Educational

Author Topic: How sentimental are you?  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: How sentimental are you?
« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2016, 12:42:53 AM »
I've gotten rid of alot of personal stuff...the stuff they hold means nothing to my son, SO has his own stuff, with both my parents gone and no siblings or relatives I keep in touch with...they had no meaning to anyone but me...like QV, someone else will probably go thru my things when I'm dead anyways.

SO actually mentioned going on vacation back where I grew up for the first time in over 10 years last year. I haven't been there since I was 14 and moved here.  Not sure I want to deal with all those "feels" but I do want the kid to see it once while I'm still young enough to take him site-seeing.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2016, 11:21:37 AM »
I've gotten rid of alot of personal stuff...the stuff they hold means nothing to my son, SO has his own stuff, with both my parents gone and no siblings or relatives I keep in touch with...they had no meaning to anyone but me...like QV, someone else will probably go thru my things when I'm dead anyways.

SO actually mentioned going on vacation back where I grew up for the first time in over 10 years last year. I haven't been there since I was 14 and moved here.  Not sure I want to deal with all those "feels" but I do want the kid to see it once while I'm still young enough to take him site-seeing.

I went back to my childhood home several years ago.  It's an A-A neighborhood, the tree in the front yard is gone and there's a chain link fence around the whole lot.  Couldn't get mentally past the lost tree and fence to see any other changes.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #107 on: February 29, 2016, 12:34:38 PM »
Trust me, i've seen the worst of the worst, some of it from one of my parents!  At least you are sticking to this new way of living.  Good on you.

Thank you.  I find the clear spaces are very calming to come home to.  :)

Definitely, it helps clear your mind.  Did you chuck anything away that you thought meant a lot to you, but then it wasn't so bad once you'd got rid of it?

Many, many things in that category.  I think getting older has a lot to do with it.  I'm turning 50,
  both my parents are gone now, all three of us siblings have health issues, so I'm beginning to see the road
  ahead, beginning to get a hint about what it will feel like to be old, and about what might be the end of me.  :prude:

Ahh don't say that  :(  It can be a new beginning.

I'm not anticipating dying anytime soon, just trying to prepare and use the time wisely.  :)

That's good!
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry: