Author Topic: God, go on then, you may aswell ask.  (Read 36487 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: God, go on then, you may aswell ask.
« Reply #1215 on: November 10, 2006, 07:07:12 PM »

and i thought you might have issues with the victim type girl, who lets people walk all over her.
now if we can only spell it out to the young men that being a victim....

never mind i lost focus.  but it had something to do with young men today and emoism.

Would those young men be called "Cinderfellas"?

i am not sure.

what do you think HG?
Misunderstood.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #1216 on: November 10, 2006, 08:11:20 PM »
lol +1

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #1217 on: November 10, 2006, 09:34:18 PM »
I like Granny Smith's in pies
Kevv i can read that quote in two ways, one indicates you enjoy an apple tart, the other indicates your a bit fruity in another sense. ;) My bad.

Jizz, as far as the ballet goes its been quite a while even though i still do some of my stretching exercises, yoga, bharatnatyam etc which you probably already know. It wasnt that long since ive been to watch a ballet, even though the best show i ever went to was when i was about 13, it was a circus/ballet show performed by dancers and contortionists from Moscow, it was amazing. As for swimming, i cant be arsed with that. I go and feed ducks and swans now and then though. ;)

Well pretty much, McJagger, i simply also just found a few popular fairy tales, childrens stories patronising and pathetic (even when i was younger) in the way they came across and some of the messages they sent out mainly to little girls, the whole victim mentality, needing someone else to save them, needing a prince/needing to depend on the prince etc. Some old tales etc had some things in them that could be translated into having interesting undertones that could teach certain things, but others were highly patronising and pathetic, associating females with being victims who couldnt save themselves and needing to rely on others (usually the male) and the men were associated with being heros who thought mythical beasts, saved the woman and the day. I was more interested in the Japanese, Indian and Egyptian mythology/fairytales as a kid to be honest, because alot of them werent as bad, and women had a fair amount of equality, recognition or strength etc in them, she wasnt simply just a victim due to her gender.

Of course there are some men who allow themselves to be walked over, and end up playing victim etc too, but some other men wrongly associate some guys who have or show empathy/understanding/sensitivity or showing feelings/emotions with being a victim or a woos, when that isnt necessarily true. It depends what your defintion of being a victim/playing the victim/being so called over emo is. If your looking for a good idea of a male victim in my opinion one we could all easily point to as an example is someone like RobertN.

Cinderfellas? i think some other butch or pretend to be butch men label them pansies, jessies or erm homosexuals.

However i personally think the old fashioned stereotypical traditional western assigned gender traits such as some (not all) which i listed below are exactly what causes flaws in both genders, because these traits became too common and easily accepted by alot of people instead of being aknowledged for what they were which was simply assumptions and stereotypical norms for the time. The traditional stereotypical traits are which has caused alot of problems and do still cause alot of problems, especially ones encouraging victim mentality in women and denial or ostrich philosophy in men, amongst the many other countless problems/issues. There was way too much emphasis on gender traits by automatic rather than individual personality assessment or flexibility, choice etc for a long time but thankfully there were/are people of both genders who have had the common sense to see how pathetic some of these old fashioned automatically assigned gender traits were/are and have dismissed or dispelled quite a few of them, especially women who have been more determined to show that they are stronger etc than they were given credit for and can do just as well if not better than a man.

The old stereotypes for men, once played its part in encouraging or defending rape behaviour (still does to an extent) and once upon a time (still present in some cultures etc) permitting or being an excuse for violent behaviour, they are also to blame for the biggest problem  in the form of denial, failure to accept or refusal to come forward also bad after effects, an encouragement of certain behaviour patterns etc in relation to being a male sexual abuse survivor, actually in alot of cases a general survivor of any type of abuse etc unfortunately, a big proportion become victims of their assigned gender traits and not just the abuse they have suffered.

