Author Topic: How sentimental are you?  (Read 3440 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Give me a fucking break! How sentimental are you?
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2007, 12:12:23 PM »

I have been cleaning out my garage and really,  I wonder why I have have kept half the shit I'm throwing out.

However, I have found my grandfather's pipe in piles of shit that need to be thrown away and it is loaded with his last pipeful of Prince Albert, which he never got to smoke, because he died right then, holding onto it and telling everyone to fuck off about his pipe smoking. I've heard the story too many times. I am a pipe smoker and it looks brand new, due to the lack of teeth marks on the stem. I remember, also, that he had no teeth for the last ten years of his life and that this was his favorite pipe, towards the end. That's why I have it. I am the only pipe smoker in the family.

Should I smoke it? Is that too creepy? Am I a sentimental douchebag for even hesitating? Should I just keep it aside for some future interest? Should I clean it and smoke it with my wonderful Danish blend of aged tobaccos? Should I smoke his death smoke, which is sixteen years old now and of which he never got to partake?
Am I thinking over thinkning too much?
Is this really my pipe or does it belong to my son and his son?

smoke it. think fond things of your grandfather whilst you do. pass the pipe on to your kids.

You have me figured out.
This where I'm going with this. I just need to clear things up to the point I can truly feel the gravity of this ceremony as I do.

you don't need approval, love.
go with your spirit.
you know what should be.

I am.
I have some time/space to work free, first, a fire to build and a few other preparations to make.

I altered the original title of this thread. I truly hope others can talk about their sentimentalities when they have the courage. I know we are not all so stoical as to remain untouched, unmoved, unstirred, unresponsive, unruffled by the forces in each of our lives. Even a discussion of favorite books, nephews, nieces, dogs, cats, nights to remember, why you drink one thing over another ... anything that deeply touches us is on topic. The dare is extended to all.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline juliekitty

• Fresh Meat
Re: How sentimental are you?
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2007, 12:42:36 PM »
My kitty is the best of all of the kitties in all of the world.

My other kitty's pretty good, too.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2007, 01:04:47 PM »

That's cool.
I have a five month old female cat that is the most incredibly affectionate and social cat I have ever known and I have had MANY cats in my long life.
One of her really sweet tricks is to stalk me in wait until I sit, then surprise! She pounces and slams her head scent glands against my face so hard it damn near hurts and purrs. She's a little dyslexic, though. She doesn't say, "Meow" -  she says, "Mow-ee."

:laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »
I have a five month old female cat that is the most incredibly affectionate and social cat I have ever known and I have had MANY cats in my long life.
One of her really sweet tricks is to stalk me in wait until I sit, then surprise! She pounces and slams her head scent glands against my face so hard it damn near hurts and purrs. She's a little dyslexic, though. She doesn't say, "Meow" -  she says, "Mow-ee."

:laugh:

A dyslexic cat?? just when you think you've heard of everything.  :laugh:

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2007, 01:41:26 PM »
Sentimental?  Kind of pointeless, as the memory never dies in my mind.  My grandmother gave me replica baseballs, like I am in it for the shear fun.  I just want to cash those fuckers in, and my mom got mad at me.
I am reminded, as she lives on inside of me.  I inherited her desire to help.  She brought in people off the street to help them get situated.  I think she has had enough brains to stay out of trouble with that shit.  My mom actually acts that way for a few seconds.. seconds.. lol.  My sister tries to kill people, my aunt seems to be doing spitful things, and my brother does not tollerate to much.  He was mean to my bitch.  Everyone is mean to my mom, except me, I am so my grandmother, as I put up with her the best.  Better than her boyfriend, and am not going into it.  That is the reason for her saying your all I have got.  COOL, THAT MEANS AM DOING MY JOB.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2007, 02:50:44 PM »
Sentimental?  Kind of pointeless, as the memory never dies in my mind.  My grandmother gave me replica baseballs, like I am in it for the shear fun.  I just want to cash those fuckers in, and my mom got mad at me.
I am reminded, as she lives on inside of me.  I inherited her desire to help.  She brought in people off the street to help them get situated.  I think she has had enough brains to stay out of trouble with that shit.  My mom actually acts that way for a few seconds.. seconds.. lol.  My sister tries to kill people, my aunt seems to be doing spitful things, and my brother does not tollerate to much.  He was mean to my bitch.  Everyone is mean to my mom, except me, I am so my grandmother, as I put up with her the best.  Better than her boyfriend, and am not going into it.  That is the reason for her saying your all I have got. COOL, THAT MEANS AM DOING MY JOB.

