Author Topic: Theory of Mind thread  (Read 10101 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: Theory of Mind thread
« Reply #300 on: September 06, 2007, 12:05:35 PM »
:laugh:

OK, but who's the leader?
if i had to think about this logically i would say PI.  but the truth is, there is no leader.  just like minded discussion thwarters.

You're only suggesting its me because you don't want everyone to know the real truth- you bribe everyone to agree with you with sexual favours  :eyebrows:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:07:32 PM by purposefulinsanity »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #301 on: September 06, 2007, 12:14:42 PM »

if i had to think about this logically i would say PI.  but the truth is, there is no leader.  just like minded discussion thwarters.

You're only suggesting its me because you don't want everyone to know the real truth- you bribe everyone to agree with you with sexual favours  :eyebrows:
i am just a worker bee.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #302 on: September 06, 2007, 12:19:27 PM »
That's what you want us all to think  :o

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #303 on: September 06, 2007, 12:21:11 PM »
damn you're good.  almost had me that time.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #304 on: September 06, 2007, 12:22:54 PM »

You're a sly one aren't you?  :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #305 on: September 06, 2007, 12:26:24 PM »

You're a sly one aren't you?  :laugh:
the fox calling the hen sly.  how ironic.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #306 on: September 06, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »
We all know who has their finger in the most (hair?) pies around here, and it ain't me  :P

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #307 on: September 06, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
We all know who has their finger in the most (hair?) pies around here, and it ain't me  :P
what about the boys?  who has the boys atention?
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #308 on: September 06, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »
what about the boys?  who has the boys atention?

Judging by recent posts, you do- Mcbicurious  :laugh:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #309 on: September 06, 2007, 12:41:26 PM »
As for my MO, do you seriously expect me to have done stacks of research before making every post?
Only if you're going to state something as a blanket fact.  If you'd tack on an "in my experience" or "in my opinion", I don't think people would jump on you quite so much.
I like Kiriana's comment here.
Presenting your experiences as facts puts people off and if you keep doing it, in future you may be ignored because no one will believe you.

While what she said may have truth in it, the first business is to straighten out one's opinions.
No one, but a bigot, wants to see bigoted opinions promoted. I know that he has only skirted the edges of bigotry, because he doesn't know better, but when you have spent your whole life trying to rise above and reject all the bigotry we encounter, any allowance for the notions seems like a backturn.

Yep, I don't disagree with you at all.  Whether it's presented as fact or opinion, bigotry ought to be pointed out so it can be examined and hopefully discarded.   I think my point was more in reference to why people were picking apart his arguements on a consistent basis rather than just specific to this topic.

Yes, of course.
I meant my comment to be taken as a constructive criticism of our young friend. I have tried other approaches as well. It is so easy to overlook and miss how subtle that hate and bigotry actually are and they can easily to creep back into our lives, if we do not remain vigilant to prevent this. There is no "click" solution to avoiding bigotry, it is a lifelong process that each one must choose, if it is to be controlled. It can not be eliminated.
Thats why I do my utmost to judge people on their choices actions, rather than who they were born as. I think there was a study mentioned in NS that implied that racism was actually part of human nature, or instincts.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2007, 01:57:15 PM »

he's never tried to bribe me with sexual favours.  have i done something wrong?  ???

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2007, 02:13:31 PM »

he's never tried to bribe me with sexual favours.  have i done something wrong?  ???

:yikes: does that mean you're the real leader of the super clique?? ;)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2007, 04:55:48 PM »

he'd better not. :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #313 on: September 06, 2007, 04:56:20 PM »

:yikes: does that mean you're the real leader of the super clique?? ;)

er...

can i get back to you on that one?

(i thought i smelled, or something.  ;D ).

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2007, 04:57:07 PM »

he'd better not. :grrr:

oooooooooooh!  i love it when you're all butch and testosterone!  :heart:

my hero!   :eyelash:

:-*

(does that mean you're going to offer me sexual favours?  :drool: ).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 04:58:46 PM by Lucifer »