Educational

Author Topic: Are you racist?  (Read 5558 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Are you racist?
« on: November 02, 2007, 09:37:25 PM »
Are you racist? Don't lie to try and be PC. Just be honest.

Please post details. I am interested in peoples views on this subject.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Are you racist?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 01:16:38 AM »
Wasn't when young. Thought only the really
ignorant were. But, after moving to Buffalo,
and experiencing the racism directed against whites,
as well as interacting more with the street life,
I became more so - expecting trouble from
gangs of young blacks, and even going so
far as to feel some real anger in general.

A couple of physical attacks, and being burgled
can go a long way to defeating naive good will.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 01:22:57 AM »
I try to take individuals on a person by person basis and not prejudge, but life experiences have proved thusfar that I must keep an eye out unfortunately.   I might be more prejudiced really than racist.  This isn't a constant thing though.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 02:25:16 AM »
I enjoy racist humor.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

duncvis

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 02:57:44 AM »
No, but I'm not PC about it. I loathe the effect of PC, which has been to create lobbying minority groups with a sense of special fucking entitlement, a fear of offending people and being accused of racism, and not being even handed with resources - that just leads to resentment. There *are* cultural behaviours common in certain groups in society which annoy the living shit out of me - like the tendency for gaggles of middle-aged Pakistani women to block aisles in order to bulk buy cheap stuff, miraculously losing the ability to understand English when requested to fucking shift it, for example, and the predatory attitude towards white girls shown by *some* young muslim men in my community (which the evil BNP cunts exploited to inflame racial tensions in the town). These seem to be balanced by equally annoying and antisocial behaviours in 'indigenous' groups though - I'm an equal opportunity misanthrope. I tend to judge people by apparent attitude rather than simply colour - the similarities between white, black and asian street gangs are much more noticeable than the differences, and ignorant cunts are ignorant cunts regardless of origin. So I'm cautious rather than prejudiced I'd say. The major difference I have noticed is that the Pakistani communities have a more collective outlook - i.e. they help each other out as a matter of course and support each other in a way that many English communities don't any more cos everyone's got so fucking selfish. I've been on the receiving end of this cultural genorosity a number of times myself - if I'm gonna have car trouble or summat I usually hope to fuck its in a fairly Asian area, cos someone WILL help. A (white) family friend lost her daughter in an accident and her Asian neighbours consoled her, offering support, bringing food round etc. You can't hate people who do things like that just cos they're different to you.

On top of which, I'm mixed race, so hating based on skin colour would be pretty illogical. Not that that seemed to stop my grandad, who was like a Black/Irish Alf Garnett. The irony was fucking hilarious. :lol:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 03:04:12 AM by Ass Fairy10 »

The_P

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 05:34:37 AM »
I only post racial epithets online to wind people up, but I don't think that makes me a racist person. I don't go out of my way to dehumanise people based on their skin. Besides, the term "race" is subjective. We are all of the same species called homo sapiens. The earliest ancestors of the human race were black, so it's no-one's place to demean those who are of the same species as us.

The sooner we give up notions of race, the better our world will be methinks.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 09:19:19 AM »
No.
But i dont like nigras or joos.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 09:31:16 AM »
Nah, just religionist :P

The_P

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »

I think religion's a waste of space as well. What they can never admit is that science is the apotheosis of humanity, not some guy in a priest's attire reciting the same fairy tales over and over again.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 09:36:32 AM »

I think religion's a waste of space as well. What they can never admit is that science is the apotheosis of humanity, not some guy in a priest's attire reciting the same fairy tales over and over again.
Exactly, though discrimination on the grounds of religion seems to get mistaken for racism these days.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 09:40:54 AM »
i'm with Pea, we're all one race in the end, it's too mixed up to make any real lines between people. it's more about culture and religion.

i think all races have something unique, physically... i'm fascinated with how people look, different races and stuff. can't say i've ever seen a race that didn't have a unique beauty about it, lookwise.

i would need a definition of racism before i could really say if i'm racist or not.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 01:09:19 PM »

I don't see the difference, at a fundamental level.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »
i'm with Pea, we're all one race in the end, it's too mixed up to make any real lines between people. it's more about culture and religion.

i think all races have something unique, physically... i'm fascinated with how people look, different races and stuff. can't say i've ever seen a race that didn't have a unique beauty about it, lookwise.

i would need a definition of racism before i could really say if i'm racist or not.

Not too fond of Innuits, to tell the truth.
Looks wise.

ozymandias

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 03:35:45 PM »
I don't give a shit about a person's race.  I'v seen an equal number of stupid black's AND whites, as well as a smattering of stupid asian's, jews and hispanic's. ::)

I'v also met a number of equally good people of various ethnic backgrounds. 8)  They're the ones I prefer to focus on!

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 04:14:54 PM »
I don't like Pakistani shopkeepers; all the ones I've met have been rude, shifty buggers.  There was one at a newsagents who we'd buy sweets from as kids, and he ripped people off all the time.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?