Male:
Logical
Rational
Knowledgeable
Objective
Reasonable
Strong
Powerful
Emotionally obscure
Dominant
Mature/Adult-like
Autonomous
Maintaining Tradition
Independent
Naturally aggressive
Leader
Active
Able to overcome obstacles
Competitive
Goal-directed
Productive 
Requesting help = unmanly
Denial of fear
Dignity or laughter in the face of tragedy

Women:
Illogical
Irrational
Intuitive
Subjective
Hysterical
Weak
Frail
Emotionally vulnerable
Castrating
Immature/Child-like
Needy
Dependent
Follower 
Passive
Materialistic
Frivulous
Thwarted by obstacles
Non-competitive
Process-oriented/less productive
Requesting help = being a woman
Acceptance of fear
Strain/weariness in face of tragedy

I dont know about the other women here but the only traits i can associate myself with in that old school list, are being intuitive, possibly also materialistic in some senses (as in i like nice clothes, and my creature comforts), and yes i admit it, maybe also castrating ;) but as far as everything else goes, im obviously not a normal female eh. :laugh:

There another rambling, im so frickin bored, i cant help it. :-*

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:48:09 PM by Hypnotica_Gaze »

Scrapheap

« Reply #1218 on: November 10, 2006, 10:50:08 PM »
Kevv i can read that quote in two ways, one indicates you enjoy an apple tart, the other indicates your a bit fruity in another sense. ;) My bad.

Jizz, as far as the ballet goes its been quite a while even though i still do some of my stretching exercises, yoga, bharatnatyam etc which you probably already know. It wasnt that long since ive been to watch a ballet, even though the best show i ever went to was when i was about 13, it was a circus/ballet show performed by dancers and contortionists from Moscow, it was amazing. As for swimming, i cant be arsed with that. I go and feed ducks and swans now and then though. ;)

Well pretty much, McJagger, i simply also just found a few popular fairy tales, childrens stories patronising and pathetic (even when i was younger) in the way they came across and some of the messages they sent out mainly to little girls, the whole victim mentality, needing someone else to save them, needing a prince/needing to depend on the prince etc. Some old tales etc had some things in them that could be translated into having interesting undertones that could teach certain things, but others were highly patronising and pathetic, associating females with being victims who couldnt save themselves and needing to rely on others (usually the male) and the men were associated with being heros who thought mythical beasts, saved the woman and the day. I was more interested in the Japanese, Indian and Egyptian mythology/fairytales as a kid to be honest, because alot of them werent as bad, and women had a fair amount of equality, recognition or strength etc in them, she wasnt simply just a victim due to her gender.

Of course there are some men who allow themselves to be walked over, and end up playing victim etc too, but some other men wrongly associate some guys who have or show empathy/understanding/sensitivity or showing feelings/emotions with being a victim or a woos, when that isnt necessarily true. It depends what your defintion of being a victim/playing the victim/being so called over emo is. If your looking for a good idea of a male victim in my opinion one we could all easily point to as an example is someone like RobertN.

Cinderfellas? i think some other butch or pretend to be butch men label them pansies, jessies or erm homosexuals.

However i personally think the old fashioned stereotypical traditional western assigned gender traits such as some (not all) which i listed below are exactly what causes flaws in both genders, because these traits became too common and easily accepted by alot of people instead of being aknowledged for what they were which was simply assumptions and stereotypical norms for the time. The traditional stereotypical traits are which has caused alot of problems and do still cause alot of problems, especially ones encouraging victim mentality in women and denial or ostrich philosophy in men, amongst the many other countless problems/issues. There was way too much emphasis on gender traits by automatic rather than individual personality assessment or flexibility, choice etc for a long time but thankfully there were/are people of both genders who have had the common sense to see how pathetic some of these old fashioned automatically assigned gender traits were/are and have dismissed or dispelled quite a few of them, especially women who have been more determined to show that they are stronger etc than they were given credit for and can do just as well if not better than a man.

The old stereotypes for men, once played its part in encouraging or defending rape behaviour (still does to an extent) and once upon a time (still present in some cultures etc) permitting or being an excuse for violent behaviour, they are also to blame for the biggest problem  in the form of denial, failure to accept or refusal to come forward also bad after effects, an encouragement of certain behaviour patterns etc in relation to being a male sexual abuse survivor, actually in alot of cases a general survivor of any type of abuse etc unfortunately, a big proportion become victims of their assigned gender traits and not just the abuse they have suffered.

Male:
Logical
Rational
Knowledgeable
Objective
Reasonable
Strong
Powerful
Emotionally obscure
Dominant
Mature/Adult-like
Autonomous
Maintaining Tradition
Independent
Naturally aggressive
Leader
Active
Able to overcome obstacles
Competitive
Goal-directed
Productive 
Requesting help = unmanly
Denial of fear
Dignity or laughter in the face of tragedy

Women:
Illogical
Irrational
Intuitive
Subjective
Hysterical
Weak
Frail
Emotionally vulnerable
Castrating
Immature/Child-like
Needy
Dependent
Follower 
Passive
Materialistic
Frivulous
Thwarted by obstacles
Non-competitive
Process-oriented/less productive
Requesting help = being a woman
Acceptance of fear
Strain/weariness in face of tragedy

