Author Topic: Sept 11 families  (Read 3339 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Sept 11 families
« on: September 06, 2007, 05:21:52 PM »
I am so sick of hearing about them.  Today on the radio (I listen a lot to NYC news stations) I heard that they were complaining about people not giving them support anymore. WTF it was six years ago yeah it was bad but get the fuck over it.  They piss and moan about everything the memorial, the building going up it goes on and on.  Lot of people have losses that are just as bad to them but they get over it.  Six fucking years!! People in my family have died in the last six years nobody is here to give me support still.  What do these people expect :grrr:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Sept 11 families
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 05:27:28 PM »
I would like to say the same about Diana. That was 10 years ago, and they still want shut up about the woman.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 05:29:41 PM »
I would like to say the same about Diana. That was 10 years ago, and they still want shut up about the woman.

I know what you mean and on that note, something I saw on B3ta that made me laugh- Princess Died:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 05:30:16 PM »

Yeah her too she's dead ten years and still it's news :grrr:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 05:30:41 PM »

I know what you mean and on that note, something I saw on B3ta that made me laugh- Princess Died:

:rofl:
 :plus:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 05:31:03 PM »

I like it
 :plus:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 10:46:48 PM »
yeah people lose people all the time, why are 9/11 people more deserving? i'm glad they were helped but it was ages ago. and every year people go on about this same stuff. hello, it's not the only tragedy in the world. in fact, the world's full of them.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline morthaur

• Dungeon Master of the Aspie Élite
  • Part of the Chaos
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 01:52:03 AM »
yeah people lose people all the time, why are 9/11 people more deserving?
Because they are Americans, and Americans are often spoilt babies about that sort of thing.

Can you imagine the reaction if someone starts complaining about the Anfal?  (Saddam's campaign of mass-murder against the Kurds.)  Folks would say, 'Oh, but that was in the 1980s, right? You just have to move on, get on with your life, don't dwell on it.'  Blah blah blah.  Up to 200,000 killed, and almost no-one has even heard of it, and doubtless most of those who have heard of it only noticed because of the Iraq War.  Who was paying attention at the time?

On 11 Sept. most of the world stood in solidarity with Americans.  And then, they got on with living.  Nothing changed on 11 September; the only thing new about the attack was the victim.  It is America's lack of experience with being on the receiving end of shit-storms that makes people so freaky about this.  It's like all these fuckin' Bush speeches lately talking about Vietnam, and our collective national 'trauma'!  What about the two million Indochinese we killed?  Who grieves for them?

Anyroad...

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 02:29:03 AM »
yeah. true dat. that's what i thought too when it happened. only thing different is the country. america has hurt a lot of countries, then it cries when it gets hurt.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Kosmonaut

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 04:01:27 AM »
it reminds people what a terrible and dangerous world that we live in, that we need strong leaders and opposing them would be anti-patriotic.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 04:47:33 AM »
People never get over a family loss so I don't blame them. If I died, I don't think my mom and dad nor my brothers get over my loss. But they would still move on and live their normal lives. Unless I was murdered, then they would be fighting to find the killer and have him go to prison and not give up until it's done.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 05:34:39 AM »
Maybe because I live in the NYC metro area they are in the news still everyday about something.  Yes we are babies about this sort of thing but maybe it's time we grew up

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 06:14:30 AM »
yeah people lose people all the time, why are 9/11 people more deserving? i'm glad they were helped but it was ages ago. and every year people go on about this same stuff. hello, it's not the only tragedy in the world. in fact, the world's full of them.

It's the historical significance, I believe. It was the first time in our history the mainland of the USA was attacked, so successfully.

Every other country in the world has been tromped over for hundreds or even thousands of years. We ARE the babies of the world and we are still teething, by the UK historical timeline.

I'm mostly worried that we, as a nationality, have learned an improper response during this lesson.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Teejay

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 06:17:44 AM »

It's the historical significance, I believe. It was the first time in our history the mainland of the USA was attacked, so successfully.

Pearl Harbor was as bad as 9/11, War of 1812 was worse, the USA was invaded by Britain and managed to burn down the White House.

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 06:36:44 AM »
People never get over a family loss so I don't blame them. If I died, I don't think my mom and dad nor my brothers get over my loss. But they would still move on and live their normal lives. Unless I was murdered, then they would be fighting to find the killer and have him go to prison and not give up until it's done.

:agreed:   I do feel for the families, just as I feel for any family who's lost a loved one.  It sucks.  It gets easier to deal with, but you'll always feel some sadness.  At the same time, I don't see how it's really "news" any more.  So at the same time:

yeah people lose people all the time, why are 9/11 people more deserving?
Because they are Americans, and Americans are often spoilt babies about that sort of thing.

Can you imagine the reaction if someone starts complaining about the Anfal?  (Saddam's campaign of mass-murder against the Kurds.)  Folks would say, 'Oh, but that was in the 1980s, right? You just have to move on, get on with your life, don't dwell on it.'  Blah blah blah.  Up to 200,000 killed, and almost no-one has even heard of it, and doubtless most of those who have heard of it only noticed because of the Iraq War.  Who was paying attention at the time?

On 11 Sept. most of the world stood in solidarity with Americans.  And then, they got on with living.  Nothing changed on 11 September; the only thing new about the attack was the victim.  It is America's lack of experience with being on the receiving end of shit-storms that makes people so freaky about this.  It's like all these fuckin' Bush speeches lately talking about Vietnam, and our collective national 'trauma'!  What about the two million Indochinese we killed?  Who grieves for them?

Anyroad...

A big fat  :agreed: to this as well.