Educational

Author Topic: Sept 11 families  (Read 3341 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Sept 11 families
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »
yeah people lose people all the time, why are 9/11 people more deserving? i'm glad they were helped but it was ages ago. and every year people go on about this same stuff. hello, it's not the only tragedy in the world. in fact, the world's full of them.

It's the historical significance, I believe. It was the first time in our history the mainland of the USA was attacked, so successfully.

and that's why it was such a shock to everyone. i was really pissed off and shocked. because it broke an illusion of safety. the war was always "over there", not over here in the west where people were safe. it changed the world in an instant.

but they are playing the victim card and it's not healthy or fair.

it wasn't just america that got hit, in spirit it was all of the western world. and it had repercussions that affected us all. the paranoia and violence. anyone dark skinned was suddenly a suspect. anyone with a weird sounding name. anyone "foreign" on a plane. it's disgusting what happened to the world, not because of the attack but because of the response.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 04:18:54 PM »
yeah people lose people all the time, why are 9/11 people more deserving? i'm glad they were helped but it was ages ago. and every year people go on about this same stuff. hello, it's not the only tragedy in the world. in fact, the world's full of them.

It's the historical significance, I believe. It was the first time in our history the mainland of the USA was attacked, so successfully.

and that's why it was such a shock to everyone. i was really pissed off and shocked. because it broke an illusion of safety. the war was always "over there", not over here in the west where people were safe. it changed the world in an instant.

but they are playing the victim card and it's not healthy or fair.

it wasn't just america that got hit, in spirit it was all of the western world. and it had repercussions that affected us all. the paranoia and violence. anyone dark skinned was suddenly a suspect. anyone with a weird sounding name. anyone "foreign" on a plane. it's disgusting what happened to the world, not because of the attack but because of the response.
The fear is exactly what people of the Bush White House want you to feel. I would suspect they had something to do with it, both the media and the actual event in itself. All for a bit of political score settling and some peoples personal profit.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 04:24:05 PM »
i agree, Hardyboy. and just for saying that i'll :plus: your ass. i hate it when people think bush was uninvolved.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 07:49:26 PM »
i agree, Hardyboy. and just for saying that i'll :plus: your ass. i hate it when people think bush was uninvolved.

Then again, with his apparent lack of intelligence, it's hard to believe he could have been involved.  I mean, the 9/11 attacks actually worked.   :lol:

richard

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 09:04:07 PM »
i agree! september 11th=overrated. fuck the familys, and fuck anyone who says 9/11, or wants that to somehow affect them personally. were you there spokane girl? outta here with that bullshit.

Scrapheap

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »
I am so sick of hearing about them.  Today on the radio (I listen a lot to NYC news stations) I heard that they were complaining about people not giving them support anymore. WTF it was six years ago yeah it was bad but get the fuck over it.  They piss and moan about everything the memorial, the building going up it goes on and on.  Lot of people have losses that are just as bad to them but they get over it.  Six fucking years!! People in my family have died in the last six years nobody is here to give me support still.  What do these people expect :grrr:

FFS we have blacks in this country still wanking about slavery over 150 years ago....

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 09:28:19 PM »
I am so sick of hearing about them.  Today on the radio (I listen a lot to NYC news stations) I heard that they were complaining about people not giving them support anymore. WTF it was six years ago yeah it was bad but get the fuck over it.  They piss and moan about everything the memorial, the building going up it goes on and on.  Lot of people have losses that are just as bad to them but they get over it.  Six fucking years!! People in my family have died in the last six years nobody is here to give me support still.  What do these people expect :grrr:

FFS we have blacks in this country still wanking about slavery over 150 years ago....
They are full of shit also.  Every body's been fucked over if you go back in history enough.    :'( :'( :'(My ancestors were starved out of their country by the potato famine I want money form the English :'( :'( :'(   It's full of shit 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 11:41:09 AM »

Then again, with his apparent lack of intelligence, it's hard to believe he could have been involved.  I mean, the 9/11 attacks actually worked.   :lol:
Rove or any number of his officials could have presented him it, it could have even been an under the table black op. The other person I would suspect is "Bandar Bush". Bush probably just nodded his head.

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 11:56:20 AM »

Rove or any number of his officials could have presented him it, it could have even been an under the table black op. The other person I would suspect is "Bandar Bush". Bush probably just nodded his head.

I don't dispute that could have been the case, but then I wouldn't really call Bush involved so much as oblivious.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 12:02:40 PM »
i agree! september 11th=overrated. fuck the familys, and fuck anyone who says 9/11, or wants that to somehow affect them personally. were you there spokane girl? outta here with that bullshit.

No I wasn't there when it happened. If I was there, I would have said so a long time ago. I was at home in Montana sleeping in bed when it happened.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 12:59:02 PM »

I don't dispute that could have been the case, but then I wouldn't really call Bush involved so much as oblivious.
I suspect he is brighter than he makes out, just not the genius needed to pull it off. Al Franken has some points to say on Bush's act.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 01:58:28 PM »
i think he dumbs himself down. i saw some program on how bushy used to talk proper and all but he wanted to appeal to the bible belt swamp things and started to talk like them.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007, 02:28:15 PM »
i think he dumbs himself down. i saw some program on how bushy used to talk proper and all but he wanted to appeal to the bible belt swamp things and started to talk like them.

I hate the way he talks even if I agreed with him it would drive me insane
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 02:34:39 PM »

QFT

ozymandias

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 02:46:57 PM »
yeah people lose people all the time, why are 9/11 people more deserving?
Because they are Americans, and Americans are often spoilt babies about that sort of thing.

Can you imagine the reaction if someone starts complaining about the Anfal?  (Saddam's campaign of mass-murder against the Kurds.)  Folks would say, 'Oh, but that was in the 1980s, right? You just have to move on, get on with your life, don't dwell on it.'  Blah blah blah.  Up to 200,000 killed, and almost no-one has even heard of it, and doubtless most of those who have heard of it only noticed because of the Iraq War.  Who was paying attention at the time?

On 11 Sept. most of the world stood in solidarity with Americans.  And then, they got on with living.  Nothing changed on 11 September; the only thing new about the attack was the victim.  It is America's lack of experience with being on the receiving end of shit-storms that makes people so freaky about this.  It's like all these fuckin' Bush speeches lately talking about Vietnam, and our collective national 'trauma'!  What about the two million Indochinese we killed?  Who grieves for them?

Anyroad...

Also quoted for truth!  I'm sick of it as well, I was sick of the endlessly repeated film clips showing the second plane hitting the WTC that day.  I am also sick of people are carrying on everytime a piece of bone or personal article is still dug up from some dusty crevice where it landed during the explosions and collapse.  I was affected too, but, I'm not going to let it stop me from travelling on a plane, train, subway or whatever.  American's are so naive and wimpy when it comes to catastrophes.  AS many people died in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and the physical and monetary damage was greater.  What's happened to those victims and their families?  The list is endless of catastrophes that happen around the world everyday?  We've been lucky in the US....................so far!