Educational

Author Topic: odeon's ask away-thread  (Read 68891 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: odeon's ask away-thread
« Reply #780 on: January 01, 2008, 12:10:56 PM »
If I started a "Computer questions from stupid fucking idiots and geek wannabees"  thread, would you support it?

(I have a couple of BIOS issues to resolve, trying to revive an old box, but I am semi-confounded. I know it is something simple and in clear view, but I am blind to it. More experience is needed. The old buddy if mine who I have counted on for years has had a severe heart attack and may die, soon. I found out when I tried to call him, last night. He has not been conscious in over three days, now. A story for another time, though.)

Rememmber,we are mostly verry dangerous and adrift in space with our questions.

Yes I would. Go ahead and start it. I'm sure others will chime in, too. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #781 on: January 04, 2008, 09:33:07 AM »
If I started a "Computer questions from stupid fucking idiots and geek wannabees"  thread, would you support it?

(I have a couple of BIOS issues to resolve, trying to revive an old box, but I am semi-confounded. I know it is something simple and in clear view, but I am blind to it. More experience is needed. The old buddy if mine who I have counted on for years has had a severe heart attack and may die, soon. I found out when I tried to call him, last night. He has not been conscious in over three days, now. A story for another time, though.)

Rememmber,we are mostly verry dangerous and adrift in space with our questions.

Yes I would. Go ahead and start it. I'm sure others will chime in, too. :)

He died this morning. I have another funeral to atttend.
I thank you for your tolerance of diversity.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #782 on: January 04, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »
bummer. thats too bad, DD. :(

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #783 on: January 04, 2008, 10:58:27 AM »
bummer. thats too bad, DD. :(

Yeah.
I wonder what will become of his printing business. I was able to get a bit of work through him, when he was bogged down with big jobs and he needed some simple graphics done. I will miss that and his friendship.

His two kids ( one,late twenties and one, early thirties) do not care for his business. I assume it dies with him. He made over one hundred thousand per year as post-tax profit and they don't care to pursue it. I also did some of his menial computer work. He hated dealing with hardware, but I seemed to manage it somewhat better than he did. I put together seven "modern" computers for him over the years.

I will miss him. He has been a good friend. I also wonder what will happen to his dog. His dog, a miniature Doberman and my dog, Snuggles, an overgrown fox terrier, were pals. I would love to give "Hercules" (Herky) a home.

He was two years older than I am, but looked about twenty or more older.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 11:01:49 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #784 on: January 04, 2008, 11:17:33 AM »
Sorry to hear it, DD. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #785 on: January 04, 2008, 11:51:02 AM »

Yeah.

Sorry to bring my gloom into your thread.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #786 on: January 04, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »
Don't worry about it. Life sucks, mainly.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #787 on: January 06, 2008, 03:10:16 AM »
 :indeed:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #788 on: January 06, 2008, 05:35:37 AM »
Has bright spots,
now and then though,
I hope?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #789 on: January 06, 2008, 09:07:08 AM »
Every now and then, although I can't say there are too many of them atm.

- Albert Einstein

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #790 on: January 08, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
I have a whole bunch of patronizing paddles, could you choose the one you like best?

Ok serious question, what was your favorite subject in school?

famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #791 on: January 08, 2008, 11:17:11 AM »
I have a whole bunch of patronizing paddles, could you choose the one you like best?

I want the one that stings the most.

Ok serious question, what was your favorite subject in school?

Math and physics.

- Albert Einstein

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #792 on: January 08, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »
You gonna spank yourself?  Post pics :laugh:
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #793 on: January 08, 2008, 11:23:37 AM »
Who said I would spank myself?

- Albert Einstein

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #794 on: January 08, 2008, 11:37:06 AM »
Of course I met with sensors, but you didn't get that for obvious reasons.

Math was one my strong points, and my mom is was bragging about me being able to do physics.  I saw my sister's college chemisty book, it is not that much different than my high school class, just as easy.