Educational

Author Topic: Why Your Pranks Suck  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Why Your Pranks Suck
« on: October 28, 2007, 09:18:38 AM »
There's something missing from everyone of your(directed to all the whiney bitches who pitch a fit because everyone jumps down their throat whenever they try 3rd grade leverl pranks) half-assed attempts. A little thing called risk. There's no risk involved when you go after the weakest members on this website to get your jollies off. Anyone can do that. That's why it's not clever, impressive, or funny. Internet pranks aren't impossible, and require some effort if you want to come across as funny instead of some overaged playground bully. If you don't want to go through the work, why even bother?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Why Your Pranks Suck
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »
 :agreed:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:56:59 AM »
this is funneh.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:12:41 AM »
And apparantly hypocritical.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 10:21:42 AM »
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 10:23:10 AM »
Maybe I'm misreading, but 'twould seem your reaction
to Pea, was out of line, given what I see that you
expressed here.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 10:29:42 AM »
I pranked Odeon and Callaway, so I would hardly say I was picking on the weak, more like the over powerful

The_P

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 10:33:12 AM »
She made herself a target, and now she's sensitive over it. Lmfao.

Why did she even acknowledge me in the first place, anyway? Silly bint.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 10:36:16 AM »
expressed here.

It's not the prank itself, Peegai did something similar before, and I told him not to do it again. This goes along perfectly with what I've already stated anyways. Unoriginal people who would rather be hurtful than funny.

The_P

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 10:38:27 AM »
expressed here.

It's not the prank itself, Peegai did something similar before, and I told him not to do it again. This goes along perfectly with what I've already stated anyways. Unoriginal people who would rather be hurtful than funny.

It only takes a non-regular to find the light from the tunnel, everyone.

*snorts*

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 10:40:20 AM »

So, listening to other people's rules is taking risks?
Look, I'm mostly anti-prank, but I feel that the
recent backlash has gone WAY too far. People
voted pranksters in, and shouldn't whine about
what the results are.

Yes, pea aims to hurt. I'm not thrilled, but at least
he does it blatantly. There are others here who
are far more insidious with their attacks.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 10:55:15 AM »

So, listening to other people's rules is taking risks?
Look, I'm mostly anti-prank, but I feel that the
recent backlash has gone WAY too far. People
voted pranksters in, and shouldn't whine about
what the results are.

Yes, pea aims to hurt. I'm not thrilled, but at least
he does it blatantly. There are others here who
are far more insidious with their attacks.

It's not supposed to be taken as a concrete rule. I didn't vote for Pea. I doubt I have ever voted for Pea, and I have stated those reasons before. Again, you're missing the point. It has nothing to do with he prank itself. I let Pea know the first time that most of the people who used that word around me flat out told me they wished I was dead. People who joking drop nigga/er(same fucking word no matter what excuse they use)  more than once, tend to be more insidious than their more vocal counterparts.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 12:44:59 PM »
i have HAD it with this niggerhypocricy bullshit. people are allowed to say faggot but not nigger. shut the fuck up about nigger being such a fucking *horrible* word. i'm sick of it. i will NEVER say the fucking "N word" again, i will always say NIGGER as long as people use the word FAGGOT without getting bullshit for it too. FUCKING HYPOCRITICAL PC SHIT!!!
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

The_P

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
Friar Tuck, if you're going to get easily offended over whatever nasty shit that comes your way, then stick to answering questionnaires instead of taking on the big boys. You leave yourself open, it's fair game. Simple as that.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 03:43:06 PM »
i have HAD it with this niggerhypocricy bullshit. people are allowed to say faggot but not nigger. shut the fuck up about nigger being such a fucking *horrible* word. i'm sick of it. i will NEVER say the fucking "N word" again, i will always say NIGGER as long as people use the word FAGGOT without getting bullshit for it too. FUCKING HYPOCRITICAL PC SHIT!!!

I'm bothered by both. I damned near got
in a fight with someone over using 'nigger'.
But, pretty much any such derogatory term
bugs me.

I don't mind, in a joke. I do mind terribly,
when I think 'tis meant.