Educational

Author Topic: Are you racist?  (Read 5559 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Are you racist?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 02:40:16 PM »

GAWD!

I hope not. I despise racists!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 02:45:46 PM »
I am prejudiced, but not racist.  There is a difference.  Do any of you actually believe one race is superior to another?

???

Webster's:
1  : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race   
2  : racial prejudice or discrimination

How does being prejudiced not fit definition #2? 

I'd say prejudice is more common on a individual basis and can be seen as associating traits towards a person while racism is more of a collective notion the one race is superior to another.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 09:57:57 PM »
I have had friends of many races, I just thought of them as good people.

I have been annoyed when people from another country speak their language very loudly on the bus for everyone to hear. That just seems rude to me more than anything else.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 10:08:13 PM »
I've always took friends where ever I could find them as they were few and far between.  I have seen enough idiots of all races to last me all my life already they are the ones I don't like.
Racist no but I just don't like people in general as a race dogs are better :P
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 10:12:06 PM »
I have been annoyed when people from another country speak their language very loudly on the bus for everyone to hear. That just seems rude to me more than anything else.

I find it almost as bad, when they speak my language.

Soph

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 10:17:02 PM »
i don't care what race someone is really. i've had friends who were a different race.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 10:20:43 PM »
As have I, but I don't think that prevents one
from being a racist.

Soph

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 10:22:35 PM »
probably not.
actually some of the worst people ive met when it comes to being racist/homophobic etc are the ones who have 'friends' who are a different race or sexuality or whatever

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 12:51:18 PM »
probably not.
actually some of the worst people ive met when it comes to being racist/homophobic etc are the ones who have 'friends' who are a different race or sexuality or whatever

Perhaps it's from having them as friends that these people come to realise that the stereotypes have truth in them, and that there are good reasons to be prejudiced against certain groups.  I have Swedish friends who know from first-hand experience that the local Gypsies really do shoplift at the drop of a hat (they have some sort of pouch in those big skirts that they can drop things into), and that the Middle-Eastern, Russian and eastern European immigrants really do form violent criminal gangs (but they're friends with them, and are thus protected).
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

The_P

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
The DVLA sorted out some arrogant Hungarian neighbours today for not paying their car tax. Lmfao.

But anyways, continue.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2007, 06:34:57 PM »
probably not.
:laugh: Pretty much the same here...

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2007, 07:01:42 PM »
probably not.
:laugh: Pretty much the same here...

You know, this pisses me off more than the people who walk around with racial slurs dripping from their lips.

Collecting a few tokens  for show is very offensive to me. The last place I worked did this, officially, to prove that they were a well diversified company. It is orders of magnitude worse if you are using a pretense of friendship to collect your tokens.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2007, 07:47:06 PM »
Perhaps it's from having them as friends that these people come to realise that the stereotypes have truth in them, and that there are good reasons to be prejudiced against certain groups.  I have Swedish friends who know from first-hand experience that the local Gypsies really do shoplift at the drop of a hat (they have some sort of pouch in those big skirts that they can drop things into), and that the Middle-Eastern, Russian and eastern European immigrants really do form violent criminal gangs (but they're friends with them, and are thus protected).
Well I'm Swedish and I say that my local Gypsies OWNS a shop (they always have a large sale  :)), and Middle-Eastern immigrants are known for their big hearts and hospitality (I love going home to my Middle-Eastern friends!), the russians I know have a thing for drinking and making everyone laugh by telling bad jokes (And then they get laugh attacks which is almost impossible to stop!) and Eastern Europeans usually end up as goth and emo (nothing wrong with them really, well, at least not with the goth). Altough a few of them might be in gangs, I know more inbred Swedish guys that's in gangs.
Booyah.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2007, 07:48:50 PM »
I try to hate everyone equally, regardless of race or political/religious orientation.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Soph

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »
I hate the human race