Author Topic: The problem with women  (Read 5094 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
The problem with women
« on: August 02, 2007, 06:50:23 AM »
So, what is the problem with women here?

I've read many a thread where guys refer to women as 'gold diggers', 'manipulative' etc, etc...the derogatory remarks go on.

The final clincher for me was when Dunc accused me of 'climbing the career ladder'.

So, what's the problem with that?  You guys complain when the girls are after you for one thing or the other, and when they are trying to be self sufficient, it's somehow a crime?  It's OK for a guy to be proud of his job and work his way up, but if a girl isn't at home having babies or trying to juggle a few kids, it's somehow a cop out? 

And of course, what would I know about stress?  It seems here unless you talk about how stressful children are, or how intrusive your drug habit is, you don't know what stress is about?  My addiction IS my work, so what is the problem with that?  How can that be any less draining on my life than your addictions or afflictions are in yours?

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Re: The problem with women
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 07:09:15 AM »
 ???

Double standard?  Aggressive men are go-getters, aggressive women are bitches? 

My wife makes more money than I do.  Considerably more.  I don't have a problem with it. 

Of course I have a woman fetish... 
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 07:15:06 AM »
expound.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 07:21:26 AM »
???

My wife makes more money than I do.  Considerably more.  I don't have a problem with it. 

Self-centred bitches, apparently.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 07:40:31 AM »
expound.
Well not to derail Eclair's topic...  it's something my wife said.  I love everything about women, they way they think, walk, talk, look, smell, feel...  all women.  I find almost every woman attractive in some way or another.

???

Having a career and trying your hardest to advance yourself in it doesn't make you self centered.  It makes you successful in that aspect.  Some people's priorities are different than others. 

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 07:44:10 AM »
expound.
Well not to derail Eclair's topic...  it's something my wife said.  I love everything about women, they way they think, walk, talk, look, smell, feel...  all women.  I find almost every woman attractive in some way or another.

???

Having a career and trying your hardest to advance yourself in it doesn't make you self centered.  It makes you successful in that aspect.  Some people's priorities are different than others. 

I don't have a choice.  It's not a priority even, it just happens.  It IS an addiction.  I even had the IT guy tell me he was going to cut off my remote access if I kept working on the weekends.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 07:45:29 AM »
expound.

???

I don't have a choice.  It's not a priority even, it just happens.  It IS an addiction.  I even had the IT guy tell me he was going to cut off my remote access if I kept working on the weekends.
Is it a problematic addiction for you?

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 07:47:30 AM »
expound.

???

]
For the most part, I find it pleasurable.  It is the comments and opinions of others who don't realise that to some degree it is a compulsion is disappointing.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 07:57:33 AM »
expound.

???

]
For the most part, I find it pleasurable.  It is the comments and opinions of others who don't realise that to some degree it is a compulsion is disappointing.
As long as you find it pleasurable then does it matter what anyone else thinks?

Personally I've never had a problem telling people to fuck off and mind their own business. 

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 08:13:49 AM »
expound.

???

]
As long as you find it pleasurable then does it matter what anyone else thinks?

Personally I've never had a problem telling people to fuck off and mind their own business. 

Me neither.  But you know what I mean in essence.  A guy who is focussed on his work is acceptable, and building an empire.  A woman who does that is somehow perceived to be empty.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 08:21:10 AM »
I know what you mean.  It's gender roles.  Boys are blue, girls are pink, etc.. 

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 08:29:35 AM »
I know what you mean.  It's gender roles.  Boys are blue, girls are pink, etc.. 

I'm glad you see the point.   :angel:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 08:35:26 AM »
I don't think there is a double standard here, people make derogatory comments towards everyone, if they went easy on the female members just because they are female that would be a double standard.   

And we all have stresses in our life, no-one is claiming that there is a right kind of stress for either sex- it just seems that some want understanding for the stresses they are under whilst refusing to accept that other people's stresses can cause them just as many problems.  Its all about give and take- you can't demand understanding for your difficulties if you aren't willing to accept you're not the only one that has these problems.

As for your comment about Dunc's career ladder comment I can see that you've completely misunderstood him, but I'll let him explain what he meant by that. 

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 08:36:41 AM »
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.   That wasn't ever directed at females.   You need to have some interests outside of work obviously, just to spice things up.    It is really good that you love your work.

Nothing wrong with being career oriented, just don't forget to smell the roses sometimes.   That can go for anyone, regardless of gender.   If work is something you really enjoy, then do it by all means.   I don't think I will ever find a job I will enjoy doing on the weekends, I like my free time too much.   Enjoy the fruits of your labor every once in a while.    I am sure you enjoy your free time.

That double standard is slowly dying, the whole career woman thing isn't really looked down upon imo like it used to be.   There isn't anything wrong with you having ambition and goals.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 08:48:04 AM »
I don't think there is a double standard here, people make derogatory comments towards everyone, if they went easy on the female members just because they are female that would be a double standard.   

And we all have stresses in our life, no-one is claiming that there is a right kind of stress for either sex- it just seems that some want understanding for the stresses they are under whilst refusing to accept that other people's stresses can cause them just as many problems.  Its all about give and take- you can't demand understanding for your difficulties if you aren't willing to accept you're not the only one that has these problems.

As for your comment about Dunc's career ladder comment I can see that you've completely misunderstood him, but I'll let him explain what he meant by that. 

I believe I have been understanding of other people's stresses.  I don't expect to be attacked when I try to explain what some of mine are.

I doubt I've completely misunderstood Dunc's comment.