Author Topic: Interrogate PMS Elle!  (Read 65469 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Interrogate PMS Elle!
« Reply #1590 on: June 08, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »
Then again, what's in my past is relatively awful, but I'm starting (within the past few months) to realize that I don't give off vibes of craziness, so when I say "It wasn't my fault, and it turns out I'm actually not nuts," it's probably usually believeable.  *shrug*

Yeah, at least over the internet, your vibes are more like "I'm stable and playful, I have an awesome sense of humor and a lot of common sense."
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #1591 on: June 08, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »
Were you always too open prior to a few years ago, or did you go from more reserved first, then to being too open, before realing it back in. I was very closed, but am now way too open. Wouldn't mind realing it back in some. If and when I start trying again, I am likely to scare off every chick I ever come across. Ha ha!

My whole 'don't care what anyone thinks' attitude makes it easy to ridicule myself, which makes it nearly impossible to hurt me emotionally. Unless, of course, the person is someone close that I care about. Then the 'don't care' attitude isn't really 100% applicable. But don't tell anyone I said that!!!

As far as asking you for advice goes...well you are far more experienced than me in this stuff and at least have a good handle on a lot of it with regards to yourself. Ultimately, the variables are all different due to each person being unique. There is no perfect formula. All you can hope for is to come across someone you can relate to and connect with, who can understand and respect you, and you can do the same in return for. Some of will probably spend our entire lives looking for this.

Now I am sad! :'(
Heh. Not me. She seems to know her shit when it comes to stuff like this. I'm going to pick her brain till i've learned what she knows about it. I suggest you do the same.
I'm more experienced than Trig, and 'know my shit,' eh?  I do appreciate the compliment, but let's remember that I'm three years younger than Rage, have only been in three relationships 'till now, and (obviously) each of those relationships failed.  My advice to others may well be good, but then again, would you trust diet tips from a fat person?  :P  Hence my grain-of-salt warning.

As far as being open- I reeled way back after over-disclosure pretty much gave my first partner a way of invalidating anything I said or did as a symptom of my dysfunction rather than, for example, reasonable and proportional anger at something he did wrong.  (Which was, of course, what had been done to me my entire life by the people around me.)  To be fair, at the time, my self-esteem was so low that I blamed myself for everything anyway, so he didn't really need the excuse... but I think it did play in, and that scared me.  In my second relationship I disclosed as little as possible, and I think it (among other mistakes) helped make my partner feel untrusted and un-cared-about.

I have yet to have self-disclosure drive people away (that I'm aware of)- lack of it probably did.  Then again, what's in my past is relatively awful, but I'm starting (within the past few months) to realize that I don't give off vibes of craziness, so when I say "It wasn't my fault, and it turns out I'm actually not nuts," it's probably usually believeable.  *shrug*

I would have to agree with Pyraxis that you definitely give off a pretty good vibe on here. You're not crazy...relatively speaking. :P
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1592 on: June 08, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »
She does know her shit, in theory! :zoinks: So she is excellent for picking brains. Methinks she either lacks confidence in herself or has not figured out yet how to put these theories to practice. :P

I'm gonna get ripped a new one for this post, aren't I?
It prolly largely is lack of confidence (in relationships, anyway), difficult putting theories to practice, or lack of ability to make decisions with my brain.  :laugh:

And, I'm supposed to rip Trig a new one, eh?  OK, fine:

Boys, these discussions are fascinating, so ask questions all you want, but do remember:  I'm never going to sleep with either of you.   :zoinks:

Choose your own adventure:

a) I can't speak for Rage, but I'm interested in developing an intellectual, plutonic online relationship.

OR

b) Who said anything about sleeping? :-*

Sorry! Had to do it!!! :P
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1593 on: June 08, 2009, 07:26:57 PM »
Then again, what's in my past is relatively awful, but I'm starting (within the past few months) to realize that I don't give off vibes of craziness, so when I say "It wasn't my fault, and it turns out I'm actually not nuts," it's probably usually believeable.  *shrug*

Yeah, at least over the internet, your vibes are more like "I'm stable and playful, I have an awesome sense of humor and a lot of common sense."
TY, Pyraxis.  :)

I would have to agree with Pyraxis that you definitely give off a pretty good vibe on here. You're not crazy...relatively speaking. :P
I'm ecccentric:P  And ty.  =D

a) I can't speak for Rage, but I'm interested in developing an intellectual, plutonic online relationship.

