Author Topic: Interrogate PMS Elle!  (Read 65469 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Interrogate PMS Elle!
« Reply #2205 on: August 27, 2011, 09:48:05 AM »
I responded to Trigger in the callout thread.

re:  Les- I believe I said this before but I'll repeat it.  I think I come across as more extreme on here than I am in real life, but I did take stock of some of my views of/reactions to men since that callout (as a direct result of it, as well as of a friend IRL who is stridently anti-gender-stereotype), and I think I have toned it tone a bit, IRL as well as (I think?  maybe?) on here.  I don't bear Les any ill will and I don't think he launched an arbitrary hate-driven attack on me. 

I think the signature got a little stale but then, so did my custom title.  I shoudl attend to that now.

Yeah well I am reactionary and not very good at saying things gently even when the intent is there.
I do like you Elle. That is why it mattered.
Yeah, you have toned it down a lot and I appreciate it. I did like the resolution to the callout.
Found a new sig now and I like it. Your custom title? Hell, it was what was agreed upon by the membership and it doesn't bother me and I don't actually look at it apart from when it is bought to my attention. Feel free to keep it for as long as you like.
Not seeing much of the happy, humourous Elle of old and hope in time that will change and that you will have good reason to feel that way.
You ever need to chat then PM me. Always open. Can't promise delicacy but can promise I will listen and I will be honest and care.
As life IRL fluxuates, so does the etxent to which I post on this board, and the flavor of those posts.

This is actually not critcising you for not being happy go lucky, bubbly or humourous or an expectation you ought to be. But as the bolded bit suggests. I see acknowledge that things are a bit rougher in your life than those times that you were those things, and I am hoping for things to get better, This was followed on with the thought that if youy needed someone to chat to becauase of this I am available.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #2206 on: August 27, 2011, 11:34:01 AM »
:)

Dont feel bad about never having met him. Hes a total douche, although the older members will disagree.

This practically screams butthurt.

How is it butthurt when it's giving an opinion on someone?

Personally , I agree with Butterflies , I think DD is a bit of a douche.  :dunno:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2207 on: August 27, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »
I like DD. Nice bloke. Unusual and eccentric but no more than many on here. I can only say that of everyone here I am really the only completely normal one. (I have very loose definitions of normal)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #2208 on: August 27, 2011, 12:05:40 PM »
I like DD. Nice bloke. Unusual and eccentric but no more than many on here. I can only say that of everyone here I am really the only completely normal one. (I have very loose definitions of normal)

That's fair enough , everyone has different perceptions of different people.

I don't see how Butterflies is acting "butthurt" though , it's not like she was slagging him off , just merely stating she disliked DD IMO.
Maybe it's just because Odeon likes DD he saw it that way idk.  :dunno:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2209 on: August 27, 2011, 05:57:41 PM »
Thanks Squiddy. I dont think I do sound butthurt. I cant stand DD, but thats because hes been a total douche since I joined this site. Im glad Im not the only one who thinks so. I dont think anyone would have accused me of sounding butthurt if I was describing Richard, but..............
Ican respect the old peoples view that DD was once a decent guy, but they should respect our view that he has been an absolute douche in recent times.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #2210 on: August 27, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »
Thanks Squiddy. I dont think I do sound butthurt. I cant stand DD, but thats because hes been a total douche since I joined this site. Im glad Im not the only one who thinks so. I dont think anyone would have accused me of sounding butthurt if I was describing Richard, but..............
Ican respect the old peoples view that DD was once a decent guy, but they should respect our view that he has been an absolute douche in recent times.

:agreed:

Osensitive1

« Reply #2211 on: August 27, 2011, 08:27:48 PM »
Can't think of anything Dirtdog ever did to butterflies for her to be butthurt over in the first place, though possible could have missed something.

eris

« Reply #2212 on: August 27, 2011, 08:29:15 PM »
There was a callout many moths ago with Soph and butterflies against DD for something silly like gun laws and not liking England, and DD being rude to people (like me) for no reason. But thought it ended well.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2213 on: August 28, 2011, 03:20:41 AM »
I never saw myself as butthurt about him. I do think hes a douche, and I have no problem letting him, or anyone else know.
Maybe that is butthurt, I dunno.

If I was describing Richard to someone, and I said he was a douche,  would you say I was butthurt? I do think Richards a douche, I havent spoke to him in ages, but I certainly dont feel any butthurt towards him.

No, I wouldn't. It depends on the individual, and I remember your exchanges with DD.

OTOH, this is my perception only, not a universal truth in any way. Normally you are a very sharp and level-headed person, not at all the butthurt kind. Your exchanges with DD were different, if that makes any sense.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2214 on: August 28, 2011, 03:23:42 AM »

I don't see how Butterflies is acting "butthurt" though , it's not like she was slagging him off , just merely stating she disliked DD IMO.

This could well be the case. Maybe I'm just being a grumpy old man again.

I like butterflies, too, I should add.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2215 on: August 28, 2011, 03:24:58 AM »

You are the norm, the impossibly high standards that the rest of us can only dream of. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2216 on: August 28, 2011, 03:26:06 AM »

This could well be the case. Maybe I'm just being a grumpy old man again.

I like butterflies, too, I should add.

I don't. She is awful.

No I lie.

Nothing wrong with being a grumpy old man

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2217 on: August 28, 2011, 07:00:19 AM »
@Odeon. Makes kinda sense. I disrespect one or two people from this site. DDs the only one whos ever annoyed me enough that I actually dislike them. Perhaps that is butthurt. Idont know the definition of the word well enough to argue otherwise.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2218 on: August 28, 2011, 07:09:47 AM »
@anyone asking why the issue between us.

Me and DD have clashef a few times. Usually Ive made a joke, DDs failed to get the joke, came in shouting his mouth off, and then refuse to back up anything he said.

I dont like having bad relations with anyone on this site, so I sent him a very nice reconciliatory PM. His reply all but removed any posibility of us being civil to each other.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2219 on: August 28, 2011, 07:29:31 AM »
Fair enough, and not important in any case. Sorry you don't get along with him, though.

- Albert Einstein