Educational

Author Topic: odeon's ask away-thread  (Read 68907 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: odeon's ask away-thread
« Reply #1695 on: January 01, 2011, 05:19:43 PM »
It's not a problem. Logs grow and need to be pruned regularly.

Here's some advice: Maybe you should drop this fucking thing now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #1696 on: January 01, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »
Well heres some advice. since I cant be assured that this problem will never again happen to me, I want to be deleted off of here in a week. and this time I'm fucking serious

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #1697 on: January 01, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »
Yes, it's possible to delete entries in any logs.

It's a giant conspiracy, you know.  We've planned this for months, that prank. There are secret fora for the pranksters, too, where we discuss what we'll do next. That's how clever we are. :tinfoil:

Knowing the members of this forum, I would not be surprised if there is an invitation-only "Pranksters' Forum", or something similar, where select members sit around and talk about good pranks to play on the members who don't have access to that forum.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1698 on: January 01, 2011, 05:24:18 PM »
Well heres some advice. since I cant be assured that this problem will never again happen to me, I want to be deleted off of here in a week. and this time I'm fucking serious

OK. Bye.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1699 on: January 01, 2011, 05:24:52 PM »

It's a giant conspiracy, you know.  We've planned this for months, that prank. There are secret fora for the pranksters, too, where we discuss what we'll do next. That's how clever we are. :tinfoil:

Knowing the members of this forum, I would not be surprised if there is an invitation-only "Pranksters' Forum", or something similar, where select members sit around and talk about good pranks to play on the members who don't have access to that forum.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, we also know who killed Kennedy.

- Albert Einstein

Osensitive1

« Reply #1700 on: January 01, 2011, 05:26:04 PM »

It's a giant conspiracy, you know.  We've planned this for months, that prank. There are secret fora for the pranksters, too, where we discuss what we'll do next. That's how clever we are. :tinfoil:

"something similar"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1701 on: January 01, 2011, 05:29:12 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you but there actually aren't. I was joking. :asthing: There is an admin forum but that's about it. The admin forum is usually full of exciting posts such as "deleted xyz, known spammer" and the like.

And now I suppose we'll note that Richard asked to be deleted so unless we hear from him, he is gone in a week's time.

- Albert Einstein

Osensitive1

« Reply #1702 on: January 01, 2011, 05:32:19 PM »
There is an admin forum but that's about it.
And the Elder forum.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1703 on: January 01, 2011, 05:32:53 PM »
There is an admin forum but that's about it.
And the Elder forum.

Ah, yes. True.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1704 on: January 01, 2011, 05:43:15 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you but there actually aren't. I was joking. :asthing: There is an admin forum but that's about it. The admin forum is usually full of exciting posts such as "deleted xyz, known spammer" and the like.

And now I suppose we'll note that Richard asked to be deleted so unless we hear from him, he is gone in a week's time.

During this whole argument between Richard and Callaway, there has been a lot of discussion about whether or not Callaway actually played a prank on Richard, but not about whether such a thing would be considered an abuse of power. There seems to be a consensus on I2 that, occasionally, administrators can use their administrative powers to play pranks on members (and I also recall reading a "Don't Prank" thread in one of the introductory forums when I first registered). If I were the webmaster of a forum, I would want administrators to record exactly what they did in terms of pranks, both to avoid accusations of abuse of power, and so I could reverse the effects of the prank if something went wrong, technically speaking. Is there a better place to discuss such pranks than an admin forum? :)

I'm assuming that you have to be an administrator to have access to the forum. Is there a general venue for the submission of pranks?

I'm merely curious about the running of the forum; I have no interest in the Richard vs. Callaway debate (except to see it end).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:45:26 PM by Semicolon »

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1705 on: January 01, 2011, 06:10:56 PM »

You are truelove too high maintenance people went out of their way just to be nice and to help.  Have fun where ever you end up
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #1706 on: January 01, 2011, 06:49:29 PM »
Ok, some advice. Maybe you should disable the delete feature in the moderation logs. Then you'll never have this problem again, Why thats allowed really is kind of crazy. people need to be held accountable for there actions

IRONY!!!!!!!!!!

Scrapheap

« Reply #1707 on: January 01, 2011, 06:51:57 PM »

You should be deleted now you fucking whiny bitch!!!  :finger:

Oh, and odeon, you shouldn't allow him to take that back.

Hold him to it, delete it even IF he changes his mind.

richard

« Reply #1708 on: January 01, 2011, 07:35:55 PM »
I've got a great idea. Lets have a moderator log, Only the administraitors can delete anything on that. amazing

Since its still today, My origional statement of wanting to be deleted off of here in a week is valid.

I just want to say, Parts thats fine. I understand your frustration. I also think like an enemy, this bitch is sneaky.

In my opinion, As soon as she found out that I knew what she did, she went right to that log and deleted the entry.
So of course its not going to look like she did anything, but amazingly She's very active in that forum. and I believe she knows this board better than anyone

Anyways, I dont know whay you odeon wouldnt want to keep a good standing trust with your membership. Disable that feature. If you want to prune posts there, that shouldnt be that hard to do with you and the gang. I know one thing. I never thought this was a conspeiracy or anything, and i generally like the most of you. I'm just looking out for #1

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1709 on: January 01, 2011, 07:43:08 PM »
I've got a great idea. Lets have a moderator log, Only the administraitors can delete anything on that. amazing

Since its still today, My origional statement of wanting to be deleted off of here in a week is valid.

I just want to say, Parts thats fine. I understand your frustration. I also think like an enemy, this bitch is sneaky.

In my opinion, As soon as she found out that I knew what she did, she went right to that log and deleted the entry.
So of course its not going to look like she did anything, but amazingly She's very active in that forum. and I believe she knows this board better than anyone

Anyways, I dont know whay you odeon wouldnt want to keep a good standing trust with your membership. Disable that feature. If you want to prune posts there, that shouldnt be that hard to do with you and the gang. I know one thing. I never thought this was a conspeiracy or anything, and i generally like the most of you. I'm just looking out for #1

Don't presume to speak for the rest of us. As far as I know, you are the only member who has a problem with the administrators' ability to delete items from the moderator log. Furthermore, disabling the feature, if it's even possible, would just create more work for Odeon without enhancing his credibility. After all, how would you know that he isn't in on any other conspiracies?