I dont know about the other women here but the only traits i can associate myself with in that old school list, are being intuitive, possibly also materialistic in some senses (as in i like nice clothes, and my creature comforts), and yes i admit it, maybe also castrating ;) but as far as everything else goes, im obviously not a normal female eh. :laugh:

There another rambling, im so frickin bored, i cant help it. :-*

If you want my sexy body HG, all you had to do is ask. You did'nt have to impress me with this long-winded dissertation.  :P ::) ;) :eyebrows: :LMAO:

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #1219 on: November 10, 2006, 11:28:42 PM »
If you want my sexy body HG, all you had to do is ask. You did'nt have to impress me with this long-winded dissertation.
I think i shall take a pass, i have one of my own after all, i dont need yours. ;)
That wasnt anywhere near my longest post >:D and hey stop trying to steal my crown, im meant to be the narcissistic one, not you. :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 11:39:04 PM by Hypnotica_Gaze »

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1220 on: November 10, 2006, 11:32:24 PM »
Kevv i can read that quote in two ways... the other indicates your a bit fruity in another sense. ;) My bad.

he's not gay, just a little bit fruity eh....   i aint heard anyone say that since my friend hywel snuck into my room when i was asleep and took photo's of me with a dildo near my ass and then displayed them on posters at my Uni  :(

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #1221 on: November 10, 2006, 11:40:15 PM »
Awww what sweet friends you have.
Did the posters have a lovely slogan on them? :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1222 on: November 10, 2006, 11:42:46 PM »
I was more interested in the Japanese, Indian and Egyptian mythology/fairytales as a kid to be honest, because alot of them werent as bad, and women had a fair amount of equality, recognition or strength etc in them, she wasnt simply just a victim due to her gender.

This one sentence begs for questions.

Can you be more specific with titles, authors, publishers, weblinks or anything at all, that would help me track down English versions, intended for children? I'm asking for two reasons. First, "Japanese, Indian and Egyptian mythology/fairytales" seem foreign to me, but more importantly, I have a five year old daughter who is becoming quite a reader and she needs a challenge to keep her edge.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 11:49:20 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #1223 on: November 10, 2006, 11:59:02 PM »
No probs at all Dirtdawg, alot of my indian ones were in sanskrit or hindi and i had to get translated versions or do manual translation, however i also found some in English, i will take a look thru a box i have upstairs in the attic that should have some of my old books in it, and compile a list with a rough description of the content of each and you can decide which are the most appropriate for your daughter, i will also see if i can find some more updated ones in english or weblinks and will send you a list of those.

Well i always found alot of the Japanese, Indian stories/mythology even Egyptian, rather interesting and also quite entertaining, especially with some of the messages behind them, compared to the typical fairytales etc, and the role of women in quite alot of the ones i found were rather positive and less patronising etc. Its also good for learning about different cultures etc, why some practice/did practice customs they have/had etc.

Shes at that stage is she, its great shes taking an interest in books, also yes, its always good to give new challenges, encourage and help them build on their skills and read new and more advancing material.

I will try get that list to you as soon as i can.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1224 on: November 11, 2006, 12:22:08 AM »
That would be fantastic, HG. A few titles and I would be ecstatic.

Thanks.

:^)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1225 on: November 11, 2006, 12:35:13 AM »
Awww what sweet friends you have.
Did the posters have a lovely slogan on them? :P

WANTED, DEAD or ALIVE
(prefferably the former)
[insert photo of badger avec dildo1.jpg here]

Have you seen this man (or dildo)

if so call 0800 dont leave your door unlocked

wud show u the poster but alas there be no scanner here... phew

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1226 on: November 11, 2006, 06:28:10 AM »

but i do not see anything wrong with someone who is a homosexual.

take peaguy for instance, i like him.
Misunderstood.

thepeaguy

« Reply #1227 on: November 11, 2006, 10:27:39 AM »

but i do not see anything wrong with someone who is a homosexual.

take peaguy for instance, i like him.

Again with the gay jokes.

Play another record.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1228 on: November 11, 2006, 01:02:59 PM »
B-but, your signature says it all.
Misunderstood.

thepeaguy

« Reply #1229 on: November 11, 2006, 01:05:53 PM »
B-but, your signature says it all.

B-but it's sarcasm!

Everyone's pwning me this week (I'm usually impervious to this shit), and it's so not fair. :(