Educational

Poll

Has fluorescent ever won an argument or 'burned' anybody?

Yes.
5 (26.3%)
No.
0 (0%)
I can't tell, I don't understand anything he says in the first place.
3 (15.8%)
Everything he says makes him look like an idiot, so i'll go with no.
11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Fluorescents success.  (Read 3865 times)

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
Re: Fluorescents success.
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2006, 04:36:10 AM »
My therapist says my symptoms of HFA are masking bipolar disorder, and it is very hard to tell if I even have it.  To make in worse, there is the discrete personality disorder, were I mimic bipolar disorder, to make dealing with my mom easier.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2006, 04:45:14 AM »
i dont know the answer to this so this is why i will ask it.

does your mom realize when she is going through bipolar changes?
is it really bad?
what does she do? does she get moody, depressed, what?
is it something that occures that the individual is aware of, but has no control over?
are there medications or counselling, that can help control the swings?
Misunderstood.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2006, 05:10:36 AM »
My mom has lithium 900 mg. Therapeutic does tends to be 1200- 1800mg.( I think I remember something like that)  Average diet provides a couple of mcg a day.  Seaweed and sugar cane are good sources of lithium.  They are still wondering if its essential or not, as a nutrient.  My mom needs more, but won;t go any higher.  She says its messing up her thyroid and teeth. She grew a beer belly after starting meds.  I agree, she does need higher.  She take seroquel too, because she hear voices at night, tell her what to do. (good things) She can stay up untill 2:00am.  She goes, "How did you know what time I go to bed?" She told me and does not remember. I don;t know if she pays attention to manic and hypomanic phases, or knowes when they occur.  I know she got diagnosed after she got caught selling drugs. It got her out of prison. She goes to south shore mental health so I would hope she knowes.  I wish she would regulary pratice meditation like I do, because then she would not have such a fuckn problem.  I am mad at her anyways, because she tells strangers, I have AS.  She will sometimes blert out symptoms too.  I do it back too her.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2006, 08:40:43 AM »
By stepping onto Intensity he has opened himself to people's honest and insulting responses. If this were in the WP haven and I were still a mod, I would have put a stop to it a long time ago. But I think McJagger and others have made it abundantly clear what this site is about, and it's not pussyfooting around people who have issues. So whether or not Fluorescent is stable enough to take it, we have the right to dish it out.

oops. sorry..... i've only just read this.

i didn't mean that people shouldn't treat Fluorescent (or anyone else) the way they feel inclined to; what i meant was that i don't understand why anyone would want? to argue with someone who seems quite insecure and vulnerable. i realise that it is the individual's choice whether they take the other person's mental stability in to the equation before responding to their statements.

i also think there is something rather dishonourable about aiming for such an easy target (although, i'm not saying that it shouldn't be allowed). if the expression "no shame in losing to the best" is true, then perhaps it is also true that there is? shame in winning to the worst.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2006, 08:46:55 AM »
I'm not sure Flourescent (or along the same lines, happeh) are in fact the worst when it comes to having an argument. Someone like Space or maybe Neuroman would be what I'd consider "easy" - people whose insecurities are glaringly obvious and therefore easy to exploit. But with someone as hyposensitive as fluorescent, happeh, or neanthumain, steering an argument in such a way that it avoids two people talking to empty air and not hearing a word each other says, is quite a challenge. At least for me, maybe it's different for others. So I don't see any dishonor in it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2006, 09:30:37 AM »
I. But with someone as hyposensitive as fluorescent, happeh, or neanthumain, steering an argument in such a way that it avoids two people talking to empty air and not hearing a word each other says, is quite a challenge. 

I did it on purpose, I was getting boared. 

I am very sensitive, you just don;t see it.

Vunerable?, I think you had  better look in the mirror.  I really think you should worry about yourself more.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2006, 10:19:04 AM »
I think there's truth in what Omega_Female says, but this *is* Intensity, and the person in question has repeatedly stated his willingness to participate. I wouldn't necessarily exploit everything there is ("there's still good in me") but I don't shy away either if need be.

OTOH, there's quite a bit going on sometimes behind the scenes, and what you see is not necessarily the whole truth.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »
You got that right. Finally someone understands. I am only vunerable if I let myself be that way.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2006, 12:22:01 PM »
So why all the contraversy over this guy again?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2006, 12:38:10 PM »
there is no controversy, nothing to see here folks, move right along.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2006, 02:00:10 PM »
Don't spoil the fun. Sure there's controversy. There are people crossing to the dark side, there are flames, there's action, sex, heavy language. Some of the subtitles are missing but what the heck.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2006, 02:06:02 PM »
yes, he has me talking in hidden jokes that only i can understand.
i have cum over to the dark side.
teeheee.
Misunderstood.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2006, 03:24:09 PM »
Well thankyou.  I am glad I am a celebrity. Now if I could get those seminude pics up....

Spread your legs woman!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2006, 04:04:44 PM »
Well thankyou.  I am glad I am a celebrity. Now if I could get those seminude pics up....

...there would be even more sex?  ;D

- Albert Einstein

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2006, 04:46:43 PM »
I think there's truth in what Omega_Female says, but this *is* Intensity, and the person in question has repeatedly stated his willingness to participate.

yes, i'm quite aware that this is Intensity, thank you very much! ?:P all i am trying to do is to understand what motivates some people to treat Fluorescent so harshly. i can't imagine that he's done anything so bad that he deserves the wrath of so many people. ?:-\

as for a person's willingness to participate, i believe there is a point at which mentally ill people* are thought to be no longer responsible for their own actions ("diminished responsibility"). also, if person "A" helps person "B" to commit suicide, person "A" is still likely to be sent to prison for murder / man-slaughter, regardless of whether or not they had person "B's" consent. i'm not saying it's right, but that's just the way it is.

just in case i haven't explained myself clearly, i am not suggesting that members shouldn't be allowed to insult those who are perceived as being vulnerable; all i am asking is that members conduct themselves according to their own moral code and take some responsibility for their own actions. of course, everybody is free to ignore my advice - so take it or leave it.

* by the way, i am not suggesting that Fluorescent is ?mentally ill; i have no knowledge of his psychiatric history. i am just using him as an example.