Thanks, Randy. Some memorable sentiment included there.

"I am so my grandmother" could become another classic.

'He was mean to my bitch'
anagrams to
'Women hate him, by acts.'
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 02:52:52 PM by MarkingDawg »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Give me a fucking break! How sentimental are you?
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2007, 01:01:10 AM »
I have some time/space to work free, first, a fire to build and a few other preparations to make.
Sometimes it is hard to find the exact right time for something as special as this. I hope you find it and it works out.

I lost my first wedding ring and then got another one that I like better. GA was upset that I didn't understand the erm, gravity of the situation. I still don't understand it, I am still married to him and I like my new ring.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2007, 01:46:36 AM »
The ring that my wife found for me.
I'd been missing it all my life, wondering
where 'twas.

She found it in Istanbul, and knew that 'twas
mine. Sometimes I wonder if it was the whole
reason that we were together.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2007, 05:42:05 AM »
Sometimes it is hard to find the exact right time for something as special as this. I hope you find it and it works out.

I lost my first wedding ring and then got another one that I like better. GA was upset that I didn't understand the erm, gravity of the situation. I still don't understand it, I am still married to him and I like my new ring.

No two people will be touched by the same things or if they are, it affects each person uniquely. Some things or events seem to have very distinct symbolic or associative meanings to some people. I would guess that no matter how many different ways GA tried to explain or make you see the "gravity of the situation" you still won't get his meaning. The whole thing fits differently into your mind than it does his.
You like the new ring better and the fact that you two are still together is what's important to you.

I don't get rings, myself. Some people really treasure them, though. I don't know why, but I am more impressed by my body's reaction to my wearing a wedding ring than the ring itself. I have made a specific place for it on my finger and as I have aged, there are smooth callouses on my finger and palm where it touches. On the upper side there is a groove for it to rest in. Even if I took it off there would still be this obvious place "worn down" where it has been. It's almost like a brand, now. I am proud to be "an old married man" and don't mind who knows. I have been able to maintain a partnership with another person for many years.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2007, 05:45:54 AM »
I remain eternally sentimental about a lot of things, but as always, never share them much.

Which is stupid.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2007, 05:55:10 AM »
I have been cleaning out my garage and really,  I wonder why I have have kept half the shit I'm throwing out.

However, I have found my grandfather's pipe in piles of shit that need to be thrown away and it is loaded with his last pipeful of Prince Albert, which he never got to smoke, because he died right then, holding onto it and telling everyone to fuck off about his pipe smoking. I've heard the story too many times. I am a pipe smoker and it looks brand new, due to the lack of teeth marks on the stem. I remember, also, that he had no teeth for the last ten years of his life and that this was his favorite pipe, towards the end. That's why I have it. I am the only pipe smoker in the family.

Should I smoke it? Is that too creepy? Am I a sentimental douchebag for even hesitating? Should I just keep it aside for some future interest? Should I clean it and smoke it with my wonderful Danish blend of aged tobaccos? Should I smoke his death smoke, which is sixteen years old now and of which he never got to partake?Am I thinking over thinkning too much?
Is this really my pipe or does it belong to my son and his son?

If it was me, I would put it in a locket or something similar, to remind me that you never know when the minute you are living is your last.

Not to sound too dramatic, but I have a lock of my grandmothers hair that just means so much to me.  And her musical instrument.  And just to look at it just could almost bring me to tears, thinking of her playing that and the history that goes with it...like, when she bought it, she would never know that nearly 70 years later her grand daughter would look at it and just be overwhelmed with happiness that she lived.

It's always those insignificant things.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2007, 06:36:42 AM »

you have two pussy's?
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2007, 06:38:09 AM »

you have two pussies?

Better.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2007, 06:39:18 AM »

you have two pussies?

Better.
i think i just found the second pussy.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2007, 10:32:50 AM »
you have two pussy's?

Last I heard that was from a fellow eight-year-old, once upon a time. Glad to hear the adults of the world have grown up so.  :laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.