Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 336265 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #18570 on: February 05, 2009, 08:03:54 AM »

Wow you really do have adventures.

No, this is not adventure. Adventure is a trip to the mountains, a fishing trip on the ocean, a picnic in the deep woods.

This kind of shit is me trying to live quietly and raise two honest children in an area that is changing far too quickly for me to even fucking keep up.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 08:28:32 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18571 on: February 05, 2009, 08:15:58 AM »
I don't remember if I mentioned it or not (it's probably a company secret, "classified" info, but fuck it) ...
Our store was hit by a team of professionals last month. They worked as a team, distracting all the floor sales people and stole twelve thousand dollars worth of Apple iPod products from our locked cabinets.

Last week another team hit us, same MO but different scum, and got away with six laptops which were on display.

About two weeks ago we were hit in the car audio area. They keep the "expensive shit"  way up top and the ladders, supposedly secure where only employees can get to the good stuff.  The crooks pulled the same shit, we have them on camera, but they know how to avoid being recognised on camera. They took nineteen -  four to eight hundred dollar, in-dash car receivers.

This town is changing so fast even the cops are baffled.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 08:19:41 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18572 on: February 05, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »
Whoa...I'm so sorry that happened to you, DirtDawg. I hope you feel better!

Thanks, Carla.

It doesn't really hurt. I've had a few breaks in my hands as a teen and I never knew it until I was much older and X-rays showed the healing scars.
I also broke a finger once (a simple God wrenching I would have thought, if I was the religious type) the day before I left to visit my father (after his first heart attack) with buttloads of construction/house maintenance projects in mind. That one hurt quite a bit. I just sat around with him and talked, instead of going crazy fixing stuff.

This only hurts if I try to move my arm. The doctor told me NOT to move my arm and she is absolutely right. I will not move my arm for a while.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18573 on: February 05, 2009, 09:03:13 AM »
Hope you feel better soon.  I know what you mean about towns changing ours is as well and not for the better.  Can't wait to move out to a more rural area.  As for your work those people travel everywhere as soon as there mo is known they are 200 miles away doing again.  Try and relax the best you can and heal
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18574 on: February 05, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »

We used to think of them as gypsies, but these fucks are a team of all age and demographic groups, purposefully dressed to not be seen as a team - some of them look about like me, some like you, some are teen-looking, purple Mohawks and shit, ruffian Viet vet looking hold-outs trying out cell-phones, middle-aged women looking at freezers, designer suited couples looking at fifty thousand dollar Home Theater systems ... etc.

They know what they are doing and it would not surprise me to find that these teams were the Kryptonite that put our biggest competitor (Circuit City) completely out of business. We are next.

The three guys who broke into my neighbor's house were just punks, though. Probably from Indianapolis, moving into the 'burbs for increased profit.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18575 on: February 05, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »
no.

i had to defend myself again

iwent too far

What happened?

Three assholes broke into my neighbor's house. She is an elderly widow with a boyfriend. She usually stays at his house in the country, but returns once a week to get mail, check out stuff, maintain the place and then leaves again.

I happened to notice activity over there and went over to inquire as to the identity of the "Angel"  who helped my wife with some snow shoveling chores on the day we had sisteen inches of snow. The "Angel"  with a Bobcat said that she knew my neighbor. I figured that there aren't that many seventy year old ladies with Bobcats going around helping women with snow removal and it would be easy to find out who she was and return some good will to her.

I walked right up into her screened-in porch, started to knock and the door was open -  I said, "Hello?"  then I heard a noise at my side just as a baseball bat swung at my head. I managed to duck enough and get my arm up to protect my head, snag the bat and came around with a bit too much force and hit the punk with my left hand in the temple. He went out cold, had not woke up, and was bleeding from the ear when the cops got there. I did not know at the time that he had broken my arm and another punk ran towards me out of the dark.  I stabbed him in the solar plexus with the end of bat knocking his breath out as the third punk broke through the back dooor and took off.

I only saw his black coat. The second guy was recovering and trying to run away and I hit him in the femur as hard as I fucking could with his buddy's bat and he was done fighting.  It was only about four minutes when the cops got there, because another woman walking by had seen me get hit and knew that "helen" would not do that, so she called the cops. Two of the punks are in police custody. I have had the entire neighborhood stop by. FUCK!

