want their teachers or parents being indoctrinated by a load of crap on some site and allowing it to dictate how they raise their kids

i see nothing wrong with hating them for those reasons
but most of the people i see complaining about it are the fucktards on wp who jump on anything they see as being remotely critical of their view on THEIR autism/AS because they themselves just don't like what's being said about people like them

richard

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
i like it

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »
A little too hard to read

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 10:03:35 PM »
that guy on The Bill is the same guy that was on Casualty sometime ago.

the av says autism speaks it's time to fuck off. for hard of reading people.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 10:09:42 PM »
that guy on The Bill is the same guy that was on Casualty sometime ago.

the av says autism speaks it's time to fuck off. for hard of reading people.
I can read it, it's just hard to

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 10:28:40 PM »
I don't know anything about Autism Speaks.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 01:13:03 AM »
I don't know anything about Autism Speaks.

You're not missing much other than a mother who admitted on video she had thoughts of killing her autistic daughter..

Oh they are also major curebies who see autistic people as less them themselves, it's like the KKK vs the blacks, with the KKK being autism speaks and the blacks being us the autisitcs

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 01:56:12 AM »
:D

WTF?

I have had direct contact with these people.

They have treated me as if I had absolutely no knowledge of what is going on with my own two kids, even though I have spent the major portion of five years (No, it will be six years next month!) studying hundreds of books on the subject.

They wear the logos and they spout crap that is mostly designed around helping clueless parents to deal with the personal trauma of raising a retarded kid. My kids and I are not retarded. We are quite gifted in so many ways.

Someone needs to re-assess the definitions, please. We are doing OK, but we are not like you. Deal with it. There aren't that many of us and we don't want much from your world!

Give me a reason, quickly, why I should not despise them for every interaction I have had to suffer, especially when they crashed our school-sponsored meeting of parents, psychologists, therapists, teachers, aides and principal with their inane and trivial toys for sale to show us that "Things are going to be OK."
Of course things are OK! We are working this stuff out day by day and these people think they can dive-bomb us with their bullshit to sell and we will sniff up to their trail and be SO much better off. give me a fucking break!

*tries to slam the lid back on a can of worms, cuts many in pieces, trying*

(OK, I deleted my remarks but I went to find them in my browser cache and replaced them.   ::))

I can understand why you don't like them, DirtDawg.

I don't like their ads comparing the odds of a child being involved in a fatal automobile crash to being born with autism.

In a way, I like it that their ads have made it more likely that a random person has at least some idea about autism, but I don't like it that the idea which that random person has about autism is distorted, thanks to them.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 02:13:19 AM »
I think your av is cool. I find it funny.