Educational

Author Topic: The problem with women  (Read 5177 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: The problem with women
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2007, 07:02:20 PM »
I did some reading, after hearing said soundbites. In fact lots of it, including reading most of the A-level psychology textbook, and digging on the internet. The only thing they seem to show is a few correlations. Same as any other social science.

You're being vague, dear, which makes sense, as you're also misinformed.  I'd need to know the soundbited, the textbook, and the stuff you found on the internet to be certain that you're full of shit to set my level of certainty at α=.001, but I'm comfortable right now with a certainty of α=.05, which is standard.  ;)

This is a good one I quite like: "Calling children stupid means they are more likely to grow to be stupid" I am told research backs this up, by the consultant who made this one. Can you spot the blatent flaw in that one?
As for using statistics, i prefer the mechanics and the pure. But then i am fussy.

Yes, I can spot the blatant flaw immediately in your presentation, and I'd be happy to point it out:  It's a blanket statement that is extremely vague, decontexualized, not cites, and therefore impossible for me to verify or agree that it's utter crap.  What consultant, and was this in a scientific, peer-reviewed journal, or a guest on Oprah?

The mechanics and the pure, eh?  Not that I can argue it much, but does that mean you're down with old skool Newtonian physics as opposed to this fancy new uncertainty bullshit these youngins in physics are spouting?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2007, 07:18:00 PM »
/passes PMS Elle a brick wall

willow

« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2007, 07:23:10 PM »
So, what is the problem with women here?

I've read many a thread where guys refer to women as 'gold diggers', 'manipulative' etc, etc...the derogatory remarks go on.

The final clincher for me was when Dunc accused me of 'climbing the career ladder'.

So, what's the problem with that?  You guys complain when the girls are after you for one thing or the other, and when they are trying to be self sufficient, it's somehow a crime?  It's OK for a guy to be proud of his job and work his way up, but if a girl isn't at home having babies or trying to juggle a few kids, it's somehow a cop out? 

And of course, what would I know about stress?  It seems here unless you talk about how stressful children are, or how intrusive your drug habit is, you don't know what stress is about?  My addiction IS my work, so what is the problem with that?  How can that be any less draining on my life than your addictions or afflictions are in yours?

I think men are threatened anytime they think a woman might so something better than they do.

I worked in hospitality for years..12 hour days..busting my ass..stressed to the max..but I *loved* my job.
I was often discouraged by the men around me (most hospitality management around me were men..I was one of the few women), and they would make snide comments about "shouldn't I be having babies or making dinner."

it was completely disgusting.

now that I *have* kids...and I stay home to home school them...I get the OPPOSITE shit, and it is from the same damned men. "oh, it must be nice to not have to work." WHAT??? I don't WORK?? <grumble>

the majority of men have a penis complex and can't bear to have a woman "get ahead". (not ALL men, so don't jump my shit.)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2007, 07:24:25 PM »
 :clap:   :plus:

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
/passes PMS Elle a brick wall

To deomonstrate Newtonian Physics, or to bang my head against?

He was reading this thread for awhile and signed off without replying to it.  Perhaps he's going to phone a friend?  If so, I certainly hope it's an avid Dr. Phil fan.  Or a strict Freudian, although it would be hard to take the high road and stick to the quetsion of emprical support and not stoop to the level of, "No, YOU'RE displacing your aggression from your anal fixation, poopiehead!"

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2007, 07:26:35 PM »
it's the latest trend - post and then run off for several days.

and the wall is for your poor head, hon.   :-*

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2007, 07:28:57 PM »
I think men are threatened anytime they think a woman might so something better than they do.

Hmm...I wouldn't say that I feel any differently about a
man who does better, than I would about a woman.

I think that's true in a lot of cases, between men too.
I know that when someone who is NOT part of the
guy's crowd does well, they get a lot of shit too.
Not sure that it's the same - certainly lacking the
sexism, but I've heard crap about a gay guy doing
well someplace, which was just as vile.

And, I'd suspect that women clump together
in positions where they have traditionally been
the majority, and cause problems for the males.
It would be nice to hear from Ozzy, on this, as
an example. 

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2007, 07:33:10 PM »
it's the latest trend - post and then run off for several days.

and the wall is for your poor head, hon.   :-*

Hopefully tomorrow I shall be able to let go of the subject.  However, he caught me in a bad mood while he was trying to play know-it-all in a field I'm almost certainly more knowledgable in than he is if he is the age and education level he claims.

Damn my lack of impulse control.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2007, 07:34:03 PM »
not your lack of impulse control.  i've been there too, remember?  as has bjork, and callaway and...

;)

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2007, 07:36:25 PM »
not your lack of impulse control.  i've been there too, remember?  as has bjork, and callaway and...

;)

It must be a weakness of the more bloodthirty sex.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2007, 07:38:12 PM »

;)

Don't tempt me.

The_P

« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2007, 04:02:32 AM »
Calling children... what?  :-\

Am I this guy's current fantasy or summat? Kinky.  :eyebrows:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2007, 04:20:51 AM »
I did some reading, after hearing said soundbites. In fact lots of it, including reading most of the A-level psychology textbook, and digging on the internet. The only thing they seem to show is a few correlations. Same as any other social science.

You're being vague, dear, which makes sense, as you're also misinformed.  I'd need to know the soundbited, the textbook, and the stuff you found on the internet to be certain that you're full of shit to set my level of certainty at α=.001, but I'm comfortable right now with a certainty of α=.05, which is standard.  ;)

This is a good one I quite like: "Calling children peaguy means they are more likely to grow to be peaguy" I am told research backs this up, by the consultant who made this one. Can you spot the blatent flaw in that one?
As for using statistics, i prefer the mechanics and the pure. But then i am fussy.

Yes, I can spot the blatant flaw immediately in your presentation, and I'd be happy to point it out:  It's a blanket statement that is extremely vague, decontexualized, not cites, and therefore impossible for me to verify or agree that it's utter crap.  What consultant, and was this in a scientific, peer-reviewed journal, or a guest on Oprah?

The mechanics and the pure, eh?  Not that I can argue it much, but does that mean you're down with old skool Newtonian physics as opposed to this fancy new uncertainty bullshit these youngins in physics are spouting?
My intenet went, hence the delayed reply.
As for the person who made that comment, it was made by a consultant about me (or my attitude to other people), to someone else. I was quoting her exact words. Its the sort of babble that seems to come out of most psychologists who are supposed to be acting in a profession.
Yes I am sticking with the newtonian stuff, until the rest is proven.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2007, 07:11:38 AM »
As for the person who made that comment, it was made by a consultant about me (or my attitude to other people), to someone else. I was quoting her exact words. Its the sort of babble that seems to come out of most psychologists who are supposed to be acting in a profession.

Oh, OK.  That does make this all the more clear.  :)  You're not someone with an intellectual objection to psychology; you're someone who's trying to justify his own prejudice.

;)

Don't tempt me.

Don't order me around, you twunt!!!  ;)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2007, 07:14:10 AM »

Oh, OK.  That does make this all the more clear.  :)  You're not someone with an intellectual objection to psychology; you're someone who's trying to justify his own prejudice.

i think that the modern male is sick and tired of the emasculation that modern society projects on them.

i think it is much more comfortable to be in a clearly defined role....not that i have ever welcomed comfort, but i think most people prefer to know where they stand.
Misunderstood.