I have an air cast and a sling right now on my right arm. He hit me just below the elbow and fractured my right ulna. I did not know at first, but it got so swollen and purple that I went to the emergency room last night. I will be in the cast for four to six weeks, supposedly. It was not a complete break, just a hiarline fracture, so the prognosis is good.  It all happened so fast- -in the span of about twenty minutes.  I went in to the police station to make a docu-video of my statements when I was done at the hospital.
Four of our neighbors stayed with the kids while I went to the emergency room, but innedd them to go when I was done.

I got some sleep and I have taken an Oxycodone. They gave me twelve of them, but I don't really have any pain, unless I try to flex my elbow, so I will keep them for later.

We never even used to lock our house. This place has gone completely nutz!

I'm so grateful that you have those Ninja reflexes or else you might not have been able to defend yourself after getting hit with a baseball bat in the head.

The town that I grew up in has deteriorated also, I noticed when I went there to try to help my father.

My brother showed me crack houses that you wouldn't even know were there unless you drove by very late at night.

I hope the fracture of your ulna heals quickly and without pain.  What's an air cast?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18576 on: February 05, 2009, 12:09:42 PM »
It could have been worse. If it had been in Europe he could have been a suspect for beating the shit out of the poor thieves on top of eveything else.

Do you ever shut the fuck up about your obsessions?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18577 on: February 05, 2009, 12:11:39 PM »
I'm glad you're not hurt badly, Dawg. It could have been a lot worse.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #18578 on: February 05, 2009, 12:30:14 PM »
It could have been worse. If it had been in Europe he could have been a suspect for beating the shit out of the poor thieves on top of eveything else.

Do you ever shut the fuck up about your obsessions?

So it's not true? I hear that they're even worse about that shit in the UK than in Sweden, though.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18579 on: February 05, 2009, 12:52:06 PM »
What's an air cast?

I don't know about reflexes - I heard something move. I always hear stuff.

An aircast is an inflatable, usually considered temporary in their simplest form, removable cast. I can remove it myself, clean beneath it, keep the skin healthy, etc. then replace it.
The doctor said they used to use them only for transport after an accident, but they now make them stronger and use them for many simple fractures, although mostly for adults. When the injury is relatively minor the healing proceeds more quickly than it would with complete immobility, especially the after-care process due to less surrounding tissue atrophy.

A joint injury or any fracture that would require some reconstructive surgery to the bone, such as adding plates or screws, would still require complete immobility to heal properly.

I was lucky and my bones are still fairly flexible, apparently.

(Yes, I read the entire pamphlet, packaging, instruction sheet, indication warnings ... all of it.  :D)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18580 on: February 05, 2009, 01:00:52 PM »
I'm glad you're not hurt badly, Dawg. It could have been a lot worse.

I never thought of using caution entering an old person's home right next door to my house, but I learned something.
I was really stressed from work (  ::) ) and I was kind of "on a mission" to do something out of the ordinary to distract myself.

I should have noticed that their car was not there.
 :-\

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #18581 on: February 05, 2009, 02:18:41 PM »
Glad to hear you're still in once piece and that two of the guys got caught.  Will you be able to keep track of what happens to them?  Do you know how they got into the house?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18582 on: February 05, 2009, 02:47:30 PM »

Thanks.
Generally, due to the rights of citizens charged with a crime, I would not be allowed to follow the case, officially. That's one of the reasons they do a video testimony of my statement.  I could still be called to court, if one of them has a lawyer who demands it, but that would be kind of stupid to have an eyewitness testify against your client in open court, unless a lawyer thought he/she could trip me up and make me contradict my account of what happened.

Anyway, I'm not really allowed to watch. That being the case, I do know one of the local cops and another one is one of my neighbors who lives a block away in the other direction. I will get some inside info updates, I expect.

To get inside the house, they "jimmied"  the door with a prybar. That's really pretty easy with some of these old houses that have not been modernised.

I can't be completely sure about this, because I only caught a glimpse of him running away in the near dark, but the one who got away ...  I had the distinct impression that he was wearing black dress pants. I reported this impression and there were plenty of tracks through the snow.  Hopefully they caught him, but I don't know.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18583 on: February 06, 2009, 06:09:03 PM »

The number of hands used for typing seems to have little bearing upon the number of typos I make, but it slows me enough to notice them more easily, if I use one hand.

:D

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18584 on: February 07, 2009, 01:33:29 AM »
Wow you really do have adventures.
No, this is not adventure. Adventure is a trip to the mountains, a fishing trip on the ocean, a picnic in the deep woods.

This kind of shit is me trying to live quietly and raise two honest children in an area that is changing far too quickly for me to even fucking keep up.
:: sighs ::
I think I was trying to put it along the lines of something else then by the time I wrote it, it came out different. I don't think I should say anything else.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae