Author Topic: Why Your Pranks Suck  (Read 1099 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Why Your Pranks Suck
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 04:03:53 PM »
i get mad when there are different standards for gays and races and whatnot. like it's ok to be homophobic and not racist. it pisses me off. people say faggot all the time, just when discussing the use of the word. and then when people discuss the use of "nigger" they use instead "the n word" cuz they can't even say the word nigger without being accused of racism. that is bullshit. i mean i couldn't say "i think nigger is a naughty word" without being accused of racism. but i could say faggot without anyone paying attention. 'tis fucked up. it's one of those things that makes my blood boil.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 04:12:11 PM »
Well, if people said, "the f word," others would get confused.  :laugh:

I see your point though. Nigger was a pretty damned bad
thing to say, at one point. It's not such a big deal anymore -
mainly because black people took it for themselves, much like
Wop or Mic.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 07:19:43 PM »
it's the double standard. like nigger is worse than faggot.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 07:36:45 PM »
Racial prejudice is less acceptable today.
These things happen. I wish 'twere not
the case, but it is.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 07:31:22 AM »
i get mad when there are different standards for gays and races and whatnot. like it's ok to be homophobic and not racist. it pisses me off. people say faggot all the time, just when discussing the use of the word. and then when people discuss the use of "nigger" they use instead "the n word" cuz they can't even say the word nigger without being accused of racism. that is bullshit. i mean i couldn't say "i think nigger is a naughty word" without being accused of racism. but i could say faggot without anyone paying attention. 'tis fucked up. it's one of those things that makes my blood boil.

You're on your own with that one. I don't hang around racists or homophobes(this includes dumbasses that call everything gay), and instead of embracing one hateful tendency because of double standards( ??? ) I tell off idiots who use them instead.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Soph

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 10:03:20 AM »
faggot usedf to piss me off. it doesn't anymore though, there are worse things i've been called than faggot  :laugh:
i don't see why people should think racism is worse than homophobia though.
someone said on wp once that someone can't hide if they're black or asian or whatever, but you can hide your sexuality. but in some ways that can give you more problems; no one has to come t=out to their parents that they're not white, they knew that anyway and are probably the same race as they are. having to hide it is worse for a lot of people

The_P

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 11:06:30 AM »
I'm not racist. If I get hard at the sight of a black or asian woman, I would fuck her.

Lesbians too. :p

Offline The Racist Rapist

• Frequent Poster
  • Putting the FU back in fuck
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 04:19:21 PM »

Well, if you refer to nigger as the N word I don't think there is any confusion as to what you are talking about. I think there would be some confusion if faggot was called the F word though because there already is an F word.

And when it comes to homophobic slurs it seems like "dyke" is much less acceptable than "faggot." Why is this?

I don't consider myself to be a racist but the whole bit about nigger being an unspeakable word is bullshit. I've never heard "wetback" called the W word, so why should nigger be "The N word?". Is it worse to call a black person a nigger than it is to call a Mexican a wetback? Whenever I go play a pick up basketball game in the gym with some black guys they call ME a nigga all the time, and no I'm not black. Quite frankly, if they can call me a nigga, I have no problem with calling them a nigga back. Not out of hate, just playing.
I'm never offensive.

Soph

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 04:46:51 PM »
i always thought dyyke was more acceptable
id rather be called faggot though but i guess that for other reasons
i think its the history of the word nigger that makes people hate it so much.
for me i dont give a shit waht words people use for me, its the intent behind it that should bother people. if sophie called me a faggot i wouldnt be bothered because shed be joking, if someone hated me and called me something else (not as bad as faggtot) id be more bothered. actually i dont really give a shit if people insult me but you know what i mean. actually you probably dont but nvermind

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 04:51:07 PM »
Yeah. I've always been troubled that any
word should have such an effect. Still, for
whatever reason, Nigger really gets me.
Maybe because my mom's family spread
it around all the time.

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 05:24:17 PM »
i always thought dyyke was more acceptable
id rather be called faggot though but i guess that for other reasons
i think its the history of the word nigger that makes people hate it so much.
for me i dont give a shit waht words people use for me, its the intent behind it that should bother people. if sophie called me a faggot i wouldnt be bothered because shed be joking, if someone hated me and called me something else (not as bad as faggtot) id be more bothered. actually i dont really give a shit if people insult me but you know what i mean. actually you probably dont but nvermind

I just hear faggot used a lot more than I hear dyke. Maybe that's why I thought faggot was more acceptable.

When I read friar tuck's post that was talking about how he hates that word I was sorely tempted to call him a nigger. :evillaugh: When I read cal's post about how he almost got into a fight over someone using the word I was sorely tempted to call him a nigger, too. Not because I'm a racist, but because I'm an asshole. :moon: Niggers. O0
I'm never offensive.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 05:56:01 PM »
Heh. I doubt that calling ME a nigger would
bug me.

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 08:39:05 PM »
Dammit. I have to be more offensive to bug you. Nigger. :P All right...

The next time you go to Chili's tell them that you want their baby black ribs.
I'm never offensive.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 08:41:10 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 09:18:20 PM »
Maybe it's because of the phonology of the word.
!!Super atomic enema!!