OR

:laugh:  Actually, I was assuming one of you would suggest both at once.  I guess my mind has once again proven itself to be dirtier than most male minds.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1594 on: June 08, 2009, 09:00:34 PM »

OR

:laugh:  Actually, I was assuming one of you would suggest both at once.  I guess my mind has once again proven itself to be dirtier than most male minds.

Well Rage, I'm game! :zoinks: Are you up for it? :-*
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1595 on: June 08, 2009, 11:17:28 PM »
What have you been up to?

Are you still studying psychology?

Are you working right now?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1596 on: June 09, 2009, 05:02:33 AM »
*facepalm*   :laugh:

The idea of double-teaming a girl always seemed kinda gay on the part of the guys, to me.  Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I've heard it debated before.

I can basically answer all three at once- I'm doing an internship right now, which is part of the tail end of my Master's.  It doesn't pay, but it has an unpredictable schedule, so what should be 20-30 hours a week will probably expand to fill the space of a full-time job, in terms of when I am and am not available.  Between that and how emotionally intense the work can be, I feel that my choice to spend my last two semesters of grad school continuing to add to my already massive school-related debt is the best of two bad options (the other being trying to hold a part-time job, rack up slightly less debt, and potentially burn myself out).  In other words, I'm at the place in my education that most people in the field look back on and wince.   :laugh:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1597 on: June 09, 2009, 09:26:31 AM »

The idea of double-teaming a girl always seemed kinda gay on the part of the guys, to me.  Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I've heard it debated before.

I can basically answer all three at once- I'm doing an internship right now, which is part of the tail end of my Master's.  It doesn't pay, but it has an unpredictable schedule, so what should be 20-30 hours a week will probably expand to fill the space of a full-time job, in terms of when I am and am not available.  Between that and how emotionally intense the work can be, I feel that my choice to spend my last two semesters of grad school continuing to add to my already massive school-related debt is the best of two bad options (the other being trying to hold a part-time job, rack up slightly less debt, and potentially burn myself out).  In other words, I'm at the place in my education that most people in the field look back on and wince.   :laugh:

I've slapped high fives over a girl's back before. Course we were all drunk, and I knew the guy real well. Yeah I could rail a chick in partnership with trigger. We could take her ass on a fucking journey! Right dude?  :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1598 on: June 09, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »
PMS Elle might be able to get herself fingercuffed.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1599 on: June 09, 2009, 10:20:43 AM »
I think they refer to it as the Devil's Threesome!

Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1600 on: June 09, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »
I don't think I am at a place in our relationship Rage where I can go there with you. I mean, I want Elle to be happy and all, so if this is what she really wants I can try and get to that place. But I really am not ready. Plus, I'm afraid it would be difficult to go back from that and would jeopardize my friendship with Elle. I am really not looking for a physical thing anyway, other than muff diving, of course.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1601 on: June 09, 2009, 11:11:06 AM »
I don't think I am at a place in our relationship Rage where I can go there with you. I mean, I want Elle to be happy and all, so if this is what she really wants I can try and get to that place. But I really am not ready. Plus, I'm afraid it would be difficult to go back from that and would jeopardize my friendship with Elle. I am really not looking for a physical thing anyway, other than muff diving, of course.

:lol: Dude I about fell out of my chair. That was fucking funny.  :plus:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1602 on: June 09, 2009, 12:19:08 PM »
Elle,

What song would you like me to request Trent play tonight? I've already requested our song, but thought you might have something else you'd like NIN to play. Later!

Trig
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:22:26 PM by Trigger11 »
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1603 on: June 10, 2009, 08:23:53 AM »
I think they refer to it as the Devil's Threesome!
Actually, I think Rage described the 'Eiffel tower.'

Elle,

What song would you like me to request Trent play tonight? I've already requested our song, but thought you might have something else you'd like NIN to play. Later!

Trig
What's 'our song?'  Only?   :laugh:

TheoK

« Reply #1604 on: June 10, 2009, 08:29:09 AM »
Do ye prefer bourbon or scotch, wench? Or do ye not drink manly drinks like that at all? :arrr: