Educational

Author Topic: odeon's ask away-thread  (Read 68903 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: odeon's ask away-thread
« Reply #1710 on: January 01, 2011, 08:25:53 PM »
Ok, some advice. Maybe you should disable the delete feature in the moderation logs. Then you'll never have this problem again, Why thats allowed really is kind of crazy. people need to be held accountable for there actions

Any particular reason that the Admin should cater this site specifically to your needs, The mighty Sir Sticky Ricky "Food Bank Leech and Internet Masturbator"?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #1711 on: January 01, 2011, 08:28:06 PM »
Well heres some advice. since I cant be assured that this problem will never again happen to me, I want to be deleted off of here in a week. and this time I'm fucking serious

You should be deleted now you fucking whiny bitch!!!  :finger:

Oh, and odeon, you shouldn't allow him to take that back.

Hold him to it, delete it even IF he changes his mind.

:plus:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #1712 on: January 01, 2011, 08:35:49 PM »
Well heres some advice. since I cant be assured that this problem will never again happen to me, I want to be deleted off of here in a week. and this time I'm fucking serious

My usual counterargument: the rules should be the same for everyone, regardless of how annoying any individual person may be to the administrators or other members.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Scrapheap

« Reply #1713 on: January 01, 2011, 10:45:30 PM »

My usual counterargument: the rules should be the same for everyone, regardless of how annoying any individual person may be to the administrators or other members.

That goes without saying. However, in the case of Richard, he's pulled this stunt before. You know, the boy who cried wolf and all that.

I'd just call his bluff.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1714 on: January 02, 2011, 10:54:58 AM »

Nah, he is not an exception to the rules.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1715 on: January 02, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »
I've got a great idea. Lets have a moderator log, Only the administraitors can delete anything on that. amazing

Since its still today, My origional statement of wanting to be deleted off of here in a week is valid.

I just want to say, Parts thats fine. I understand your frustration. I also think like an enemy, this bitch is sneaky.

In my opinion, As soon as she found out that I knew what she did, she went right to that log and deleted the entry.
So of course its not going to look like she did anything, but amazingly She's very active in that forum. and I believe she knows this board better than anyone

Anyways, I dont know whay you odeon wouldnt want to keep a good standing trust with your membership. Disable that feature. If you want to prune posts there, that shouldnt be that hard to do with you and the gang. I know one thing. I never thought this was a conspeiracy or anything, and i generally like the most of you. I'm just looking out for #1

The problem with your reasoning is that I had several looks in that log before you started throwing accusations, for reasons unrelated to your paranoia but actually visible in the screenshot, and there was no change made to your profile.

Why are you here now? If you want to be deleted, why continue posting?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1716 on: January 02, 2011, 11:01:42 AM »

That goes without saying. However, in the case of Richard, he's pulled this stunt before. You know, the boy who cried wolf and all that.

I'd just call his bluff.

Hell, if I decided to treat him differently form the rest, I would delete him today.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1717 on: January 04, 2011, 10:08:08 AM »
Where are you up to in Bones? (assuming you still watch it)

I am about to start the 4th series, when amazon gets its arse into gear and send me it

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1718 on: January 04, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »

I am about to start the 4th series, when amazon gets its arse into gear and send me it

I've watched seasons 1-5. Thinking about, erm, acquiring the season 6 episodes broadcast so far. It's still entertaining.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1719 on: January 04, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »

I've watched seasons 1-5. Thinking about, erm, acquiring the season 6 episodes broadcast so far. It's still entertaining.

Why the rush? Wait till the whole season comes out on DVD or Blu-ray!  :police:   :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1720 on: January 04, 2011, 04:19:54 PM »

Why the rush? Wait till the whole season comes out on DVD or Blu-ray!  :police:   :P

I would do that anyway, just as I did with season #5. I don't like to wait.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #1721 on: January 12, 2011, 07:02:20 PM »
Odeon, is the moderator log all-encompassing? That is, does it record all actions ever undertaken through the use of any moderator powers? If not, what does it cover? Does the moderator log cover the actions of non-administrators?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1722 on: January 12, 2011, 07:03:50 PM »
And can you use it to find out for us if the Jooz did 9/11?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1723 on: January 12, 2011, 07:09:36 PM »
Odeon, is the moderator log all-encompassing? That is, does it record all actions ever undertaken through the use of any moderator powers? If not, what does it cover? Does the moderator log cover the actions of non-administrators?

Here a quick answer Odeon will know more but the stuff you have done as modulator shows up and I pretty sure all of it.

And can you use it to find out for us if the Jooz did 9/11?

Just checked and indeed they did do it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1724 on: January 13, 2011, 04:18:04 PM »
There are things that it won't register, usually because not every mod writer remembers to do everything by the book, but also because there are bugs and omissions in the board software.

- Albert Einstein