Educational

Author Topic: Interrogate PMS Elle!  (Read 65502 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Interrogate PMS Elle!
« Reply #1575 on: June 06, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »
Hmm. I seem to never tell them shit. Maybe I have a LOT to learn.
Well, are you trying for real relationships, or just sex for awhile?  The former requires more than the latter.

Will you send me a picture of your vagina?
Send me some money and I'll think about it.

Sorry, but thoughts in my head associated with what you referred to as caretaker bait and I can't quote that whole thing on my iPhone, so for clarification, that is what this post refers to.

I can see where a co-dependancy kind of relationship could result if one person was needing someone who needs taking care of and the one who needed being taken care of would become dependent on this and the relationship would not be too healthy. Good thing you learned this when you did, before you ended up in such a situation.

Not to be too personal, but have you figured out how to mesh all of the independent, level-headed stuff with keeping yourself open enough in developing relationships early on. Probably partner and relationship-type specific, but having some insight would be useful.

Knowing and understanding yourself is key, in my opinion, to developing successful relationships.

Not sure if I expressed what I wanted to. Rambling maybe. :zoinks:
Actually, I have been in a sorta codependent relationship- just that I was the one doing the caretaking.  It sucked.  It's a tendency I still have to fight, but it's worth fighting, because if I end up doing everything I end up resenting it.

I agree, knowing yourself is important, though one thing I know about myself is I tend to absorb stuff from people around me.

No, I haven't figured out how to do stuff right- relationships aren't a system that can be beat.  :laugh:

Frankly self-dislosure is somehting I'm struggling with already in a thing I think I'm sorta starting with someone who, oddly enough, apparently has the same issue I do with having to say "I can't talk about this yet."  (Leave it to me to tap a button like that very early on without meaning to, too.  Lol.)  It's funny to hear you asking advice on something I'm actually sorta feeling like I'm floundering with.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1576 on: June 06, 2009, 09:47:36 AM »

I'm a penniless student. Would you settle for a kiss?  :-*

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1577 on: June 06, 2009, 09:48:06 AM »
Hmm. I seem to never tell them shit. Maybe I have a LOT to learn.
Well, are you trying for real relationships, or just sex for awhile?  The former requires more than the latter.

Sorry, but thoughts in my head associated with what you referred to as caretaker bait and I can't quote that whole thing on my iPhone, so for clarification, that is what this post refers to.

I can see where a co-dependancy kind of relationship could result if one person was needing someone who needs taking care of and the one who needed being taken care of would become dependent on this and the relationship would not be too healthy. Good thing you learned this when you did, before you ended up in such a situation.

Not to be too personal, but have you figured out how to mesh all of the independent, level-headed stuff with keeping yourself open enough in developing relationships early on. Probably partner and relationship-type specific, but having some insight would be useful.

Knowing and understanding yourself is key, in my opinion, to developing successful relationships.

Not sure if I expressed what I wanted to. Rambling maybe. :zoinks:
Actually, I have been in a sorta codependent relationship- just that I was the one doing the caretaking.  It sucked.  It's a tendency I still have to fight, but it's worth fighting, because if I end up doing everything I end up resenting it.

I agree, knowing yourself is important, though one thing I know about myself is I tend to absorb stuff from people around me.

No, I haven't figured out how to do stuff right- relationships aren't a system that can be beat.  :laugh:

Frankly self-dislosure is somehting I'm struggling with already in a thing I think I'm sorta starting with someone who, oddly enough, apparently has the same issue I do with having to say "I can't talk about this yet."  (Leave it to me to tap a button like that very early on without meaning to, too.  Lol.)  It's funny to hear you asking advice on something I'm actually sorta feeling like I'm floundering with.

You know deep down i'd love to have a relationship. But my track record with girlfriends isn't exactly pristine. Its always been me that broke it off or screwed up or got pissed and scared her off. I can't seem to get it right on this kind of stuff.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1578 on: June 06, 2009, 04:20:24 PM »

I'm a penniless student. Would you settle for a kiss?  :-*
The kiss would cost you, too.  :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1579 on: June 07, 2009, 11:57:35 AM »
But Im extremely beautiful!  :(

:indeed:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1580 on: June 07, 2009, 11:58:09 AM »
Do you support voluntary euthanasia?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1581 on: June 07, 2009, 02:32:00 PM »
Assisted suicide, you mean?  Honetly I sort of lean toward "Yes, but only following a waiting period and extensive psych evaluation by a number of professionals."  I would be opposed to helping someone kill themselves when they were, for example, distraught over some temporary problem in their life.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1582 on: June 07, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »

I would support it in YOUR case, fag. :thumbup:
I will never stop...

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1583 on: June 07, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »
 :moon:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #1584 on: June 08, 2009, 11:19:15 AM »
Were you always too open prior to a few years ago, or did you go from more reserved first, then to being too open, before realing it back in. I was very closed, but am now way too open. Wouldn't mind realing it back in some. If and when I start trying again, I am likely to scare off every chick I ever come across. Ha ha!

My whole 'don't care what anyone thinks' attitude makes it easy to ridicule myself, which makes it nearly impossible to hurt me emotionally. Unless, of course, the person is someone close that I care about. Then the 'don't care' attitude isn't really 100% applicable. But don't tell anyone I said that!!!

As far as asking you for advice goes...well you are far more experienced than me in this stuff and at least have a good handle on a lot of it with regards to yourself. Ultimately, the variables are all different due to each person being unique. There is no perfect formula. All you can hope for is to come across someone you can relate to and connect with, who can understand and respect you, and you can do the same in return for. Some of us will probably spend our entire lives looking for this.

