Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97912 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #6615 on: January 19, 2019, 09:43:46 AM »
Ick.

I know.  We were too hungry for anything other than Vern's wife, hot, fast and cheap.  Didn't even season it.  Predictably there are leftovers which I will season and eat.

I'm lost. Is "Vern's wife" a euphemism for something?

There was a series of commercial starting in the 1980's starring Jim Varney.  Somewhere along the line Vern's wife was described as that, although probably not in the commercial.

From Wikipedia:

Ernest P. Worrell is a fictional character, portrayed by Jim Varney in a series of television commercials, primarily shot on digital video (a novelty at the time), and later in a television series (Hey Vern, It's Ernest!) as well as a series of feature films. Ernest was created by the Nashville advertising agency Carden & Cherry and was used in various local television ad campaigns.[4] The only national products he promoted were The Coca-Cola Company's sodas,[5] Chex, and Taco John's.[6] The first Ernest commercial, filmed in 1980, advertised an appearance by the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders at Beech Bend Park, an amusement park near Bowling Green, Kentucky. The format of the commercials seldom varied.

The rubber-faced Ernest, almost always dressed in a denim vest and baseball cap, appeared at the door of an unseen and unheard but seemingly unwilling neighbor named Vern. The spots were structured in a way to allow the viewer to be "Vern", as Varney looked directly in the camera whenever Vern was addressed. Ernest's seemingly pointless conversations with Vern – which were actually a monologue due to Vern never responding – inevitably rambled around to a favorable description of the sponsor's product, followed by his signature close, "KnowhutImean?"[7] While Vern is never shown to ever say anything, it is implied that he finds Ernest to be an unwelcome pest due to him trying to slam his door in Ernest's face on a few occasions. Vern also shakes his head "No" whenever Ernest invites him to do something. Ernest, despite having good intentions, is utterly oblivious to Vern's apparent distress regarding him and always regards Vern as his closest buddy and confidant.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6616 on: January 20, 2019, 12:12:38 AM »
Thanks QV.

Never heard of that ad.

We only have ads like this in Straya:

“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6617 on: January 20, 2019, 12:23:40 AM »
I will have to look up a date if you doubt me, but Jim Varney died many years ago.
He was a part of the hillbilly, redneck comedy circuit I was a part of supporting with my old PA gear and (since I was so damn rich) charity/benefit events.
Jim is long gone. A super kind soul!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6618 on: January 20, 2019, 12:28:29 AM »

Eating chocolate and packing a V8, getting ready for a long excursion in the cold in about half an hour.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6619 on: January 22, 2019, 09:16:16 AM »

Eating chocolate and packing a V8, getting ready for a long excursion in the cold in about half an hour.

You have some work to do on your choccies. Your beer is world leading but your chocolate is shite.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6620 on: January 22, 2019, 10:46:18 AM »

You have some work to do on your choccies. Your beer is world leading but your chocolate is shite.

So many assumptions, so little time.
Not everyone likes hard dark chocolate. Some actually enjoy milder milk chocolates. I like both.
On that particular night I was enjoying Brazilian chocolate.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:48:11 AM by DirtDawg »

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6621 on: January 22, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »
The Belgians and the Swiss both make some very nice chocolate. Both dark and milk. Chocolate and lollies/candy are almost always being discounted these days so I just buy whatever is good value on the day. Seems like being obese and having all your teeth fall out and developing type 2 diabetes is less fashionable than it used to be.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6622 on: January 22, 2019, 06:29:21 PM »
Ham sandwich for b'fast

Fried dill pickle chips at the bowling alley

Oatmeal raisin cookie

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6623 on: January 23, 2019, 04:28:19 AM »
Crisps. Packets of crisps.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6624 on: January 23, 2019, 05:01:08 AM »
Going to have pizza soon. Hawaiian with extra pineapple. Because Domino's are usually very stingy with their pineapple.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6625 on: January 23, 2019, 05:08:14 AM »
Chips. Bowl of chips.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6626 on: January 23, 2019, 06:49:20 AM »
Honey chicken and beef in black bean sauce for lunch.

Baked beans (ham flavour) for dinner.

Yesterday I didn't eat all day since my wife and I were going to a seafood buffet last night. I ate so much I almost chundered.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6627 on: January 23, 2019, 12:33:18 PM »
The PR and I had oatmeal with peanut butter stirred in.  Had a sausage biscuit with my g'friend.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6628 on: January 25, 2019, 10:39:14 PM »
So far two hot cross buns (I know, way too early) and a banana.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6629 on: January 28, 2019, 09:09:37 PM »
A banana and honey sandwich.
Tek'ma'tae