Now I am sad! :'(

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:33:22 AM by Trigger11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1585 on: June 08, 2009, 11:28:26 AM »
Were you always too open prior to a few years ago, or did you go from more reserved first, then to being too open, before realing it back in. I was very closed, but am now way too open. Wouldn't mind realing it back in some. If and when I start trying again, I am likely to scare off every chick I ever come across. Ha ha!

My whole 'don't care what anyone thinks' attitude makes it easy to ridicule myself, which makes it nearly impossible to hurt me emotionally. Unless, of course, the person is someone close that I care about. Then the 'don't care' attitude isn't really 100% applicable. But don't tell anyone I said that!!!

As far as asking you for advice goes...well you are far more experienced than me in this stuff and at least have a good handle on a lot of it with regards to yourself. Ultimately, the variables are all different due to each person being unique. There is no perfect formula. All you can hope for is to come across someone you can relate to and connect with, who can understand and respect you, and you can do the same in return for. Some of will probably spend our entire lives looking for this.

Heh. Not me. She seems to know her shit when it comes to stuff like this. I'm going to pick her brain till i've learned what she knows about it. I suggest you do the same.
I will never stop...

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #1586 on: June 08, 2009, 11:38:28 AM »
She does know her shit, in theory! :zoinks: So she is excellent for picking brains. Methinks she either lacks confidence in herself or has not figured out yet how to put these theories to practice. :P

I'm gonna get ripped a new one for this post, aren't I?
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1587 on: June 08, 2009, 11:42:59 AM »
Probably. Even if she feels flattered, she'll pick on you anyway because its a good opportunity. I would in any case. :laugh:
I will never stop...

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1588 on: June 08, 2009, 03:59:07 PM »

As far as asking you for advice goes...well you are far more experienced than me in this stuff and at least have a good handle on a lot of it with regards to yourself. Ultimately, the variables are all different due to each person being unique. There is no perfect formula. All you can hope for is to come across someone you can relate to and connect with, who can understand and respect you, and you can do the same in return for. Some of will probably spend our entire lives looking for this.

Heh. Not me. She seems to know her shit when it comes to stuff like this. I'm going to pick her brain till i've learned what she knows about it. I suggest you do the same.
I'm more experienced than Trig, and 'know my shit,' eh?  I do appreciate the compliment, but let's remember that I'm three years younger than Rage, have only been in three relationships 'till now, and (obviously) each of those relationships failed.  My advice to others may well be good, but then again, would you trust diet tips from a fat person?  :P  Hence my grain-of-salt warning.

As far as being open- I reeled way back after over-disclosure pretty much gave my first partner a way of invalidating anything I said or did as a symptom of my dysfunction rather than, for example, reasonable and proportional anger at something he did wrong.  (Which was, of course, what had been done to me my entire life by the people around me.)  To be fair, at the time, my self-esteem was so low that I blamed myself for everything anyway, so he didn't really need the excuse... but I think it did play in, and that scared me.  In my second relationship I disclosed as little as possible, and I think it (among other mistakes) helped make my partner feel untrusted and un-cared-about.

I have yet to have self-disclosure drive people away (that I'm aware of)- lack of it probably did.  Then again, what's in my past is relatively awful, but I'm starting (within the past few months) to realize that I don't give off vibes of craziness, so when I say "It wasn't my fault, and it turns out I'm actually not nuts," it's probably usually believeable.  *shrug*

She does know her shit, in theory! :zoinks: So she is excellent for picking brains. Methinks she either lacks confidence in herself or has not figured out yet how to put these theories to practice. :P

It prolly largely is lack of confidence (in relationships, anyway), difficult putting theories to practice, or lack of ability to make decisions with my brain.  :laugh:

And, I'm supposed to rip Trig a new one, eh?  OK, fine:

Boys, these discussions are fascinating, so ask questions all you want, but do remember:  I'm never going to sleep with either of you.   :zoinks:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:00:38 PM by PMS Elle »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1589 on: June 08, 2009, 04:06:59 PM »

I'm more experienced than Trig, and 'know my shit,' eh?  I do appreciate the compliment, but let's remember that I'm three years younger than Rage, have only been in three relationships 'till now, and (obviously) each of those relationships failed.  My advice to others may well be good, but then again, would you trust diet tips from a fat person?  :P  Hence my grain-of-salt warning.

As far as being open- I reeled way back after over-disclosure pretty much gave my first partner a way of invalidating anything I said or did as a symptom of my dysfunction rather than, for example, reasonable and proportional anger at something he did wrong.  (Which was, of course, what had been done to me my entire life by the people around me.)  To be fair, at the time, my self-esteem was so low that I blamed myself for everything anyway, so he didn't really need the excuse... but I think it did play in, and that scared me.  In my second relationship I disclosed as little as possible, and I think it (among other mistakes) helped make my partner feel untrusted and un-cared-about.

I have yet to have self-disclosure drive people away (that I'm aware of)- lack of it probably did.  Then again, what's in my past is relatively awful, but I'm starting (within the past few months) to realize that I don't give off vibes of craziness, so when I say "It wasn't my fault, and it turns out I'm actually not nuts," it's probably usually believeable.  *shrug*

It prolly largely is lack of confidence (in relationships, anyway), difficult putting theories to practice, or lack of ability to make decisions with my brain.  :laugh:

And, I'm supposed to rip Trig a new one, eh?  OK, fine:

Boys, these discussions are fascinating, so ask questions all you want, but do remember:  I'm never going to sleep with either of you.   :zoinks:

Well duuuuuuh. You're too far away for starters. :lol:
I will never stop...